Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Miracle

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    I can think of no other way they could have made the wheels on this vehicle any uglier.
    Hey what if they painted them orange?

That is more repulsive than vomit

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    I can think of no other way they could have made the wheels on this vehicle any uglier.
    they could have made the wheels green

the "new" Hamann Black Miracle is much more reserved than this, and it's an F430 Spider... perhaps someone will post pics...

EDIT: I posted them, figured it'd be quicker than waiting on a certain someone...

link to hide-out thread: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...k-miracle.html
    Last edited by nopassn; 11-23-2007 at 08:37 PM.
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Ground clearance looks to be at a premium. I guess there's usability gone out the window then...

This is one of those cars that sits in the front of the class, raising its hand and waving it at the teacher frantically, only to have forgotten the question.
    I'm erudite ;-)

Matt-black finish and smoked taillights? Good. Orange everything else, and stupid doors, not to mention giant rear wing on a car with some of the most advanced aerodynamics ever? Bad. At least they kept the wing at a pretty low profile, but then, just to prove that it was an accident, they painted it orange... Shame to because a matt-black 430 would look incredible.

Bruxell,

What happened to the usable sportscar? If I was a tuner I'd yank every computer not monitoring the engine and then turn my attention to to wrenching loose the electrohydraulic transmission, power seats, windows and steering. I'd sell it all back to Ferrari as new and spend every dime I got back on an Acura NSX steering rack, a Ferrari F-50 manual transmission and a couple carbon fiber rear fenders, call it club sport and call it a day.

And then I'd paint it matte black. You're entirely right.
    Last edited by LandQuail; 11-23-2007 at 11:51 PM.
    I'm erudite ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail View Post
    Bruxell,

What happened to the usable sportscar? If I was a tuner I'd yank every computer not monitoring the engine and then turn my attention to to wrenching loose the electrohydraulic transmission, power seats, windows and steering. I'd sell it all back to Ferrari as new and spend every dime I got back on an Acura NSX steering rack, a Ferrari F-50 manual transmission and a couple carbon fiber rear fenders, call it club sport and call it a day.

And then I'd paint it matte black. You're entirely right.
    I think you can still get a 430 with an H-pattern manual (I don't think Ferrari have gone that far astray yet?) And I think the steering is supposed to be pretty good on this car. But I do agree that the computers seem to have taken over the entire Ferrari experience. I think the problem is that Ferrari are selling to a new, inexperienced, and very lucrative kind of customer, who also happens to be very litigious. So they have no choice but to make the cars safer to drive badly. Only Ferrari have the ability to do this, and market the computer systems as a motor-sport spin-off. Ferrari’s F1 expertise is now working against the purity of their driving experience.
    I should say that I’m making most of these judgments, with a dearth of practical experience, I have no seat time in any Ferrari. But I have driven sportscars with no, limited, and formidable amounts of computer assistance, and I do find that computers just get in the way of having fun. Not going fast, I’m not that skilled, but I have more fun doing things for myself.
    And the F50 remains my favorite super-high-performance Ferrari for its combination of three elements:
    1. A race-derived, high power V12.
    2. A proper, and well-developed manual gearbox.
    3. A driving experience devoid of the interference of driver-aids.

I agree, the 430 would be better is Hamann just took off some of the unnecessary junk, and made it lighter, and more fun. Hey, didn’t Ferrari just do that?

I agree with the bashing above... god what were they thinking?

Also, is this the stupidest name for a car ever or what?
    Last edited by ZeTurbo; 11-24-2007 at 07:30 AM.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo View Post
    Also, is this the stupidest name for a car ever or what?
    I don't think so, but it isn't a good one, that's for sure. There are a lot of really bad car names out ther today, and they're not all from Japan anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by bruxell View Post
    I don't think so, but it isn't a good one, that's for sure. There are a lot of really bad car names out ther today, and they're not all from Japan anymore...
    Are yuo kiding me? find me one car name wors than "black miracle"
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Thread Information