Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hennessey Venom GT Concept + Road Car

Hennessey Venom GT Concept + Road Car

(from Hennessey Performance Engineering Press Release 2007)

HENNESSEY VENOM GT Concept Car

1000 BHP + 2700 lb Mid-Engine Chassis = New Benchmark of Sports Car Performance

HOUSTON, TEXAS (November 20, 2007) - Hennessey Performance Engineering today announced that it is introducing the company's first concept car - The Venom GT.

Penned by British auto designer, Steve Everitt, the Venom GT would incorporate Hennessey's potent Venom 1000 Twin Turbo Viper V10 powerplant into a light weight mid-engine chassis weighing "under 2,700 lbs". Power would be run through a 6-speed transmission or optional sequential gearbox.

With a power to weight ratio of just 2.7 lbs per bhp Hennessey estimates that the Venom GT could attain 0 to 100 km/h times in less than 2.5 sec. and a 0-300 km/h time of around 14 seconds. Company founder, John Hennessey, is careful to point out that the Venom GT is not being built as a "Veyron Slayer". Hennessey point out, saying, "The Veyron is an ultra fast and ultra luxurious grand touring car which also happens to be quicker and faster than any other road car, except for our Venom 1000 Twin Turbo SRT which beat the Veyron earlier this year from 0-200 mph. The Venom GT will be a much more engaging sports car to drive by challenging the driver with 1000+ HP in a chassis that is nearly 1500 lbs lighter than the Veyron."

Hennessey said, "The company already has existing Venom 1000 Twin Turbo clients interested in ordering the lighter, mid-engined Venom GT. "Right now are taking a serious look at building 2 concept cars that could be shown to the public sometime in 2009. If there is enough demand we may consider doing a very limited production run of the Venom GT."

If the Venom GT goes into production, it would be built at the company's facility at Lonestar Motorsports Park which is located just west of Houston, Texas.

About Hennessey Performance Engineering

Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE) specializes in designing, testing, manufacturing and selling high-performance parts and services for the Dodge Viper SRT10, Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, Chrysler 300C SRT8 and Dodge Magnum SRT8 as well as other high performance and exotic brands such as Bentley, AMG Mercedes and Porsche. HPE is completing the construction of the company's new 30,000 square foot engineering and manufacturing facility at the company's Lonestar Motorosports Park - a 1/4 mile dragstrip located 45 minutes west of Houston, Texas. HPE is the only aftermarket tuning firm in North America that owns and operates its own vehicle testing track / proving grounds. The company will move to its new facility at the end of 2007.
    specs:
    Engine = 8.6 liter V10
    Weight = 2700 lbs
    Aspiration = twin turbochargers
    Torque = 1100 lb-ft @ 3800 rpm
    HP = 1000 hp @ 5000 rpm
    HP/Weight = 2.7 lbs per hp
    HP/Liter = 116.3 hp per liter
    0-62 mph = under 2.5 seconds

Hennessey Venom GT Concept #1
    Last edited by Sledgehammer; 11-26-2007 at 11:59 AM.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

8.6 liter? really?

thats almost five 1.8t's

Any word on what boost level they’re using to get such a spectacularly low power output from an 8.6??? And have they just gone and bought the rights to use the Exige front end? That could explain Lotus’ recent turn in fortunes… Still, I wish them the best. I love living in a world where people routinely decide to hinge their fortunes on making the most useless items imaginable just because it’s fun.

ummmmmm
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921 View Post
    ummmmmm
    Check the comments section, the world is way ahead of you. By the way, is that the Exige sports racer, or one of Lotus' own GT3 cars???

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921 View Post
    ummmmmm
    Yup, I totally agree. I noted that a week ago when UCP was updated.

How original.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    How original.
    Come on, you’re being cynical. There’s plenty there that’s original! Why, they’ve chopped the roofline slightly, given it different mirrors, and the wing adjustment system off of a Veyron… and um… those little vent-thingies in the front bumper… it’s longer…

Quote Originally Posted by bruxell View Post
    Come on, you’re being cynical. There’s plenty there that’s original! Why, they’ve chopped the roofline slightly, given it different mirrors, and the wing adjustment system off of a Veyron… and um… those little vent-thingies in the front bumper… it’s longer…
    Amazing how brilliant minds all think alike.

Hennessey Venom GT Concept #2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

The rear is not helping it look different from the exige

Yes for some reason the sketches look suspiciously like a Lotus.

With a twin turbo V10 though I doubt the proportions will be anything like it.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

1000 bhp elise should be fun still doesnt beat the weineck cobra for looks or brute power

with that much power in that little of a car, good luck with traction

they are going to need some brilliant tires
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

looks nice and also fast. The Hennessey Viper was a success. I have said before it is a concept and they all have flaws. With 1000bhp it looks like the car would twist and buckle.
    What happens if you get scared half to death, twice?
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

it's not like the customers will ever recieve there cars anyway.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information