Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Corvette ZR1 LS9 Engine

Am not a fan of the two-tone interior - hopefully only an option
    Looking better, switches all look in good places and I presume from the price hike that it now uses better quality plastics for the dash !
    BUT, will $100K in it's home market then lose it's attraction ?
    If the dollar stays above $2/£ possibly as imports will be very expensive.
    SHame that the inverse doesn't happen and that would turn up as a £50K iover here
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    Does the LS1,2,3 have the same heads as the ls9, that would be a worthy addition for the LSX engines here especially with the in built air/water intercooler wont be efficent as cooling the charge as a good air/air though). IIRC the corvette is limited to room so twin snails were too hard to acccomodate unless they went a system like the Gen TT kit here in Australia.

That would look very nice in my skiboat

Im my best Borat Voice" its very very niiicee"

P.S MonaroCuntry STFU will you ,its getting old and tired, each to their own, you dont like jap anything WE GET IT

Still prefer twin snails though , much better than a supercharger IMHO and plenty of scope for tuning

I think air/water would be better than just air. I like supercharged better, its better packaged, better off idle response and just better.

Room isnt a problem with the corvette, theres plenty of TT vettes running around. APS in Australia even have a TT kit for the vette.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Am not a fan of the two-tone interior - hopefully only an option
    Looking better, switches all look in good places and I presume from the price hike that it now uses better quality plastics for the dash !
    BUT, will $100K in it's home market then lose it's attraction ?
    If the dollar stays above $2/£ possibly as imports will be very expensive.
    SHame that the inverse doesn't happen and that would turn up as a £50K iover here
    I think what you seen was the new Z06 interior. AFAIK there are no images of the ZR1 interior outside of those taken of the test mule.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

i'm a huge fan of corvette but they are just making this to a response to the viper don´t you think
    In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women. -Tony Montana

Hum, i don't like that plastic cover, i do love the supercharger/intercooler design, on the other hand using it in such a large engine can only be due to cost efectivness and sales, a supercharger sounds much better for thoose who pay the bills, specialy in it's primary market.

I would like to see this engine refined and putting out thoose ~700bhp without the superchager, but i guess the value of the car would rise.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

wow, i just dropped a nut. i want to make love to that....
    I think "Koenigsegg" is Sweedish for "OH NO, MY HEADS JUST EXPLODED!"

If you can still see the cops,
    you're not going fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
    Bigger turbo, after market computer management, larger inter cooler, injectors, a whole new strengthened engine block/internals, and tons of $$$$$$$$ should get you that 1000hp.......................oh BTW to hell with fuel consumption, with emissions, with drivability and with torque. Most likely this 1000hp RB powered GTR (older one) will be beaten sh1tless by your average Camry driver on normal stop and go traffic.

Show me these street driven 1000hp skylines? Seriously, if they are that easy to achieve then show me.

Agree, 2JZ is far stronger than the RB...................Race Bred my @ss.
    Any engine tuned to high horsepower is going to run itself to pieces if you give it enough time. It doesn't matter if it's Japanese, German or American.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    This thread went from awesome to suck-fest right about the time people started talking about things other than the ZR1 and LS9.
    Seriously. People either have to drop the topic or leave their garbage in their own crappy thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    What's 'junk' gas?
    Low octane maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Low octane maybe?
    Gas with ethanol, it runs shitty.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Forget the lowly 380hp Nissan GTR

I will sum The corvette up in one word, supercharged!

Narrow power band made even narrower and gears geared so close that a CVT would make a better transmission, Driven by noobs who only know how to go in a straight line and use alcohol to power their minds, bodies and engines

P.S: qouted power figures were < 650, I do not know where you got 700
    Last edited by kigango123; 12-01-2007 at 03:00 PM.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    It only runs poorly in certain engines that aren't very compatable. Its not bad though, the koenigsegg CCXRBBQ that is the top of the line uses Ethanol, not for cleanliness (it's a freaking supercar, what do they care?) but because it cools the engine, has higher octane, and naturally lubricates.

2007 Koenigsegg CCXR

So think about that before making blanket statements of ethanol being shitty
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123 View Post

Narrow power band made even narrower and gears geared so close that a CVT would make a better transmission, Driven by noobs who only know how to go in a straight line.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Narrow power band made even narrower and gears geared so close that a CVT would make a better transmission, Driven by noobs who only know how to go in a straight line and use alcohol to power their minds, bodies and engines
    This is some kind of joke right?
    Narrow powerband? Where do you buy your drugs from?
    Take a look:
    Bottom line is a stock 2007 base C6, top is the same C6 with a supercharger:
    SCLS2122
    This is on pump gas with not much boost...
    Narrow gears? You do realize that the Corvette (and most other t56 equipped cars) top out in 5th gear right? A stock C6 Z06 can take 1st gear to 60mph, how is that a close ratio???

If you want to talk about narrow powerband look at Supras...

Last edited by monaroCountry; 11-28-2007 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks View Post
    This is some kind of joke right?
    Narrow powerband? Where do you buy your drugs from?
    Take a look:
    Bottom line is a stock 2007 base C6, top is the same C6 with a supercharger:
    SCLS2122
    This is on pump gas with not much boost...
    Narrow gears? You do realize that the Corvette (and most other t56 equipped cars) top out in 5th gear right? A stock C6 Z06 can take 1st gear to 60mph, how is that a close ratio???

If you want to talk about narrow powerband look at Supras...
    All i see there is a 6k redline, and by the way that is the twin turbo lingenfelter which is not supercharged. I fell for that trick too!

and it is close geared too, thats why corvetteres top out at about 150
    Last edited by kigango123; 11-28-2007 at 08:17 PM.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

and it is close geared too, thats why corvetters top out at about 150
    Not that I want to engage in an internet "Corvettes suck! No they don't!" fight but...

Corvette's haven't tapped out that low since the late 80s. The current base car tops out somewhere north of 180mph. If you ever drive a Corvette you would likely find it a bit odd. The motor has so much power that you seem to loose track of what gear your in. 2nd, 3rd, 4th, they all seem to blur together as the car has just so much power.

Anyway, I would strongly suggest driving one before reaching any conclusions about how the car does or does not drive.

Thread Information