Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite song/favorite car?

Favorite song/favorite car?

I've noticed that my favorite songs to listen to while driving balls-out vary from car to car. What are yours, and please cite your sources; youtube has just about every song concievable on it these days, so there should be no problem.

So let's find out a little more about each other's tastes...

Sometimes there's two or three vying for the Best Song spot for a car, other times, it's very clear. Here have been mine, from the cars that I've had near-carnal post-midnight backroad knowledge of:

1981 Mercedes 380SL:
    YouTube - Wolfsheim - The Sparrows and the Nightingales (before you knock it, try it first...)

YouTube - radiohead idioteque

YouTube - Echo & The Bunnymen - The Killing Moon [Music Video]

2004 Subaru WRX STi:
    YouTube - Acid Bath 09 Paegan Love Song LIVE

(Acid Bath's Paegan (sic) Love Song) YouTube - Madden 08

YouTube - Madden 08

1999 Mercedes 500SL:

YouTube - risingson
    I'm erudite ;-)

Topolino Amaranto/ Paolo Conte....no idea whether that is on you tube or not, it is about the first version of the Fiat 500, the one BEFORE the one that has now been replicated...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

'Tis on "you tube", Henk, you unimaginably highbrow mo'fo':
    YouTube - Paolo Conte - La Topolino Amaranto (1975)

Maybe you can slip on your Gucci loafers and tie a few live ermine around your neck and translate it for us?

Cheers, brother.
    I'm erudite ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail View Post
    'Tis on "you tube", Henk, you unimaginably highbrow mo'fo':
    YouTube - Paolo Conte - La Topolino Amaranto (1975)

Maybe you can slip on your Gucci loafers and tie a few live ermine around your neck and translate it for us?

Cheers, brother.
    Nice find, I got the lyrtics somewhere, but Conte is very difficult to translate, even if you are fluent in Italian....(which I am not)

PS: while you are at it, please do not forget to click on Diavolo Rosso...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

agreed! Not often i share this music taste^^ Ive got a whole bunch of cds in the car with just random soundtrack songs (killing moon is on donnie darko, "the church-under the milky way tonight" is good too) and other electronica that just goes so well with driving.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    agreed! Not often i share this music taste^^ Ive got a whole bunch of cds in the car with just random soundtrack songs (killing moon is on donnie darko, "the church-under the milky way tonight" is good too) and other electronica that just goes so well with driving.
    Yeah, a lot of people counted Radiohead out once they released Kid A and went all electronic, but not me.

Sure, Kid A wasn't as good as, say, Pablo Honey, but it had some tracks that stood on their own, Idiotheque being one of them.

As for the Echo and the Bunnymen, well, maybe it's the kind of thing you can only understand if you've lived with an 80s car for a few years.

And for everybody who thinks a 380SL is softcore, drive one. Those 107 chassis SLs manage the rare trick of being both extremely stable and very responsive. I drove mine for six years, clocking up 60,000 miles in my formative driving years.

Youthful exuberance outweighed my skill at the wheel several times, but that big Merc 2-seater never once spat me off the road. It's the kind of car that, once you've learned it, you can really Lean on it, knowing that it'll forgive your clumbsiness.

And that's not to say that it's an understeering lump, it takes a good deal of provocation, but if you're willing to take the car by the scruff of the neck, you can get it to steer with the rear tires under braking, and it's got absolutely ludicrous amounts of steering lock, so things have to go very badly wrong indeed to spin it. I found myself sideways in the road at the end of two long trails of rubber a few times, but, like I said, I never left the road.

I can't speak highly enough for those old SLs. I prefer it to my wife's SL500, and if I had to choose, I'd take it over my STi.
    I'm erudite ;-)

YouTube - Ozone - Dragostea Din Tei

Dragostea Din tei- O-zone (the video clip is really really bad rember you where warned) Also I have a remixed dance version as well wich suits driving on the edge better.

Blast the speakers- Warp Brothers

YouTube - Warp Brothers - Blast The Speakers

Sweet Child O' mine- Guns and roses

Just suits anything :P

YouTube - Sweet Child O' Mine Music Video

Same with Alive-pearl jam

YouTube - Pearl Jam-Alive

All in my subaru liberty (legacy) Only car ive ever owned thats had a cd player :P
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

If I'm really pushing it there are three that come to mind:

1) "Turbo Lover" by Judas Priest/Porsche Turbo. Being in a Porsche Turbo when this song comes on makes you want to do very bad things.

2) "Fuel" by Metallica/BMW M6. This song just makes you want to drive fast.

3) "Live and Let Die" by Wings/ any fast car with a stick shift. When Paul sings 'say live and let die' and the guitar comes in, if you down shift at that very moment I swear you accelerate faster.

Beyond that for me its a lot of 80s music and New Wave while driving my M6 to work.
    Last edited by NicFromLA; 12-12-2007 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Misunderstood the question

My own car I play the CD from the epic Lange, Better late than never, all the time. Either that or some other kind of trance.

Whilst working and spending massive time in the company's car, I like to listen to either Fresh FM or Arrow Classic Rock radio stations. Unfortunately we have to do with a old rackety radio.

Well, seeing as I predominantly drove my Dodge SX 2.0, the songs I'd listen to most in it were:

Underworld - Cowgirl

Interpol - Slow Hands

Wu-Tang - C.R.E.A.M.

Kasabian - Reason is Treason

I like to mix it up.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

I've gotten both my speeding tickets to this song: YouTube - Chevelle-The Red

You should hear the bass hit with my Type E's... <3

Other stuff commonly heard in der Wagen:

YouTube - Rise Against - Prayer Of The Refugee

YouTube - weezer - perfect situation

YouTube - Godsmack - Speak
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

RAGE: Bulls on parade
    Chemical Bro's: Block Rocking Beat
    Rakim: Vietnow
    Disturbed: the sickness
    David Bowie: Dance
    many more but cant remember

SEN radio 1116
    RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

i find kasabian to be good for high rate, back road, driving. unfortunatly thats about the only time i like listening to them.

however, i do have a bunch of bands i prefer listening to while driving. fall out boy, taking back sunday, and 30 seconds to mars are my current fav's. then a local band from NC that i have listened to since college called evoka. classic bush is also choice.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

As M. Schumacher once said..."we have the total package"...song, scenery and car!

YouTube - Abertura do Golpe a Italiana

My favorite song for tearing up some back-country roads, as few as there are around here have gotta be:

- Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd (as cliche as it sounds)
    - Life in the Fast Lane by the Eagles

When I was driving my friends dad's new fully loaded Nissan Maxima a couple weeks ago by Hunter Mountain in New York, I could have sworn I was Formula 1 material when I was cutting up those mountain roads to the freebird solo.

Thread Information