Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Repair problems

Repair problems

I happen to own a toyota tercel and i wanted to replace the transmission beacuse the old one had no reverse and could not shift into third gear

BTW, I was tired of always Pushing the car out of parking or hunting for slopy areas to park in so that i don't have to push the car backward or parking backwards (Which meant pushing the car backwards into the parking space in the morning) so that i get out of my parking space faster in the evening.

The guy at the junk yard asked me and my dad 200$ for a new tranny and 400 bucks just to install it, we paid the 200 and told him to get lost. We were able to remove the Old one and we have now run into problems

1. No transmission stand, We have to use jacks and improvised levers to try and place the transmission into place and it is not going so well.

2. I am tired and it is so cold these days that my nipples started lactating every time we go out to fix the car, We have lost some bolts and the new torque conveter is rusted out- i do not know if that will hurt, plus the small shifting lever that sticks out of the transmission
    (New transmission!) was bent in a previous accident.

Please advice
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kigango123; 12-13-2007 at 12:05 PM.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

This may be off topic but why on earth did you poop on the floor next to the toilet?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    This may be off topic but why on earth did you poop on the floor next to the toilet?
    Not "poop", they are used toilet paper roll, You know the little brown things that T.P. is rolled onto. And besides that is a new house that we have so it wouldn't really matter since nobody is living there at the moment

And how dare you accuse me of such lude behavior , .. . . . ..
    Last edited by kigango123; 12-13-2007 at 12:02 PM.

Some advice:

1) Come prepared ! Make sure you have the right equipment and have all the neccesary information in your head. If you don't know it, read it in a technical manual (Haines or similar) before the actual work.

2) Get the right stuff and label the old parts. Dont tro away anything before you are finished. If you lose something, it's much easier to find it again. It saves a lot of time and money.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Some advice:

1) Come prepared ! Make sure you have the right equipment and have all the neccesary information in your head. If you don't know it, read it in a technical manual (Haines or similar) before the actual work.

2) Get the right stuff and label the old parts. Dont tro away anything before you are finished. If you lose something, it's much easier to find it again. It saves a lot of time and money.
    Well, I tried my best but i still could not get a transmission jack, All i have to use now is that lever thing in the first picture, However it is only hinged to one side of the transmission and it is kinda hard to coordinate lifting the tranny with just that and a jack

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...sion-stand.jpg

The other important question is that i straightened out the shifting mechanism with a hammer and i was wondering if that will affect anything internal
    Last edited by kigango123; 12-13-2007 at 01:13 PM.

.....Um, buy a new car. The problem with transmissions is if even the slightest thing is installed wrong or damaged you run the risk of really screwing up your car. It might be time to put the ol' girl to pasture.

Sorry, I can't really help you, but I can still give you a suggestion: buy a new car. It's a Tercel, enough said. It's dented too.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Ghetto Rigged!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

You are stupid and people like you piss me off. People try doing stuff that is WAY WAY out of thier league in skill, then bring it to us to fix thier ****ups. Then it ends up costing them double of what they thought it would, and they bitch at us. Wish you just gave him the 400 bucks now, you ****ing nickledick. Try learning how to change the oil first before you attempt a tranny change.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

you paid 200 for that tranny? LOLZERZ!

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123 View Post

The guy at the junk yard asked me and my dad 200$ for a new tranny and 400 bucks just to install it, we paid the 200 and told him to get lost. We were able to remove the Old one and we have now run into problems

1. No transmission stand, We have to use jacks and improvised levers to try and place the transmission into place and it is not going so well.
    Hick engineering, there.

Anyway... you ain't gonna get it in using improvised levers/jacks.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    You are stupid and people like you piss me off. People try doing stuff that is WAY WAY out of thier league in skill, then bring it to us to fix thier ****ups. Then it ends up costing them double of what they thought it would, and they bitch at us. Wish you just gave him the 400 bucks now, you ****ing nickledick. Try learning how to change the oil first before you attempt a tranny change.
    Its obvious i am getting alot of help from the forum, With all the random douches popping in to give their criticism of my awesome engineering.

Besides the Douche news, I have made some progress, My sisters Christmas present this year was a swing set which is to be set up in the back yard, I will appropriate the chains and hinge my transmission on this and then pull it up in place

i have also found tercelonline.com which has some swap outlines
    Last edited by kigango123; 12-14-2007 at 01:48 PM.

Oh wow, what a ghetto setup. Do you steal bikes in your free time?

Seriously now, why don't you just spare yourself the trouble and get it fixed professionally?
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Its obvious i am getting alot of help from the forum, With all the random douches popping in to give their criticism of my awesome engineering.
    If it's so awesome, why isn't it already installed?

Kigango, it's not that easy to swap in a transmission. My father, for example, spent 1-2 weeks non-stop installing a donor 22R engine into his truck. And did it at a repair shop owned by another relative, so parts weren't a problem. What makes you think chains/sticks would do the job?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Besides the Douche news, I have made some progress, My sisters Christmas present this year was a swing set which is to be set up in the back yard, I will appropriate the chains and hinge my transmission on this and then pull it up in place

i have also found tercelonline.com which has some swap outlines
    I'm a douche because I actually know how to work on a car?
    Here's a tip:
    Step 1) Go trade in some squirrel pelts for some money, or whatever you use to barter in redneck land.
    Step 2)Take a trip down to the big city to a sears.
    Step 3) Buy this: Craftsman 2-1/4 ton Floor Jack with 2-1/4 ton Jack Stands - Model 50138 at Sears.com
    Step 4) Jack car up with jack, put the stands under.
    Step 5) Jack transmission up with jack.
    Done.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Thread Information