Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repair problems

Dude... this thread could be the next "I put sand in my 1.8T" thread.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but have you ever thought that doing this to the car could actually be dangerous?

By the looks of it, it's barely even stable. Ever think about the car falling on you while you're working under it?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but have you ever thought that doing this to the car could actually be dangerous?

By the looks of it, it's barely even stable. Ever think about the car falling on you while you're working under it?
    Apparently not, hence why I suggested buying a jack w/ jack stands. But maybe he will get a darwin award for his amazing engineering when it crushes him.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Kigango123,
    I am not a mechanic nor an engineer so I cannot offer you any technical insights, but I do have a jar full of common sense if you'd like a taste.

In hindsight $400 probably doesn't sound too bad, IMO thats a very reasonable figure. You could have at least tried to talk him down (I'm a poor college student & have no money works wonders.) I hope you take Johnny's advice on the jack + stands. $29.99 is a bargain especially when your life is at stake. A broken swingset & maimed/dead big brother is not how you want your little sister to remember Christmas 07.

In my small insignificant mechanical feats I've learned 80% is having the correct tool, 10% common sense & 10% experience/instruction. In a way I want to give you props for even attempting the swap, but your haphazard approach over shadows your zest. When you're underneath the Tercel and you hear the sound of wood splintering just remember we have all been that close to death, we were just to drunk to know. Assuming your sober you should have more sense. Once again your logic seems flawed.

If you turn your lever (2X4) 90 degrees so that the 2 inch sides face the ground & sky it will have at least 2X the strength.

Is the wheel barrow a load bearing structure?

Why include the pic of the toilet?

I hope you succeed and prove everyone wrong , but if you stop posting I will fear the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    Kigango123,
    I am not a mechanic nor an engineer so I cannot offer you any technical insights, but I do have a jar full of common sense if you'd like a taste.

In hindsight $400 probably doesn't sound too bad, IMO thats a very reasonable figure. You could have at least tried to talk him down (I'm a poor college student & have no money works wonders.) I hope you take Johnny's advice on the jack + stands. $29.99 is a bargain especially when your life is at stake. A broken swingset & maimed/dead big brother is not how you want your little sister to remember Christmas 07.

In my small insignificant mechanical feats I've learned 80% is having the correct tool, 10% common sense & 10% experience/instruction. In a way I want to give you props for even attempting the swap, but your haphazard approach over shadows your zest. When you're underneath the Tercel and you hear the sound of wood splintering just remember we have all been that close to death, we were just to drunk to know. Assuming your sober you should have more sense. Once again your logic seems flawed.

If you turn your lever (2X4) 90 degrees so that the 2 inch sides face the ground & sky it will have at least 2X the strength.

Is the wheel barrow a load bearing structure?

Why include the pic of the toilet?

I hope you succeed and prove everyone wrong , but if you stop posting I will fear the worst.
    I already tried turning it to the two inch side but due to the long durations of support needed to hoist the tranny, and position where the metal strip that holds the tranny is hinged on the 2 X 4, the wood usually flips on me and drops the tranny(Not dropping it on the floor but dropping it a few inches) on the most crucial moments. It did that once when i was under and scared the Jesus out of me, if you are worried about the wood cracking, I do not think The tranny weighs that much.

Anyways It is almost in, I will post pic updates soon.

P.S: The car is pretty stable, I'm holding it up with some old rims from the yard, so no need to worry about if it falls
    Last edited by kigango123; 12-15-2007 at 03:00 PM.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

I'm in a state of complete and utter disbelief. Why do you think that fitting a transmission this way is a good idea? The last time I heard about something like this, a 14-year old kid ended-up paraplegic as a result.

House of Lords - Jolley (A.P.) v. Sutton London Borough Council

My Lords,

On 8 April 1990, in the grounds of a block of council flats owned and occupied by the London Borough of Sutton, Justin Jolley, then a schoolboy aged 14, sustained serious spinal injuries in an accident. It arose when a small abandoned cabin cruiser, which had been left lying in the grounds of the block of flats, fell on Justin as he lay underneath it while attempting to repair and paint it. As a result he is now a paraplegic.
    We had to study this in Law - him and another kid used the wrong type of jack on the boat, with tragic results.

Thread Information