Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bailey Blade Prototype 2009-

looks pretty good except for awful front/side view

Hello Everyone,

I was doing a search on my car in Google and I noticed you guys talking about it here. I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for all the great comments. The project is going smoothly so far and I’m still on schedule to have the first running prototype by the end of the year. It’s been getting a lot of media attention which is great, but overwhelming at the same time. I will post more images on the website this month of the body and hopefully some interior layouts with some nice race style seats.

Hey maybe you guys can help with something… The only area of the car that has not been shaped yet is the backend where the Tail Lights go. I am having a difficult time finding some nice round LED style tail lights that have a modern look. I would like to use something that is already available on a current car or something aftermarket. This is why I left the back unfinished so that I can shape it around what ever tail light setup I decide to use. I looked at using the Chevy Cobalt lights but they are not round even though they look like they are. The new Ultima GTR’s have nice LED tail lights, now if I can only find out where they get them.

Anyway… maybe you guys have some ideas… I have tried and bought several lights so far with no luck.

Thanks,
    - Neal
    - Blade Website
    Last edited by BladeX1; 02-15-2008 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BladeX1 View Post
    The only area of the car that has not been shaped yet is the backend where the Tail Lights go. I am having a difficult time finding some nice round LED style tail lights that have a modern look.
    i was about to post that the only part i don't like is the rear view because it seems like it misses something. now i know what. i'm not sure about a round light, maybe it wouldn't fit properly with the rest of the design. can i suggest you to look at the led tail light of the Lancia Thesis, or of the discontinued Maserati 3200 GT? i think they could work. as regard the light of the Ultima GTR, i guess you could ask to the folks of Ultima, from their official video of the 0-100-0 record they seems to be very easygoing people.
    good luck with your car, i really like it, more as a roadster than as a coupe.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Round Tailights In my Opinion do not suit the car. It's an Old-school touch on something that is obviously trying to be a little more nouveau.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

you can try the ones on the Farboud GTS if you can manage to find them
    or the ones from the MG Xpower
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Baby got back.

Adam like.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

2008 Bailey Blade Revised Design

Update

(from Bailey Speed) Blinded by the lights...

Over the past month, a lot of things have happened with the Blade. The Blade project is still going full force and now that the weather is warming up, it is picking up speed. During the past two weeks, I have been dealing with a variety of regulations for the headlights, specifically how high they were off the ground. When I first designed the car, I used a lot of information from Europe’s specialty car documents and a limited amount of info from the US. In the United States, it is harder to find the right information because every state has its own regulations for specialty cars. I designed the car according to the information I could find regarding headlight heights. While the car met European standards, it did not fully meet US standards and this forced me to redesign the front end and raise the headlights about 2" inches higher.

I took the opportunity to make some styling changes based on various comments and suggestions I received as a result of our recent publicity. While the first design was unique and aggressive, I could see ways I could improve it. I addressed this with the new design. The goal was to make the front end flow better with the rest of the car and keep the unique styling and aggressive looks. Feel free to let me know what you think.

As I mentioned above, progress is moving forward even with the new changes to the front end. I do not expect the modifications to take long. Luckily, when building the full scale body buck, I made it so that the front end was easily removable, as I had a slight feeling that changes might have to be made.

Tall folk’s can drive small sports cars, if I have anything to do with it...

The head clearance is still looking good. I have yet to add humps to the Hard Top, but once I do, there will be loads of room for us tall people. The amount of leg room is outrageous... I am 6’4" and can fully extend my legs on both passenger and driver sides and still not touch the fire wall.

New Corbeau FX1 seats have been test fitted in the car. These are similar to the type of seats that I imagine the car will come with in the future. I was worried that they may be too wide, but it turns out, that they fit perfect with room to spare. This is good news for folks that will want Recaro, Sparco and Cobra style racing seats. This is the style of seats I intended for the car from its conception.

Body Works...

Once the front end is back together, work on the final body shape will begin. I expect this will take a good amount of time to complete, as there will be what will seem like an endless amount of sanding and surfacing to do. But once done, it will be off to the mold makers to have molds made.

New Suspension and Chassis Design:

New development on the chassis and suspension is currently in the works by Eric Rodela. Eric is my partner in crime on this build and has an engineering background in hi tech mechanics and robotics. We are developing a new Independent Front and Rear suspension system for that chassis that will help make adjustments easy for both street driving and racing. The idea is not to over complicate the suspension and use standardized parts, but in such away to allow adjustments without having to purchase more parts or add and remove components. We should have some images of this on the next newsletter.
    Image Credits: Bailey Blade
    2008 Bailey Blade Revised Design #1
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

-Carrol Shelby

-Carrol Shelby

The revised one...it is hot, I like it more this way. Reminds me now of the previously said things, but more Viper now than a Mustang. Still has Shelby Cobra "hips", which is not a bad thing at all
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

I fell in love with the menecing look of the old one. Now IMO it looks like an ordinary car.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Ouch, the front looks even better now.
    Those lines are classic and futuristic at the same time.

I'm in love

I like it too, Its awesome.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I like it too especially the hardtop.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I love the revised front. It looks classic and modern from the sides with or without the side exausts.
    -Carrol Shelby

Thread Information