Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bailey Blade Prototype 2009-

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    ^ what about Australia? or will distribution there depend on private imports?
    Yes absolutely… I am not sure how we will get it there as it just too early for all that. But we are talking with a few import/export companies that have an interest in deliver our car to Dubai, Romania and Egypt. It’s kind of crazy really… I never expected all the attention and media on this, it’s still shocking every morning when I check my email and find so many people interested in this project.

It’s just plain crazy and exciting at the same time!...

Thanks,
    - Neal
    - BaileyBlade Website

Two updates

Fast Ventures selected as strategic advisor to BXR Motors, Inc.

Dallas-Forth Worth, Miami – January 05, 2009. Fast Ventures announced today that it has been selected as exclusive strategic advisor to Dallas-Fort Worth-based BXR Motors Inc., which is home to the widely anticipated Bailey Blade Roadster.

The company’s founder, Neal Bailey, initially achieved semi-celebrity status through his commitment to build the high-performance car based on a shoestring budget in his garage.

Today, Neal Bailey’s vision has grown way beyond an ambitious idea and led to the development of a curvaceous super car that will be available with a zero-emission electric powertrain, or a traditional 750 horsepower, 5.4L V8 combustion engine. Neal has also teamed up with his friend and business partner Eric Rodela to further his vision and make the Bailey Roadster a reality. The company’s website regularly receives more than 250,000 hits every month and has been featured in more than 80 periodicals, blogs, and articles from around the world. While BXR Motors, Inc. has yet to set a definite sales price for the Bailey Blade Roadster, they expect to be able to accept orders as of October of 2009.

“It’s funny, but when Eric and I received the first inquiries from people who wanted to know when the car becomes available and how much of a deposit we require to reserve a car, we knew that we needed the help of a seasoned strategic advisor to reach the full potential of our project,” said Neal Bailey. “By teaming up with Fast Ventures’ technology group we feel that we are not only in very capable hands, but also work with people who share our vision, enthusiasm, and commitment to the future success of our company,” he continued.

“Neal’s and Eric’s commitment to BXR Motors, Inc. is a text-book case that proves that the entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude is still going strong in America,” said Mark Alexander, Director of Fast Ventures’ technology group. “In times when American automakers whine over declining sales and line up in Washington, D.C. to apply for government handouts, these two entrepreneurs prove that timeless design, high-performance, and alternative fuel technologies do no longer reflect a far-fetched futuristic vision, but rather a prerequisite for building a successful car company,” he added.

Fast Ventures will assist BXR Motors, Inc. with its strategic business development, including the exploration of a viable capital market strategy to fund the completion of the Bailey Roadster prototype and subsequent production of up to 50 cars.

About BXR Motors, Inc.
    BXR Motors, Inc. was founded by Neal Bailey and Eric Rodela. Although Neal initially conceived the idea for the Bailey Blade Roadster in 2007, the two have only recently decided to turn their vision for a next-generation high-performance car from a hobby into a business. As of January 2009, BXR Motors, Inc. plans offering the Bailey Blade Roadster with a 100% electric powertrain, powered by leading-edge lithium phosphate battery technology and a fuel efficient 750 horsepower 5.4L V8 combustion engine. While the company has yet to set a definite sales price for the car, they anticipate being able to accept reservations as of October of 2009. For more information, please visit Bailey Blade Sports Car | Supercar Roadster Sportscar | Blade Electric Sports Car | BXR Motors.

About Fast Ventures
    Fast Ventures is a leading boutique consultancy advising talented entrepreneurs and emerging growth companies on strategic business development, corporate finance, and marketing & sales related issues. The firm has offices in London, Budapest, and Miami and recently announced plans to launch its own venture capital fund in 2009. For more information, please visit Fast Ventures - Welcome
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Second update.

We are introducing two new concepts based on the current Blade design. Although we are two simple guys building a fast sports car does not mean we are oblivious to our economy and environment. Therefore we are introducing two new concepts, the Blade EVR and HDR. Also we named the current Blade to the Blade XTR. These two new concepts are something that we have wanted to do from the beginning but due to lack of funds and resources we simply focused on the standard internal combustion engine version. Now we with the current economy we are seeing new technology everyday that makes it possible and even affordable to venture into the world of Green Technology.

Don't think for a minute that we are leaving the world of Gas Guzzling hi horsepower super cars. Oh no... The first prototype will still have the 750 horse power engine. We simply realize that we need to also look into alternatives for clean energy vehicles. There is no reason why going green can't be fast and powerful too.

Here are the new models:

Model 1: Blade XTR

750HP 5.4L V8 ROUSH Supercharged Engine w/ 6 Speed Transmission
    Simple, Powerful and Fast...

Model 2: Blade EVR - Hybrid

Front and Rearl Hi-Torque Electric Motors - 300x2 Foot Pounds of Torque each
    4 Wheel Drive system providing 600 foot pounds of toque from 0 RPMs to 3000RPMs. (Big Block Performance but all Electric)
    Powered by Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries (LiFePO4 - cells), Light Weight, Long lasting, Inexpensive to replace and will not explode or over heat.
    Gas powered 100HP light weight 30kw Generator.

Model 3: Blade HDR

600HP 5.4L V8 ROUSH Supercharged w/ 6 Speed Transmission
    Hydrogen on demand injection system.
    20% Projected fuel savings by injecting hydrogen with standards fuels
    Cleaner burn, higher combustion means cutting emissions down for high horsepower sports cars.
    Our primary goal will be to complete the Blade XTR first while also working on the other two models chassis setup and testing the Electric and Hydrogen systems.

PS. We understand the controversy surrounding the Hydrogen (HHO) systems, but we have seen some promising results for Hydrogen where we can see this playing a role in green cars.

Please keep in mind that as well dive into all these various technologies, we may change the current configurations for both the EVR and HDR prototypes depending on new ideas or newly developed resources.

The Blade XTR will remain the same… its rather simple. More Engine, More Gas More Power!!!...
    -Carrol Shelby

Why start designing two new drive platforms when it seems the origional engine and test vehicle have yet to be complete? Am I alone in thinking Neil might be biting off more than he can chew?
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    Why start designing two new drive platforms when it seems the origional engine and test vehicle have yet to be complete? Am I alone in thinking Neil might be biting off more than he can chew?
    don't know, the two petrol engines aren't really different, and probably an electric drivetrain is mandatory if you want to receive some attention this days.

EDIT:O too bad he removed the possibility to browse and download all the images and renderings of the car
    Last edited by LeonOfTheDead; 02-28-2009 at 07:45 AM.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Just out of curiosity, with side windows that tall, will they be able to roll all the way down? And if they will, won't they then start flapping bit if they're rolled up and the door is open? Doesn't seem like there's enough room in the door to correctly support the windows.

Oh, and Model 1 is going to have the GT500 plant with the Roush 2.3 TVS?
    Turning money into memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    Just out of curiosity, with side windows that tall, will they be able to roll all the way down? And if they will, won't they then start flapping bit if they're rolled up and the door is open? Doesn't seem like there's enough room in the door to correctly support the windows.

since the beginning Neil said he wanted to build a car capable of fitting a man 6.2 or so tall, like him, that's why the windows are oddly tall.

I'm aware of that, that wasn't my point. I was asking how they would be supported. Now I'm far from an automotive engineer, but to me the doors don't seem like they have enough room to support windows that size.
    Turning money into memories.

I'm aware of that, that wasn't my point. I was asking how they would be supported. Now I'm far from an automotive engineer, but to me the doors don't seem like they have enough room to support windows that size.
    yeah, I saw your point. I think there is a small margin, about a couple of inches or a bit more, so the window could both fit in the door but also being a little taller than the exposed part so to be kept vertical without flapping when the door is open or the window is half out of the door.
    just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    Hey Sledgehamer,

Thanks for keeping up with us… Wow there has been a lot going on with the Blade Project, almost too much to cover.

First to answer your question… Yeah it’s a lot to take on multiple projects but not all that difficult. Mainly because during the initial design of this project we have always wanted to try alternative drive systems, whether it be electric, hydrogen or some type of hybrid. We have built the chassis to accommodate most of these systems without too many changes or modification to the main chassis design. It only made sense to announce these two versions during all the economical fall out to see what the response would be and to test whether or not it would be accepted by people.

So far the response has been great and overwhelming; the only system that has received any raised eyebrows is the hydrogen injection… it’s a bit controversial but it really does have a place in the automotive world if it can be standardized somewhat.

At any rate our main focus is the XTR version first as it will be the main test mule for everything.

As for additional news… we have a lot going on that’s for sure, we ended up scraping the original design and began on what we call Blade 2.0. We had to go back and redesign few more things on the back end and some on the front. We are pretty close to have the body buck complete and the first chassis completed as well. The Chassis has taken a lot of time to work out, as it requires the most engineering and is the heart and soul of the cars performance. We are expecting to have the first prototype ready for showing in October this year, 2009.

Also we are working on various big funding opportunities as this will be a critical part to ensuring the success of this car. We still have a lot of Hype and excitement surrounding the car and we will get it built, but if we had some investment funds or grants we would be able to speed things up tremendously. So far everything is funded by me and my partner.
    Here pretty soon we are going to revamp the website since we changed name and became incorporated. And we will send out regular emails and newsletters. It’s just been too busy to try to update everyone and every time I try, something changes... LOL.

- Neal

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    don't know, the two petrol engines aren't really different, and probably an electric drivetrain is mandatory if you want to receive some attention this days.

EDIT:O too bad he removed the possibility to browse and download all the images and renderings of the car
    Yeah your right… not too much, the EV version is the only one that requires a few changes to the chassis.

PS. Yeah we had to remove all the images, because all the various websites and media outlets were using them to represent the car instead of contacting us for the latest images. It was confusing people a lot… because the galley had images of the first design… like in the thread. We plan to add more images soon.

- Neal

Hmmm the windows do not seem that tall to me… maybe it’s just the rendering of the images. If you saw it in real life its looks vary proportionate. As for the answer to your question, yes the windows fit fine and sit about an inch from the bottom of the inside door. And when rolled up they are supported by about 6 inches of extra glass still inside of the door along with the quarter window which has a track for the glass.

With that said if we get funding then we will probably change the doors to not use the quarter window at all.

- Neal

Just to get an idea what it would look like in real life… here are a few test renderings of the Blade XTR.

Early Video of Blade 2.0 body buck build.

StreetFire.net - Home

- Neal
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks a lot Neil, it's very if you success keeping people and websites updated with your improvements!
    the rear looks very good, even better now, maybe the front is became a little bit too aggressive and tall, it looks mean nonetheless. I like it.
    good idea to show the car in a different color and in some realistic shots.
    did you come after those problems with the technical partner which gave you the space for starting working on the car out of your garage?

I really like the new rear. The only thing that I dont like aesthetic whise is the intercooler/radiator on the front end. Mabey I just got used to the idea that on the front their was just two large black holes instead of something within. My reason is that the exterior looks to much like a simple shell or KIT car with apart of the engine showing at its location. Any thoughts of using the inlets to tube back a ram air intake?

Also, which tailights did you end up going with?
    -Carrol Shelby

Thread Information