Thread: New Skoda Superb

New Skoda Superb

So, here we have the official pics of the new Superb. The car will debut in March in Geneva. It's based on VW Passat, just like the first generation. It's 35 mm longer (4838 mm) and 18 mm wider (1738 mm), but also 8 mm lower (1461 mm) and the wheelbase is 42 mm shorter (2761 mm). Six VW engines will be available for this model: 3 gasoline and 3 diesels, output ranging from 105 to 260 hp. VW's dual-clutch automatic transmission will also be available. The car will hit the market in the second half of the year and will be built in Skoda's plant in Kvasiny.

My opinion is that the front looks too much like Fabia and the rear like previous Laguna. The rest is simply Passat with a strange C-pillar profile.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

almost every family car these days is a cross-breed of ideas from other cars. This car will go down a storm in europe. It may not necessarily be the best looking or best car in its class but you'll probably see alot of them in france and italy. Itll sell for cheaper than its rivals. If you remember the peugeot 607. Low-seller. Non-looker. Not a great luxury car. But almost every one bought in france was a taxi. These cars do have a purpose

I wonder if it will still have an umbrella in the rear door . I think like the old car, with smaller engines, where its a bargain will sell well. It will all be 1.9tdi's
    autozine.org

Oh, I'm sure it will sell good. Just like the 1st generation. A good car for a competitive price. It's just that I'd like to see some fresh ideas, not just putting together pieces of other cars.

Oh, and 607 was for me a great-looker Though a low-seller, i must admit

I like it. At least, it looks great for its segment - I guess it would still be more cheap than Passat? And it really resembles Renault - the lines do, though I can't find any particular piece of a car to be a reminder of Renault.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    And it really resembles Renault - the lines do, though I can't find any particular piece of a car to be a reminder of Renault.
    The rear lights maybe? Also a bit Peugeot-esque
    Last edited by go.pawel; 01-10-2008 at 09:09 AM.

The point of the old one was having massive rear leg room.

As long as they haven't messed with that this one will be fine.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

The government here in New Zealand are buying these up as govt cars. I quite like them myself. Honest enough sorta automobile.

I though the NZ government had decided on the BMW 735d as a replacement for the old LTD/Statesman? There was plenty of controversy about the decision just before Christmas while I was in NZ.
    Or are they now getting the Skoda as well?
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Somehow I prefer the previous.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

I never really worked out whether the out-going Supurb was an Audi A4 or A6 rival, but I did think it looked great in the right colour and the right wheels and was especially surprised to find they started at £14,000! A friends Dad has an grey 05 Supurb Elegance 1.9TDI with every option, I thought it really looked the business, especially under streetlamps, xenons ablaze. This new one however, doesn't stir any emotions with me, it looks horrible, a bad combintation of the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5 and Renault Laguna.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information