Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no more GT3RS?

no more GT3RS?

i've been told and have read that 997 GT3RS production stopped in december - didn't porsche say they were going to continue to make them as long as they can sell them? not only that, i also read that the standard GT3 has also stopped production once the existing shipment(s) are sold off
    can anyone confirm or clarify this, and make sense of it? is there a facelifted model coming out or something?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Well wasn't the RS supposed to be an homologation model? Maybe they've built enough cars to homologate it or something.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

seeing how well it's sold i'd be surprised they gave in making it
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    seeing how well it's sold i'd be surprised they gave in making it
    Imagine how much will it cost twenty years later I mean, compared to if they made ten times more of them.

Living in LA I see dozens of 911s every day, including Turbos. But I've only see MAYBE half a dozen GT3s and no GT3RSs. Twice I've told the owners of the GT3s, "You. Are a REAL man. And any man who owns a Porsche with tiptronic should be ashamed in your presence."

from Porsche GB:
    "we have deposits on the remaining cars destined for the UK market and official porsche centres are no longer taking orders"
    Porsche GB also thought this applies to both GT3RS and the standard GT3

a sales rep also said the GT3 has been sold out until production ends in december.
    it just seems a really wierd move, sort of understandable for the RS, but for the base GT3?

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Imagine how much will it cost twenty years later I mean, compared to if they made ten times more of them.
    exclusivity is good and all but is it really worth turning away customers?
    Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Living in LA I see dozens of 911s every day, including Turbos. But I've only see MAYBE half a dozen GT3s and no GT3RSs. Twice I've told the owners of the GT3s, "You. Are a REAL man. And any man who owns a Porsche with tiptronic should be ashamed in your presence."
    GT3's are rather common i thought, a solid selling car for porsche here anyway. yet there's only 1 GT3RS in the club! the dealership gave back 5 deposits, as that is the only one they had
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Yep, the RS is out of production. I thought Porsche made that clear when they announced the car.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    ...And any man who owns a Porsche with tiptronic should be ashamed in your presence."
    Hey. It takes a real man to let his wife handle his Porsche.

j/k
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master View Post
    Yep, the RS is out of production. I thought Porsche made that clear when they announced the car.
    not exactly, and did they do the same for the standard GT3? 'produce as much as we can sell' was the exact terms they used, i thought...

Talking about GT3's, I saw on the other day. It was a quick sighting, but I realized it when there was the rubber lip between the two front headlights.

I also saw the massive rear wing.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get a picture of it. I was passing in a car. I even had my camera with me that day.

GT3, you shall be missed. I hope I will get to own a 997 GT3 in the future.

ok i got it confirmed - GT3 is gave in, because this year 997 will be given face lifting, after which new version of GT3 should logically come...
    12 cylinders or walk!

ok i got it confirmed - GT3 is gave in, because this year 997 will be given face lifting, after which new version of GT3 should logically come...
    Whew . . .

phew, thanks for finding that out! how'd you do it? better informed porsche dealers where you are?

maybe series 1 997 GT3's will drop in price a little

99.9% of us will never own one so why does it matter?
    PSN: onikron

Awesome!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    phew, thanks for finding that out! how'd you do it? better informed porsche dealers where you are?

maybe series 1 997 GT3's will drop in price a little
    I'm hoping that I can get one too later on if I get rich.

Quote Originally Posted by broken View Post
    99.9% of us will never own one so why does it matter?
    What difference does that make? 100% of us can't own a Ferrari P4/5. It doesn't make that car any less awesome.

Thread Information