Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A car undetectable for radars

good replies guys

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    My car is inpenatrable to radar, mostly because its so slow that no radar can pick it up!
    hard to say it won't refelect waves... it works like a wall!
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    A double-glazed panel covering the number plate consisting of: A type of plastic/glass that makes photography through it impossible - like the window glass on some Bentley/Rolls-Royce models. On top of that, another type (like the cockpit window glass on stealth aircraft) that maintains stealth properties.
    what about cameras that shoot from behind?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Not to mention that covering the license plates with anything is usually illegal.
    The Citroen SM was legal in the 'States as well as over here. Remember, any stealth properties are pure coincidence!

That is true, it does not need to be aerodynamically unstable. The F-22 Raptor and the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter I think all incorporate some aspects of stealth in it, although I'm not sure if they require computer assistance to keep the plane aloft. Either way, they are not fully stealthy, iirc. The B-2 bomber is also inherently unstable because it has no verticle stabilizers. The B-2 bomber and the F-117 are probably the only true stealth aircraft out there, that we know of, of course.
    Agreed, but you forget one thing: We're talking about a car, not a plane. - Unless jumping this car won't have to fly, a car doesn't need vertical stabilizers, and we want to create downforce, not lift! I'm sure a "stealth" car could be made to be as aerodynamic as a conventional car haha!

And if you haven't noticed, I really like airplanes.
    Me too: Cars, planes, boats, submarines, spacecraft etc. etc.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Then it could be just photographed. And you'd get caught.
    Well... there's a spray that supposedly causes the light to reflect so that it'll come out as a big blurry over-exposed mess.

I say supposedly since I've never tried it, but it sounds plausible.

Anyway... since police radars are basically waves bouncing back and forth, won't a car painted in a very dark shade of black theoretically absorb the waves?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

i showed this to a bunch of engineering students and the electricals LOL'd pretty hard
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Well... there's a spray that supposedly causes the light to reflect so that it'll come out as a big blurry over-exposed mess.

I say supposedly since I've never tried it, but it sounds plausible.

Anyway... since police radars are basically waves bouncing back and forth, won't a car painted in a very dark shade of black theoretically absorb the waves?
    you should watch Mythbusters. they have tried all of these things, and they were unsuccessful with any of them.

there was a car built in the late 80s early 90s, if my memory serves me correctly, that was patterned after the F-117, unfortunately after some searching i have come up empty handed. i am also not sure about its true stealthyness, but i am sure it woudl work better than the average car.
    Last edited by cmcpokey; 01-13-2008 at 03:02 PM.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

since hand held police speed guns are lasers anyway, this would be a waste of time surely? can you even jam a laser beam...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    what about cameras that shoot from behind?
    I wasn't just talking about the front number plate...
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Just buy yourself a beige Camry and no one will ever notice you. Ever.

Don't expect panty dropper status though.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    Just buy yourself a beige Camry and no one will ever notice you. Ever.

Don't expect panty dropper status though.
    Toyota does not sell Camrys in Europe, probably because of the effect you describe in your 2nd sentence...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Toyota does not sell Camrys in Europe, probably because of the effect you describe in your 2nd sentence...
    Or maybe because we don't like sleep inducingly boring cars.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Substitute Avensis for Camry.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Another problem is that speed cameras work on light and radar (like in ships and planes) work on radio waves as tey can travel further. U may stop detection from actual RADAR but not speed cameras (unless travelling too fast or under the speed limit)
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Technologically it is posible to reduce the amount of radar or lazer energy reflected back to the source, but I doubt that it would be finacially feesable. Depending on the car you might have to make a few adjustments to the outside to enhance it's radar cheating abilities.
    The easier way would be to get hold of the compound that they cover the panels of the F-22 and B-2 with. This stuff apparently will reduce the levels to that of the full RAM on the F-117.
    "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
    "Life is short, drive fast!" - Lamborghini
    "How's that for a slice of fried gold?"
    "I'll take the case!" - Harvey Birdman

3 Woot's for two infrared-based movement detectors and a simple computer to calculate the speed!
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Thread Information