Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: TGWpE - The Next Installment

No problem with providing a place to crash if you need it.
    However, unless Chris is already in Sydney and wants to leave his car at my place, then I imagine I'll need to pick him up on the way through.
    Plenty of time for working out those little details though.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

For Three Days Only: Bugatti Veyron At Motor Show

The fastest and most expensive production car ever built - the Bugatti Veyron - will make a special appearance at the 2008 Melbourne Motor Show for three days only.

With a top speed of more than 400 km/h and an estimated Australian price of $2.7 million, the Veyron makes all other supercars look slow and inexpensive by comparison.

The special show car has been brought to the Motor Show in collaboration with the organisers of the Clipsal 500 in Adelaide and Trivett Bespoke Automotive, the Australian importer/dealer for Bugatti.

It will appear at the Motor Show from 5pm to 10pm on Friday, then from 10 am to 10 pm on Saturday and Sunday, 29 February to 2 March.

Veyron's specifications and performance are breathtaking, with a top speed of 407 km/h and 0-100 km/h acceleration in just 2.5 seconds - it can do the 0-200 km/h run in just 7.3 seconds, a good time for a powerful family car to reach half this speed.

Its 16-cylinder, 8-litre engine produces ...

OMFG IM SOOOO CUT IM NOT GOING

srsly annoyed right now.
    The Datto will rage again...

hmmmmm this is slightly disapointing guys, yet again it appears i wont be able to go! my uni is stuffing me around (like trying to cancell my course!) so i need to be at a couple of meetings and classes jus as the phillip island one is on... argh! so angry!

ok, is there any other events you guys are going to do during the year? i would really like to go and talk to some ppl who ACTUALLY know what they are talking about! it gets a bit lonely here for a self confessed car nut... lol
    "No sir you may not eat my hat"

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

Quote Originally Posted by KFA-R View Post
    hmmmmm this is slightly disapointing guys, yet again it appears i wont be able to go! my uni is stuffing me around (like trying to cancell my course!) so i need to be at a couple of meetings and classes jus as the phillip island one is on... argh! so angry!

ok, is there any other events you guys are going to do during the year? i would really like to go and talk to some ppl who ACTUALLY know what they are talking about! it gets a bit lonely here for a self confessed car nut... lol
    I'll most likely be at the motorshow a fair bit, hopefully I can secure a place nearby regardless of the show, but this as a side-effect would mean I could go pretty much any night after school. Basically the weekend where everyone is heading down from interstate is planned out at motorshow/dealers on Friday and PI on sat/sun. Friday and Saturday might be interchangeable. Let us know what your plans are.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra View Post
    OMFG IM SOOOO CUT IM NOT GOING

srsly annoyed right now.
    You should be.

Haets you

I was gonna buy you a lobster and everything.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    My Sister Said Flights to Melbourne were like.....$70 from Canberra.

With prices like that, I can has pickup from airport?
    hey if you are interested... and you get talked into driving... i will share the petrol costs with you down there if i can make it... also give you someone to talk to on the way down... i know you have no idea who the hell i am and all you can mad go on is my word... but Cyco kinda knows me and i wont kill you and take your car... i promise! so basically after all that i come to my car prob wont make it to melbourne in its current state (silly 25 year old car probs, nitty gritty stuff) so if you you goin through Wagga what would rock the universe! i hate to spunge off ppl but yeah... lol there is really no good way to end that sentance so i'll leave it there

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

The biggest issue we have mate is that I'll need to be picked up by the Sydney crew.....and then they'll need to pick you up as well

If we can try and make the drop off/pick up in one fell swoop it could be better. Talk to Brendon <MotorSportNerd> about it.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    The biggest issue we have mate is that I'll need to be picked up by the Sydney crew.....and then they'll need to pick you up as well

If we can try and make the drop off/pick up in one fell swoop it could be better. Talk to Brendon <MotorSportNerd> about it.
    thats cool, i jus saw that you lived in Camberra and yeah... its kinda on the way and it would mean that they would get off your back fro flying instead of driving lol... was bein a little silly at the same time as being kinda serious with that

By the way... so you all know my name is Mal

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

Well g'day mal

The only reason I was considering flying is because of the scheduling it's likely the boys will drive back Monday. which does not suit me because I have university that day. So I'd fly back sunday evening to make sure I could attend my lectures.

yeah yeah fair nuff... i dont have a class unitll the afternoon on mondays (i love my coarse, so cruisey ) so driven back could work for me still

ok so i guess... motorsportnerd, can we arange for a 5ft 10inch 20 year old (hang on... thats bad sounds like a personal column... ewwww lol) to be picked up for the assult on Melbourne

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

Hi. We can certainly pick you up Mal. Either from Wagga, or some pre-arranged meeting point on the Hume (assuming you're willing to leave your car at a McD's or similar for 4 days).
    There are only three of us coming down so far. Cyco, IB4R and myself. Using my car ('03 Fairmont BA). So, there is room for another passenger.
    Plan is to leave Sydney on Thursday morning and travel via Canberra to arrive in Melbourne at Daan's place.
    Slick, I'll have to take a raincheck on the bed now (at least for the first night) now that the plans involve coming down in one car again.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Yep that's ok Thursday was a bad day.. Mum was going away but we got the weeks mixed up and it's this weekend now not our weekend.

Only 3 Ballzz coming on the plane with Clutch this year??.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd View Post
    Hi. We can certainly pick you up Mal. Either from Wagga, or some pre-arranged meeting point on the Hume (assuming you're willing to leave your car at a McD's or similar for 4 days).
    There are only three of us coming down so far. Cyco, IB4R and myself. Using my car ('03 Fairmont BA). So, there is room for another passenger.
    Plan is to leave Sydney on Thursday morning and travel via Canberra to arrive in Melbourne at Daan's place.
    Slick, I'll have to take a raincheck on the bed now (at least for the first night) now that the plans involve coming down in one car again.
    Yeah whatever, i have housemates that i could prob bribe into taking me to a macca's along the Hume... or yeah if you wanna cruise into wagga thats fine hey... whatever easiest for you...

Any idea what time you might be getting close to Wagga or wherever we meet up? thursdays are the days that i spend all day at Uni. in particular there is a 1 oclock class that i cant afford to miss (its a prac teaching class and i go on prac on the 17th of March... so yeah

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

Quote Originally Posted by KFA-R View Post
    Yeah whatever, i have housemates that i could prob bribe into taking me to a macca's along the Hume... or yeah if you wanna cruise into wagga thats fine hey... whatever easiest for you...

Any idea what time you might be getting close to Wagga or wherever we meet up? thursdays are the days that i spend all day at Uni. in particular there is a 1 oclock class that i cant afford to miss (its a prac teaching class and i go on prac on the 17th of March... so yeah

No idea the time yet. We'll have to swap contact details. It is very unlikely we'll reach Wagga before 1pm. More likely about 3 or 4 pm.

Thread Information