Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zomg BFG

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    ah, i just wiki'd it and apparently we built them using swedish tech. figures they'd catch fire, we don't have a history of building the damn things...up
    Ikea?
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

flat pack submarines...hrm..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Some Iranians in a few dingys decided it would be a great idea to drive straight toward a fleet of American naval ships. After the USS Cole incident the navy isn't taking any chances.
    What was the resolution?

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    the reason the size of the US navy seems so large compared to what we do is because you dont actually know all of the things we do. its not a classification issue, just that there are a lot of things we do that the regular public just doesnt see. couple that with the fact that we are desparate to modernize our fleet (we have a large percentage of our fleet commissioned in the 60s-early 80s) and that our missions are dramatically changing, and there is a definite need for not just new ships, but completely different ships than we have previously needed.

large scale fleet engagements that existed in WW2, and that we were preparing for in the cold war have gone away. we are the most dominant navy in the world. no other navy can project their power anywhere in the world like we can. there are other navies that have as good, or better ships. the brits, canadians, aussies, spanish, and to a much lesser extent these days, the russians, all have large navies with real capabilities. they just dont have the world wide presence that we have. compund that with the fact that tey are all our allies, and we dont have a whole lot to worry about.

these days we are more worried about brown water confrontatons. the littoral zones where small patrol boats live. its the primary makeup of a vast majority of the worlds navies, and one where we have been lacking. the DD(X) program that ientioned before has taken a lot of hits, due to the seeming irrelevance of that sort of warship, especially since we have over 50 Arleigh Burke Destroyers. it does remain a mystery though why the governament has reduced funding for the LCS which really seems to be the future of the US Navy.

and Badda pretty well covered the iranian incident.
    The larger ships just seem like a massive waste of money. All the other significant navies are allies - except the Chinese. I do not want to think about a war with China.

Hey clutch, don't you think it would be highly amusing if Australians and Canadains took part in wide-scale war game involving all branches of each nations armed forces? That would be wicked as hell.

It would forever answer the plaguing question: who is worse? Australia or Canada.

Game on!

A game of checkers?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

canada is infinately worse. you have been warned.

SAS would pwn your general infantry
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Make it shot glass checkers and I'm in.

But really, how long could a war game between a couple of guys on horses and 5 kangaroos last?
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Way to steal the British spec ops, noobs.

JTF2 ftw, haven't heard of them? Good...very good...

JTF2 sounds like the code name for when the Canuckistanian guv'ment calls in the US Rangers.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    canada is infinately worse. you have been warned.

But would the SAS pwn the JTF-2?

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    JTF2 sounds like the code name for when the Canuckistanian guv'ment calls in the US Rangers.
    JTF2 are more on par with Delta as far as I can determine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    What was the resolution?
    diplomatic cluster____ but chocked up to being a couple of iranian officers whose intentions were greater than that of their country

The larger ships just seem like a massive waste of money. All the other significant navies are allies - except the Chinese. I do not want to think about a war with China.
    not a waste of money when they get used. the missile strikes done in all of the recent conflicts would be impossible witout them.

i also do not want to think of a war with china.... bad juju
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Hey clutch, don't you think it would be highly amusing if Australians and Canadains took part in wide-scale war game involving all branches of each nations armed forces? That would be wicked as hell.

It would forever answer the plaguing question: who is worse? Australia or Canada.

Game on!
    it'd be like, who's submarines can go the longest without catching fire. it's gonna be a close one
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    Make it shot glass checkers and I'm in.

But really, how long could a war game between a couple of guys on horses and 5 kangaroos last?
    kangaroo's are smaller... better stamina though. you can make crossbows from the tendons of a kangaroo as a bonus, maybe pack the pouch full of explosives. suicide bomber kangaroos ftw
    But would the SAS pwn the JTF-2?
    it'd be down to logistics and placement...an assault from one to the other would be in the defenders favour all the way.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    not a waste of money when they get used. the missile strikes done in all of the recent conflicts would be impossible witout them.
    Couldn't much of the missile missions be carried out by aerial bombardment from CVNs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1q_rRicAwI
    Navy Tests 32-Megajoule Railgun | Popular Science

the flame is pieces of the projectile igniting as it disintegrates going through the air..
    it'd be epic if they use it in space.

Thread Information