Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UCP Nominations (2007) - Favorite Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach View Post
    most people on this board can be mature when they want to be.
    Indeed, but are there are two small categories:
    Those who can't be and those who don't want to be. Both of these are reason for concern.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    are you with us..or against us..punk

that's so childish..

P.S where do i sign up.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Indeed, but are there are two small categories:
    Those who can't be and those who don't want to be. Both of these are reason for concern.
    Most of us are, even when we fool around talking about someones mother, sister, or anything like that, we are mature enought to distinguish it from a real insult or just a fun thing, i don't fully agree with McReis, i think that the forum does have a in house quorum, but "outsiders" are allways welcomed, and they don't even need to know anything in particular, just goodmaners and common sence, from there on they start becoming part of this "family" to, i never saw an "outsider" beeing pushed aside when he/she is cordial and inteligent.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    Most of us are, even when we fool around talking about someones mother, sister, or anything like that, we are mature enought to distinguish it from a real insult or just a fun thing, i don't fully agree with McReis, i think that the forum does have a in house quorum, but "outsiders" are allways welcomed, and they don't even need to know anything in particular, just goodmaners and common sence, from there on they start becoming part of this "family" to, i never saw an "outsider" beeing pushed aside when he/she is cordial and inteligent.
    the "problem" is that an intelligent outsider might not be too interested in a "fun" forum especially when "fun" takes over an inherently interesting thread. But you are right, there is a thin line, and most of us do not cross it.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I decided I would take a small break from UCP for a week or two, I feel like I need to step back a little. Anyway, I decided to post on the current issue since it's important to me.

I believe it's a question of balance. If the forums are serious and only serious it's gonna be boring. Very boring. There are a few threads around like that. Long, subject to a ton of pointless debates and comparisons. I have nothing against serious threads that are interesting, unfortunately there aren't much around right now. Z06 vs. GT-R here, ZR1 vs. GT-R there, that's all I see. Humor is an important factor in life and it needs to be represented in the forums as well. We just need to set limits. If a thread is serious and interesting, moderators should make sure it doesn't go off topic and out of control. On the other hand, if a thread is not so serious and goes off topic, then why not? A few 'funny' threads here and there aren't bad. We'll have fun and we'll be able to enjoy serious threads at the same time. It's a win-win situation.

On another note, I would like to apologize to the moderator team for what I said a few posts above. I was upset about -What- trolling around and making the forums a 'let's bitch about -What-!' forum rather than a car one. My apologies guys.

As for Sauc3, I took my nomination back but that doesn't really matter since it's the nomination thread, not the voting one, and Daan has been nominated more than once anyway. I will vote for him. I agree though it was rather stupid, childish and unfair. I overreacted. Once again, sorry.

Finally, I have found a few good posts by -What-. If only, if only, all his posts would be interesting and politically correct instead of just being arrogant... Too late now I guess.

See you later guys, and I hope we'll find a solution to our current issues.
    Last edited by fisetdavid26; 02-10-2008 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    People are allowed to go off topic at any time, are allowed to frustrate threads with stupid/"funny" remarks, and there is a less critical attitude towards meaningless posts. So mod-team, do your best and Ill see you again at the beginning of 2009.
    I tried that once.

See post #5...

When I was first asked to be a mod I thought it was something of a privilege.

That seems like a long time ago.

Cliques rule, OK?

The very fact that people think this website is now a popularity contest, rather than a source of information, speaks volumes.
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 02-14-2008 at 02:54 PM.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    The very fact that people think this website is now a popularity contest, rather than a source of information, speaks volumes.
    don't mix up the forums with the website

Lo and behold the voting page for the mods has gone off topic......
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Thread Information