Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: UCP Nominations (2007) - UCP Car of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post

...and the ARX-01a is definitely not it. Barring it's win at Sebring, it and the R10 were embarrassed by Porsches' RS Spyder Evo.

There are so many other racing series' that we are not considering as well. In the GT2 class, I would say that the F430 GT2 did very well, ending Porsche's dominance. The exceptional Maserati MC12 running in the FIA GT also I think must be considered.
    The Spyder, F430 GTC, and MC12 were not introduced in 2007.

The ARX was, and it won sebring. The 908 is also a contender because of it's performance in the european series regardless of it's competition.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    The 908 is also a contender because of it's performance in the european series regardless of it's competition.
    2nd at Le Mans on the first try is not a minuscule achievement either.

The Spyder, F430 GTC, and MC12 were not introduced in 2007.

The ARX was, and it won sebring. The 908 is also a contender because of it's performance in the european series regardless of it's competition.
    I did not see it indicated anywhere that the car had to be released in 2007.

As for the Spyder, the Evo it is an update so it could still be considered as being new for 2007.

We really gotta vote on some rules as to what cars are eligible for this.

I am of the opinion that all cars racing in 2007 should be eligible for the award or else we are bypassing many good cars and some real gems will be missed.

I completely disagree. So many publications limit themselves to cars released in that year only - we should do something different and allow all cars on sale in 2007 to be eligible.

That being said, cars the only debuted in 2007 should not be eligible. I think we're gonna need a voting thread to decide what cars are eligible.
    Then what prevents you from nominating your car every year until it wins?

Or even furhter what prevents the award from going to the same car every year?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post

I don't have a problem with any of those possibilities.

I could understand retiring a car if it won once.

Furthermore, as this is the first year we are having the competitions, it seems to make sense in my eyes to allow cars from years gone by to enter - same with the Napolis award.

The best way to decide would be to propose several solutions and then vote on it instead of deciding arbitrarily on what will be the method used. Other than that, Rocke could make an executive decision as runner of the competition and I think that would be fair enough as well.

Citroen DS.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

The best way to decide would be to propose several solutions and then vote on it instead of deciding arbitrarily on what will be the method used. Other than that, Rocke could make an executive decision as runner of the competition and I think that would be fair enough as well.
    We could vote on cars appeared here on UCP during 2007 only. It's obvious that almost every new car appears immediately on the main page or in the hideout with a vast press-release. Finally, in other forum sections some new vehicles appear from time to time, too.

-Audi S5

After seeing "Hitman" it grew on me, awsome car.

Maybe we should get a list out, of interesting 2007 cars.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

I don't have a problem with any of those possibilities.

I could understand retiring a car if it won once.

Furthermore, as this is the first year we are having the competitions, it seems to make sense in my eyes to allow cars from years gone by to enter - same with the Napolis award.

It isn't the first year, is it...

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ar-voting.html
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    We could vote on cars appeared here on UCP during 2007 only. It's obvious that almost every new car appears immediately on the main page or in the hideout with a vast press-release. Finally, in other forum sections some new vehicles appear from time to time, too.
    The car should be in production as of 2007, that is where I draw the line.

I did not see it indicated anywhere that the car had to be released in 2007.

As for the Spyder, the Evo it is an update so it could still be considered as being new for 2007.

We really gotta vote on some rules as to what cars are eligible for this.

I am of the opinion that all cars racing in 2007 should be eligible for the award or else we are bypassing many good cars and some real gems will be missed.
    It's the 2007 awards, it would make no sense to include cars from other years. The Evo is an upgrade but then again every racecar is updated each year so it doesn't really count as a new car entirely. IMO if we include all cars why should anycar win but the R10? It's the first diesel car to ever win lemans, therefore nothing else really holds a candle to it.

It's the 2007 awards, it would make no sense to include cars from other years. The Evo is an upgrade but then again every racecar is updated each year so it doesn't really count as a new car entirely. IMO if we include all cars why should anycar win but the R10? It's the first diesel car to ever win lemans, therefore nothing else really holds a candle to it.
    Oh yes there is. Try the Citroën C4 WRC.
    Visca Catalunya!

besides, the R10 won already in 2006, so it is not eligible....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Yes it is the 2007 awards, why shouldn't all cars racing in 2007 be counted?

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    besides, the R10 won already in 2006, so it is not eligible....
    What are you referring to?

Who is determining eligibility anyways?

EDIT:

There is another contender. Just because the R10 was the first diesel to win Le Mans does not mean that other cars in different series didn't have more impressive feats.
    Last edited by Kitdy; 02-04-2008 at 02:23 PM.

What are you referring to?
    to Canuck's post number 71, who claims that only the R10 can be the winner...

Thread Information