Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lancia Delta (Progetto 844) 2008-2014

It's not bad, just too big. The Integrale better be f**king awesome.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I like it a lot, i hope it keeps the good looks on the production car, i hope it really sells, i'd buy one instead of the Bravo, for either of them i think the 1.6 MultiJet is probably going to be the best seller.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Lancia Nuova Delta #2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ferrer; 02-19-2008 at 04:23 PM.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I like it, although the front grille needs to change - I'd prefer a more plain grille with the Lancia badge in the middle. If they made a 3-door, I might consider it in the future.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Lancia Nuova Delta #3
    Visca Catalunya!

It looks interesting in two-colour scheme, but the rear is a bit too heavy.
    Your pics, BTW?
    Last edited by faksta; 03-18-2008 at 11:56 AM.

Lancia Nuova Delta #4
    Visca Catalunya!

i am not able to understand the front bumper in its lower part. but i like it, especially in the rear view. i want to see it on the road moving.
    and please stop identifying Lancia only with the Integrale...yes, they produced three of the best rally cars, but originally they were about luxury, and this is what you should call they "niche" now. Lancia right now is the "luxury side" of fiat.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    i am not able to understand the front bumper in its lower part. but i like it, especially in the rear view. i want to see it on the road moving.
    and please stop identifying Lancia only with the Integrale...yes, they produced three of the best rally cars, but originally they were about luxury, and this is what you should call they "niche" now. Lancia right now is the "luxury side" of fiat.
    But that isn't Lancia either.

This weekend I was in Modena and there was some sort of classic car event going on in Piazza Centrale (IIRC). It was centered mainly around Lancias, amongs other great cars, right from the 20's to the 90's.

You could see the beautiful Aprilias, Aurelias and Flaminias (just to name a few) standing proudly in the podium. Great cars, elegant, classy, subtle and beautiful tourers. Cars which not only cared about apperance, but most definitely about substance too. Cars which were meant to be driven.

This, this is just a joke honestly. There was a Musa FL and a Phedra on display too and the comparison was painful. They might be the only thing they can do, I'm not discussing that, but they certainly aren't Lancias.

Sadly, these days Lancias are nothing more than fancy Fiats.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Sadly, these days Lancias are nothing more than fancy Fiats.
    true, sadly true. btw, i live in Modena...maybe i saw you
    the Phedra isn't a Lancia, it is design and produced by Peugeot and Citroen (PAG) which are buying commercial cars and vans from Fiat Auto Group (Fiat-Lancia+Alfa Romeo-Maserati+Ferrari).
    i hope with this new cycle of cars this "fancy" side will disappear. the new Delta is quite different from the Bravo, so the Ypsilon is from the Panda. Even the aging but still beautiful, imo, Thesis is pretty different from tha Alfa 166. the Musa is very similar to the fiat Idea, but way better. lancia needs something more, this is sure, there're rumors about their own version of the next Alfa 169 which will be based on the next-gen (but i'm not so sure about this, maybe it will be the one of this model) Maserati Quattroporte platform. quite good news i think.
    finally, the discontinued Lancia Lybra, practically a re-engineered Fiat Marea, was one of the best cars of its segment, SW of course. its reliability was very good and at a very low price. but with the years, it lacked of upgrades. too bad.

Fiat Auto Group (Fiat-Lancia+Alfa Romeo-Maserati+Ferrari)
    Thank you for clearing up what is a Fiat Auto Group

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Thank you for clearing up what is a Fiat Auto Group
    oh dear...i miss something !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    it's: fiat+lancia+abarth !!!!!

without considering Iveco and Fiat Professional (commercial division), and New Holland and...a lot of other thing but not connected to cars, i think...

New Delta has a lot of good points, but I think it just looks too sophisticated to be a successful product. They made the same with the Thesis, Y and the other ones and the conclusion: Lancia sales work well just in Italy. I was expecting too see a much sportier appearance on the new Delta.
    http://motorcarnews.wordpress.com

Ferrer, may I ask a simple question?

Obviously you hate this "fancy Fiat", then why bother creating thread and posting several pictures of it?

"Because of pretty ladys in the photos" doesn't qualify as an answer.

true, sadly true. btw, i live in Modena...maybe i saw you
    the Phedra isn't a Lancia, it is design and produced by Peugeot and Citroen (PAG) which are buying commercial cars and vans from Fiat Auto Group (Fiat-Lancia+Alfa Romeo-Maserati+Ferrari).
    i hope with this new cycle of cars this "fancy" side will disappear. the new Delta is quite different from the Bravo, so the Ypsilon is from the Panda. Even the aging but still beautiful, imo, Thesis is pretty different from tha Alfa 166. the Musa is very similar to the fiat Idea, but way better. lancia needs something more, this is sure, there're rumors about their own version of the next Alfa 169 which will be based on the next-gen (but i'm not so sure about this, maybe it will be the one of this model) Maserati Quattroporte platform. quite good news i think.
    finally, the discontinued Lancia Lybra, practically a re-engineered Fiat Marea, was one of the best cars of its segment, SW of course. its reliability was very good and at a very low price. but with the years, it lacked of upgrades. too bad.
    If you saw a blue BMW 1-series thundering down Via Giardini, then it was me...

Of the current Lancia range the only worthy car is the Thesis. It's a great car and a great Lancia. Advanced double wishbone electronically controlled suspension, with a great interior and quality. It even has a daring (controversial?) design to go with it. And while it's loosely based on the Kappa/166 it's been so reworked that it could be called almost bespoke. A direct descendant of the Flaminia Berlina. The last of a line and most certainly a future classic. The only thing lacking probably is a Coupe variant.

But the rest simply doesn't stack up to the great Lancia tradition. The Ypsilon is just a tarted up old Punto Mk II with some diesels and Fashion Vicitm writen all over it. The Phedra is a van, and I'm sorry but a van doesn't fit within Lancias value in my opinion (don't you dare to mention the Giugiaro Megagamma ). And this Delta is just a half arsed attemp at a streched fiat Bravo which looks a bit like an MPV.

If it were me just looking at the last concepts, the Fulvia and the Granturismo Carcerano, one wonders would it be the end of the world if they made those instead of what they have now? I guess though, that in these days of utter globalisation the good ol' approach simply isn't feasible any more. Look at the serious problems Alfa Romeo has...
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information