Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lancia Delta (Progetto 844) 2008-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    Ferrer, may I ask a simple question?

Obviously you hate this "fancy Fiat", then why bother creating thread and posting several pictures of it?

"Because of pretty ladys in the photos" doesn't qualify as an answer.
    Because of the pretty ladies in the photos? No wait, that isn't allowed...

Because I think that every car should be in the hideout, not only the ones I like. And if the pics are available, then why not?

By the way I don't hate it. I realise that these days this is the only way to go. I just think that it isn't worthy of the Lancia badge. But don't worry it's just a philosophical complaint, nothing else. I know nothing can be done possibly.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    If it were me just looking at the last concepts, the Fulvia and the Granturismo Carcerano, one wonders would it be the end of the world if they made those instead of what they have now? I guess though, that in these days of utter globalisation the good ol' approach simply isn't feasible any more. Look at the serious problems Alfa Romeo has...
    i guess Alfa has a much better line up. My father owned two (yeas, two...) Phedra. a good car, very comfortable, with lazy french engine and a really strange clutch/gearbox.
    He then was going to buy the Thesis Edizione Centenario, simply astonishing, but money were already been used in the new house...btw, great car, one of the best interior i used to sit my rear end...the thing was that i also thought they were going to make some discount on the Thesis beaucse it doesn't sell so well. and...no, nearly full price, and a totally disappeared value when you are going to sell it.
    lancia problems is the Integrale, as i said. people, even here in italy think lancia is all about rallies...which is kinda the opposite...at least for the 75% og its history
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Some of you guys are acting as if this is a rebadged Hyundai - it's clearly not. Lancia may have a great future ahead of them, but they need to go through these stages first, just as Alfa-Romeo are doing right now.

This doesn't look to be a bad car at all - it certainly has a "premium" look. We'll just have to wait to see if it's of satisfactory quality and if it drives well when it's released.

Negativity isn't really going to get Lancia anywhere. It is possible that they can succeed, I mean, look what's happened to Aston-Martin and Land Rover and what's currently happening to Jaguar...
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    Some of you guys are acting as if this is a rebadged Hyundai - it's clearly not. Lancia may have a great future ahead of them, but they need to go through these stages first, just as Alfa-Romeo are doing right now.
    The situation between Alfa Romeo and Lancia couldn't be more different actually. For the last 20-odd years Alfa Romeo has been on a continous investment programme with no returns at all. They were given all the resources and the possibility to go racing again.

Lancia on the other hand was sacrifised to be focused on luxury alone, in order to not interfere with Alfa Romeo. They were robbed of their successful rallying programme and the few new cars they introduced were total failures. Then from the early 2000s investment was stopped almost completely and sometime around 2002-2003 it was on the very verge of being canned.

Lancia survived for a variety of reasons and it's a bit of a miracle it still is here and selling almost as many cars as Alfa Romeo with a much reduced lineup. If Lancian had been given the same opportunities as Alfa Romeo maybe the story would have been very different.

Curiously enough the 300,000 car sales target they are giving to Lancia and Alfa Romeo was already achieved by Lancia in the late 80's/early 90's, while Alfa Romeo never did, IIRC.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

i like alfa, i owned (my father) some alfas, so my point of view is not very...politically correct. than i am italian so i see things about italian manufacturers from the inside, which is surrely different and probably not the best position to observe.
    imo, lancia has lived a sort of explosion of popularity mainly thanks to the Delta Integrale, while the rest of the line-up was not so much good. my brother owned a standard delta, not a good choice, and the only good lancia of those passed days is the Thema, a very good car. its best characteristic wasn't the performance, even if it received some very good engine, because this point, imo, goes to the alfa 164, but it was well refined and very comfortable.
    btw, alfa did a great job in the DTM/ITC championship with the 155 and a relative slow budget comparing to that of Mercedes for example, but it doesn't bring so much attention to it, and the same is for the ETCC from 1997 to 2004 with the glorious 156 in all its versions.
    finally, fiat's board in those days was too much into politic/economical interests than into cars. that's way a lto of italian cars of the '90 were very good, they directed fiat in a way they could personally earn some big money, without looking at the manufaturer health. good job...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The situation between Alfa Romeo and Lancia couldn't be more different actually. For the last 20-odd years Alfa Romeo has been on a continous investment programme with no returns at all. They were given all the resources and the possibility to go racing again.

Lancia on the other hand was sacrifised to be focused on luxury alone, in order to not interfere with Alfa Romeo. They were robbed of their successful rallying programme and the few new cars they introduced were total failures. Then from the early 2000s investment was stopped almost completely and sometime around 2002-2003 it was on the very verge of being canned.

Lancia survived for a variety of reasons and it's a bit of a miracle it still is here and selling almost as many cars as Alfa Romeo with a much reduced lineup. If Lancian had been given the same opportunities as Alfa Romeo maybe the story would have been very different.

Curiously enough the 300,000 car sales target they are giving to Lancia and Alfa Romeo was already achieved by Lancia in the late 80's/early 90's, while Alfa Romeo never did, IIRC.
    What I meant was that Lancia are basing new cars on existing platforms because they cannot afford bespoke components at the moment. Alfa have also had to "put up with" a less than ideal platform in the 159/Brera/Spider. I can personally see the Nuova Delta being as good as the 159 (itself a good car), and hopefully both of these cars will be stepping-stones for their respective manufacturers to use to climb back up to the dizzy heights of greatness.

As I've said before, I can't wait for Alfa to really challenge BMW with some RWD saloons and coupes (hopefully with lighter weight than the existing cars as it blunts the performance of the 159)...maybe Lancia can eventually do the same with Audi or Mercedes-Benz.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Olivier Francois, CEO Lancia Automobiles
    Attached Images Attached Images

40 pages of press release, I'm working on the conversion to .pdf

in the meanwhile, 2008 Lancia Nuova Delta #1

2008 Lancia Nuova Delta #2

2008 Lancia Nuova Delta #3

2008 Lancia Nuova Delta #4

2008 Lancia Nuova Delta #5

2008 Lancia Nuova Delta #6

2008 Lancia Nuova Delta #7 + PDF of the press release
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bring on the new Intergrale, we'll see if it can do 0-100 in 2.5 on the gravel

Thread Information