Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: WHAT says: Honda is Failing

Honda is and will remain to be a great car manufacturer. I think you might be exaggerating a tad when you say that Acura isn't a real luxury brand. What isn't luxury about them? Have you actually sat in one let alone driven one lately? You compare the S2000 (a true track car) with the Miata?? What's wrong with 4bangers anyway? Not everybody is into gas guzzling low end torque V8s. I for one love small, high revving engines. They bring a smile upon my face. The new Civic Si is an incredible little rocket. I made sure I test drove one before I moved away for work, and its tempting not to put every dollar I make into financing one. 4 Cylinder engines have never really made significant torque, but by no means does that make them whimpy.

Quote Originally Posted by -What- View Post
    The point I was trying to make is that Honda has been ignoring some of its customers.
    Just think this way, rather than attending to niche consumers who wanted a more reliable Ferrari, Honda is attending to mass consumers by giving them cars that are a tad more stylish, a tad better to drive, with engines that are remarkably engineered, while not loosing the reliability of Toyotas. IMO, Honda is directly below the spectrum where BMW lies. Sporty cars with handling that appeals to the masses.

-What-'s wrong?
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post

-What-'s wrong?
    Apparently, Honda's not building the cars he wants.

Unfortunately, the masses don't like the current (or now old) NSX.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Unfortunately, the masses don't like the current (or now old) NSX.
    You have got to be kidding.

Of course the sales of the "old" NSX began to slip after over a DECADE of being in production with no redesign. DUH!!! Wasn't that one of the problems I stated?

You all don't understand, which is fine. Everyone has different opinions and we shouldn't forget what is really important: LOVE.

You have got to be kidding.

Of course the sales of the "old" NSX began to slip after over a DECADE of being in production with no redesign. DUH!!! Wasn't that one of the problems I stated?

You all don't understand, which is fine. Everyone has different opinions and we shouldn't forget what is really important: LOVE.
    There were some minor redesigns, with the major one being a new front end (pop-ups to open) and a minor engine change from C30A to something like C32B.

Not major, but most people couldn't see the point of paying $80K for a Honda.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Not major, but most people couldn't see the point of paying $80K for a Honda.
    In the beginning of its production it sold well for an exotic. EPIC car. The NSX force Ferrari to rethink itself. After years and years and years of sitting the NSX was eclipsed...naturally.

In the beginning of its production it sold well for an exotic. EPIC car. The NSX force Ferrari to rethink itself. After years and years and years of sitting the NSX was eclipsed...naturally.
    ..and Honda, like the Japanese company they are, tried to squeeze more from what they have.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Well i read the first bit and gave up, you're a fan of the CRX and Del Sol, there is no hope.

And you know what fails more? answer
    Nothing's wrong with the CRX. It was a cool car. I agree that the Del Sol is garbage though.

First- Why would you want to make Civics "easily riceable"?

Second- If you liked the S2000 at the beginning, what difference would it make if it stayed the same way? What's not likeable about it?

Third- The NSX was an awesome piece of engineering. Overpriced. Yes. From an engineering standpoint, a masterpiece that Honda probably won't reproduce.

Fourth- When you said that the Insight was great, did you know how long the model lasted? If you think the S2000 is outdated, the Insight was just as outdated as the S2000 by the end of its years.

Fifth- The Integra/RSX in theory is the same as the Civic Si. High revving 4 cylinder and a fun to drive characteristic. The Si is a better product overall. The Integra was getting old anyway. It didn't even have a nav system.

Sixth- If you think turbo power is the way to go, you're seriously wrong. Honda never really does turboes, except with the RDX in North America. They've always been with high revving N/A cars. Always. If you knew anything about the history of Honda you'd know that, since you seem to "like" the older Honda products.

Seventh- You assume that the former EPA gas mileage system is still in effect. If the Insight were to be tested again under the new standards, you'd probably rethink how "gas friendly" it was.

I do think, however, that stylistically, Honda's doing real bad. The new RL and TSX concepts look horrible. Geez, they gotta pull themselves together.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 02-11-2008 at 08:02 PM.

Epitome of cool? No waiiii

Well, i mean you didn't really give the best example of a CRX did you lol?

the hipower CRX beat evo's and GTR's during the wakefield autosalon time attack....
    you fail
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Sixth- If you think turbo power is the way to go, you're seriously wrong. Honda never really does turboes, except with the RDX in North America. They've always been with high revving N/A cars. Always. If you knew anything about the history of Honda you'd know that, since you seem to "like" the older Honda products.
    Honda also produced a Honda City TURBO (cue Madness appearance) for Japanese consumption only and a couple of Legend turbos too.

Well, I don't think the current masses don't want the NSX or that S2000 is 'dated'.

Which ever way I looked at the upcoming concepts of CRX, NSX, and the current crop of Hondas for enthusiasts, i find nothing wrong, or dated bout them. Ya, so what if the Euro spec CTR is using torsion beam? I bet it could still give Golf GTis a difficult chase on track, and I don't think any other hot hatches on offer is as good as it is, except it's predecessor thou, in which you would have to forego that excellent interior that's modern but entirely un-european.

They are still doing a great job IMO.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I do think, however, that stylistically, Honda's doing real bad. The new RL and TSX concepts look horrible. Geez, they gotta pull themselves together.
    I think the TSX is less rank, but that stupid solid metal (or fake metal) grille is terrible- same with the MDX. The Euro Accord is quite nice though - it came out today or something- same as the TSX but acceptable grill. I dig the aggressive headlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I think the TSX is less rank, but that stupid solid metal (or fake metal) grille is terrible- same with the MDX. The Euro Accord is quite nice though - it came out today or something- same as the TSX but acceptable grill. I dig the aggressive headlights.
    That's because you americans and canadians like big chrome grilles...

We have the proper cars.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information