Thread: Dakar Rally Moving

Dakar Rally Moving

Yes, the race will return in 2009 but in South America, so really it will not be the Paris-Dakar but rather the Buenos Aires. Well whatever, at least its back right?
    ESPN - Dakar Rally heading to South America for 2009 after terrorism canceled '08 race - Racing
    Thoughts?

Crock of shit, the American fear mongering after 9/11 has gradually put the entire WORLD into the fetal position...

Very, very lame

A really in America can be cool too, but c'mon it's Dakar!

Sweet, all but my immediate family live in Chile. Maybe I'll be able to see it.
    "Don't have phone sex, you could get hearing AIDS"

It'll be good but won't be the same.
    "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
    "Life is short, drive fast!" - Lamborghini
    "How's that for a slice of fried gold?"
    "I'll take the case!" - Harvey Birdman

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax13 View Post
    Crock of shit, the American fear mongering after 9/11 has gradually put the entire WORLD into the fetal position...
    Your right, Its all after 911.

its not because it travels through countries that have been in states of civil war for longer than you or I have been alive, and where attacks and massacres occur almost daily.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax13 View Post
    So... I guess those terrorists who killed those people (in Dakar) don't exist and neither do the victims.

It was all another Bush conspiRAcYZ!
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Obviously it's not going to be the same thing because it's not in the same place. However, I believe that this new look Dakar rally will still be very entertaining and draw a large crowd. Plus it will have a lower threat of being canceled because of the threat of terrorism although the threat of drug smuggling will be higher . All said, if I had enough money I would still come and watch this even though it's not the "true" Dakar rally.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    It'll be good but won't be the same.
    I agree. Plus I don't think the French organizers would abandon the great Franco-African Rally so appease America.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    So... I guess those terrorists who killed those people (in Dakar) don't exist and neither do the victims.

It was all another Bush conspiRAcYZ!
    French tourists where killed and it wasn't in dakar, it was one of the country's where the rally would pass, hardly a terrorist attack, also, thoose countrys have been at war for ever and the dakar never stoped because of that. who knows what the real reason was, like someone said, they could have stopped before that country fly over it and continue the next part of the rally. not that hard really and it has been done before.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

yes, Dakar Rally 2009 here in Argentina! Chile!

Good news for us fans in the south of south America!

Lavigne, director of the Dakar, officially presented to the press this morning the detailed route of the Dakar Argentina Chile 2009.
    After more than a hundred days of reconnaissance, the sporting team invites participants to evaluate their skills on over 9,500 km 100 % Dakar including 5,650 km of special. Dunes, fesh fesh sand, limitless roads, mountains… all the ingredients will be there to remind competitors that the arrival in Buenos Aires on January 17 will be hard-won. The plains of Patagonia, the Atacama Desert and the passageway through the Andes Mountains – all in the heat of the austral summer – will provide an ideal setting for testing the endurance of pilots committed to the Dakar 2009.
    And many have responded to the call.

On the morning of January 3rd, 530 teams will take off from Buenos Aires: 230 motos, 30 quads, 188 cars and 82 trucks, representing 49 nationalities.

The figures for this South American Dakar are amazing. In addition, the elite of worldwide rally-raiding will meet to fight it out over these new territories.

The Dakar exists above all because of a longing for discovery and a capacity to confront the unknown. By crossing the ocean, the rally is ready for an experience that is true to its values and temperament. 100 % Dakar: it is the quality of the challenge offered to the competitors with one idea always in mind: human adventure, extreme adventure.

And by the way, I ahve uploaded most of the Dakar Route 2009 on this Live Search Maps,. http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!389&encType=1

And I will do the same with the Google Maps, chat soon, Bob Frassinetti, travelling the south of south America,..........

Thread Information