Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fake Bankers Draft Scam?

Quote Originally Posted by gezza1975 View Post
    And if you can email your details today probably this week you receive the payment.
    NAME..
    ADDRESS..
    POST CODE
    CITY..
    STATE...
    COUNTRY..
    PHONE NUMBER
    MOBILE NUMBER
    OFFICE, NUMBER
    HOME NUMBER
    Awaiting your mail today,to let me know what's good..
    Best Regard
    You can call me on this number +447024070331 (Taylor smith)

I'll bet a pound to a pinch of shit that the phone number is a mega high rate line.

I got a mad one yesterday that I hadnt seen before...

Sante Magazine is a foreign exchange dealing company in France, payment and collection services to risk solutions and outsourcing, Sante Magazine Exchange offers integrated foreign exchange solutions to businesses and financial institutions around the globe. We are currently looking for Home Based workers who can work directly from his/her computer at home.

WHAT WE EXPECT FROM A CANDIDATE:
    - Applicants must understand English language.
    - Applicants must be above 18 years old.
    - Confident computer skills.
    - Good working relationship with new people.
    - Required to check your email daily.

WHAT WE OFFER
    - Speedy career progress.
    - High earnings plus performance results bonus.
    - A Sony Vaio Laptop.
    - Weekly payment of $200.00.
    - Salary : Starting from $7,000 - $90,000.00 Monthly.

**** To apply please send your CV/Resume to our email: [email protected]

John Joes Sante Magazine
    email: [email protected]
    Website: le tour de votre santé sans détours - Santé Magazine
    The Datto will rage again...

yeah, like sante magazine is going to use a gmail account
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

i lol'd
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Mustang Fan View Post
    Considering that its asking me for my personal details etc, and offering me 8.2mil & from Africa? I wouldn't think so.

Even when my computers teacher sits down and reads it, while I'm checking my email, he takes the piss.

Edit: I left his Email in there so you can have a crack at him..
    sarcasm goes right over your head doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach View Post
    sarcasm goes right over your head doesn't it?
    Sometimes, I'm not quite sure.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Fake Banker's Draft Scam? I sniff a rat, check this email out.

I am currently selling my car on auto trader and received an email off someone (in the Isle of Skye supposedly) prepared to buy my car for the full asking price (i put ono on the ad) without even seeing it in the flesh. They will supply a bankers draft and take car of all shipping.

Having never even seen a banker's draft I doubt this is a good idea. I researched this on the internet and found a copy of an email which was similar in tone to the one I received. The only way I can see that I can sell my car and ensure I don't get ripped off is to accompany the buyer to the bank for the cash - anyone got any other ideas to not be ripped off?

Beware all car sellers. It would be sad to see anyone's pride and joy driven away without being paid for. Check this out:

Hello
    Am so excited you could find to e-mail me back concerning the car you listed for sale and i will love to purchase the car from you .
    Main look at the pic at the site it's very lovely car and the condition you stated for me, someone may conclude the car is very good.
    Really this kind of car have been looking for some days now.
    Am trying to purchase the Car for myself used .
    I will be glad if you can sell the Car to me.
    I believe by now Car is SOLD to me .
    Really i want you to please send pics of the Car if available .
    Also concerning you asking price am okay with it (£4750) for the Car.
    Please as for the shipment i will handle that myself i shall contact my private shipping company to handle the shipment from you location to mine.
    Likewise,the payment will come inform of (UK BANK DRAFT) which i believe is okay.
    The payment ( uK bank draft) will take 2 to3 working days for the payment to FULLY 100% CLEARED and CONFIRM the money is your bank account, pls get back to me today so that we could conclude on the payment.And for that am not asking for your bank account and sorts codes numbers all i will need to process the payment is your NAME and your ADDRESS also with the MOBILE NUMBER ans HOME NUMBER.
    At present reside at ISLE OF SKYE HIGHLAND IN SCOTLAND and i will be glad if i can purchase the Car from you .
    Please remember that i have committed myself to purchase the Car .
    Thanks awaiting your e-mail today..
    Regards

Does anyone else find it odd that there's 7 people in here with 2 or less posts posting very similar novel length posts?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

LOL!!!i get sh!t like that all the time that supposedly I won $12,000,000, the numbers are not the same but,it is always the same story,this guys are from AFRICA-Nigeria.Plus I saw a show about this on MSNBS....I love to kick their @ss.... son's of you know what!
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

It goes somthing like this.

Good Day,
    Let me start by introducing myself. I am Mr. Patrick K.W. Chan (Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer) of the Hang Seng Bank Ltd. I have an obscured business suggestion for you.
    Before the U.S and Iraqi war our client Gen. Abbas Radhi Ismail who was with the Iraqi forces and also businessman made a numbered fixed deposit for 18 calendar months, with a value of (Twenty Four million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars only) in my branch. Upon maturity several notices was sent to him, even during the war which began in 2003. Again after the war another notification was sent and still no response came from him. We later find out that the General along with his wife and only daughter had been killed during the war in a bomb blast that hit their home.
    After further investigation it was also discovered that Gen. Abbas Radhi Ismail did not declare any next of kin in his official papers including the paper work of his bank deposit. And he also confided in me the last time he was at my office that no one except me knew of his deposit in my bank. So, Twenty Four million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars is still lying in my bank and no one will ever come forward to claim it. What bothers me most is that according to the laws of my country at the expiration of 5 years the funds will revert to the ownership of the Hong Kong Government if nobody applies to claim the funds.
    Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to Gen. Abbas Radhi Ismail so that you will be able to receive his funds.
    MODALITIES:
    I want you to know that I have had everything planned out so that we shall come out successful. I have an attorney that will prepare the necessary document that will back you up as the next of kin to Gen. Abbas Radhi Ismail, all that is required from you at this stage is for you to provide me with your Full Names and Address so that the attorney can commence his job. After you have been made the next of kin, the attorney will also fill in for claims on your behalf and secure the necessary approval and letter of probate in your favor for the move of the funds to an account that will be provided by you.
    There is no risk involved at all in this matter, as we are going adopt a legalized method and the attorney will prepare all the necessary documents. Please endeavor to observe utmost discretion in all matters concerning this issue.
    Once the funds have been transferred to a nominated bank account we shall then share in the ratio of 70% for me, 30% for you. Should you be interested please send me the following:
    1. Full names
    2. Private phone/fax
    3. Current residential address
    and I will prefer you reach me on my private email address below and finally after that I shall provide you with more details of this operation.
    Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.
    Kind Regards
    Mr. Patrick Chan.
    Email[email protected]
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

This came in the mail a few days ago...

"Dear e-MAIL Winner,
    Your email address won £850,000.00 GBP in this month NATIONAL LOTTERY E-mail
    online drew.
    To file for your claim, contact our agent Mr Mark Vendatine with
    the details below(Full Names, Contact Address, Country, Age, Sex, Occupation
    &
    Telephone numbers) to this Email: [email protected]
    Phone Number: Tel:+44 7045 761 885
    Please do reply to only this Email below: [email protected]
    Yours Sincerely,

(Web-Email Information Manager) "

Aren't i lucky!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroMan View Post
    Good Day,
    Let me start by introducing myself. I am Mr. Patrick K.W. Chan (Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer) of the Hang Seng Bank Ltd. I have an obscured business suggestion for you.
    Before the U.S and Iraqi war our client Gen. Abbas Radhi Ismail who was with the Iraqi forces and also businessman made a numbered fixed deposit for 18 calendar months, with a value of (Twenty Four million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars only) in my branch. Upon maturity several notices was sent to him, even during the war which began in 2003. Again after the war another notification was sent and still no response came from him. We later find out that the General along with his wife and only daughter had been killed during the war in a bomb blast that hit their home.
    After further investigation it was also discovered that Gen. Abbas Radhi Ismail did not declare any next of kin in his official papers including the paper work of his bank deposit. And he also confided in me the last time he was at my office that no one except me knew of his deposit in my bank. So, Twenty Four million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars is still lying in my bank and no one will ever come forward to claim it. What bothers me most is that according to the laws of my country at the expiration of 5 years the funds will revert to the ownership of the Hong Kong Government if nobody applies to claim the funds.
    Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to Gen. Abbas Radhi Ismail so that you will be able to receive his funds.
    MODALITIES:
    I want you to know that I have had everything planned out so that we shall come out successful. I have an attorney that will prepare the necessary document that will back you up as the next of kin to Gen. Abbas Radhi Ismail, all that is required from you at this stage is for you to provide me with your Full Names and Address so that the attorney can commence his job. After you have been made the next of kin, the attorney will also fill in for claims on your behalf and secure the necessary approval and letter of probate in your favor for the move of the funds to an account that will be provided by you.
    There is no risk involved at all in this matter, as we are going adopt a legalized method and the attorney will prepare all the necessary documents. Please endeavor to observe utmost discretion in all matters concerning this issue.
    Once the funds have been transferred to a nominated bank account we shall then share in the ratio of 70% for me, 30% for you. Should you be interested please send me the following:
    1. Full names
    2. Private phone/fax
    3. Current residential address
    and I will prefer you reach me on my private email address below and finally after that I shall provide you with more details of this operation.
    Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.
    Kind Regards
    Mr. Patrick Chan.
    Email[email protected]
    Ask him to convert it to Euros.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    This came in the mail a few days ago...

"Dear e-MAIL Winner,
    Your email address won £850,000.00 GBP in this month NATIONAL LOTTERY E-mail
    online drew.
    To file for your claim, contact our agent Mr Mark Vendatine with
    the details below(Full Names, Contact Address, Country, Age, Sex, Occupation
    &
    Telephone numbers) to this Email: [email protected]
    Phone Number: Tel:+44 7045 761 885
    Please do reply to only this Email below: [email protected]
    Yours Sincerely,

(Web-Email Information Manager) "

Aren't i lucky!
    The good old Mega Millions lotto winner scam

I just received one too. My car is for sale on Autotrader UK

Looks and smells like a big fat scam to me, mostly because 'Mrs Brown' is offering more money than the car is for sale for, but also she is happy to spend that amount of money never having seen or driven the car.

Good Afternoon,
    Happy new year!!
    Thanks for your quick response and am also excited to hear from you that the vehicle is still available for sale and thanks for the information you just gave about the vehicle and am quite delighted to hear from you that the vehicle is still in great conditions.
    The reason why am purchasing this vehicle is because our family are expanding,cos we are expecting our first child.
    I want you to send me your wishes in advance before the imminent arrival of the baby.
    My self and my husband just need one additional vehicle.

Please i want you to email me more pictures if is still available both the exterior and interior.
    Due to my condition i will not be able to view the vehicle at present because i'm heavily pregnant,and the distance as well.
    My personal circumstances do not allow me to travel,like wise my husband is away on a business trip to South Dakota in United State of America
    According to the Features of the vehicle and the Full Description of the vehicle i saw on the advert page i'm fully satisfied.

I will make an offer of £5,700 inclusive the advert fees just because i know the worth of the vehicle and more so what you' ve stated about the vehicle details in the advert page and the maintenance of the vehicle you've spent so far since you bought the vehicle.
    Presently we are located at Belfast.

I will take good care of the shippment I had already consult a private shipping company who are going to handle it professionally, both the shipping cost and other necessary activities concerning the shippment of the vehicle.

Although the shipping company still have some furniture to ship for me in Ulster i have made it clear to them that your location will be their first arrival before moving down to any other destination.
    Cleared funds would have to be obtained prior to the sale.
    The money would CLEAR into your bank account before any transaction could take place.
    My preffered method of payment is by bankers draft or Cheque in a (GBP) that's the only option and safest way for me to transfer CASH which am going to instruct my business associate to post you a bankers draft via post office.

The bankers draft is going to clear in your bank within 3 to 5 working days before i shall take the possession of the vehicle .
    I hope to hear from you today in order to proceed further with the payment and shipping arrangements as soon as possible.
    Bankers draft only required your FULL NAME and your POSTAL ADDRESS.
    I did NOT request for your bank details.

In my next email i shall let you know the details that is required from you to enable the bankers draft gets to you by post office.
    I look forward to hear back from you today.
    Cheers
    Mrs Brown

Auto trader scam

Hello,

I thought i would let you know that i received the same email apart from a 'Mrs Shaw' the exact same layout and words, i have pasted the 1st email below so you can see,

Good Evening

I am interested in your CAR listed for sale on auto trader website.
    I hope the CAR is still for sale?
    Do you have ALL THE PAPER work and the receipt of purchase for documentation?
    What is the Lowest price the CAR would go for?

I hope hearing from you soon

Cheers
    Mrs Shaw

These people must really think we are stupid! i wouldn't like to think anybody has actually been fooled by these people.

Below is the second email i received:

Good Evening,

Thanks for your response and am also excited to hear from you the vehicle is still available for sale and thanks for the information you just gave about the vehicle and am quite delighted to hear from you that the vehicle is still in great conditions.
    The reason why i purchase this vehicle is because our family are expanding' cos we are expecting our first child soonest since we got married for the past 4 years.
    I want you to send me your wishes in advance before the imminent arrival of the baby.
    My self and my husband just need one additional vehicle.

Please i want you to email me more pictures if is still available both the exterior and interior.
    Due to my conditions i would not be able to view the vehicle at present because i'm heavily pregnant,and the distance as well.
    My personal circumstances do not allow me to travel ,like wise my husband is away on a business trip.
    According to the Features of the vehicle and the Full Description of the vehicle i read on the advert page I'm fully satisfied.

I will make an offer of £7,100 inclusive the advert fees just because i know the worth of the vehicle and more so what you' ve stated about the vehicle details in the advert page and the maintenance of the vehicle you've spent so far since you bought the vehicle.
    Presently we are located in Channel Islands.

I will take care of the shipment I had already consult a private shipping company who's going to handle it professionally for me both the shipping cost and other necessary activities concerning the shipment of the vehicle.

Though the shipping company still have some furniture to ship for me in Western Isles i have made it clear to him that your location will be his first arrival before moving down to any other destination.
    Cleared funds would have to be obtained prior to the sale.
    The money would CLEAR into your bank account before any transaction would take place.
    My preferred method of payment is by bankers draft or Cheque in a (GBP) that's the only option and safest way for me to transfer CASH which am going to instruct my business associate to post you a bankers draft via post office.

The bankers draft is going to clear in your bank within 3 to 5 working days days before i shall take the possession of the vehicle .
    Hopefully to hear back from you today in order to proceed further with the payment and shipping arrangements as soon as possible.
    Bankers draft only required your

FULL NAME and your POSTAL ADDRESS.

In my next email i shall let you know the details that is required from you to enable the bankers draft gets to you by post office.
    I look forward hearing back from you today.

Cheers
    Mrs Shaw

Just goes to show how many people try and scam us, well i thought i would share with you that it has happend to me as well! luckily enough didnt fall for it!

Thanks

Dave

Thread Information