Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: General Photography Competition #126

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Which is exactly why I visit rarely nowadays (except problems with the law then).
    You see Fisetdavid? This is the kind of stuff that makes picking on Drakkie worthy.
    He is like a "piñata": you hit him and down comes a goodie!
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Congratulations on picking on a guy who only submitted a picture in a photography competition. I understand you don't like him, but as moderators (and even the man behind this website) I would expect a better behavior. My two cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Which is exactly why I visit rarely nowadays (except problems with the law then). It's a great community, but the highly hostile attitude of the mods and leading team makes it very unwelcoming for new and old members. Basically nothing except what they are used to is good. A little bit more of an open focus wouldn't harm anyone. Benefit of the doubt principle and not slashing anyone's head off when it sticks above the corn field.
    Oh come on. I just explained what the proper terminology for the type of shot was. It's Mister-Know-It-All's attitude that has given this thread a bit of turn. If he for once just accepted that he was wrong there would have been no problem at all. Yet instead he comes back and throws that ridiculous smiley in my face without thinking twice about my post. All I ask is for him to think before he posts.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    You see Fisetdavid? This is the kind of stuff that makes picking on Drakkie worthy.
    He is like a "piñata": you hit him and down comes a goodie!
    Haha, I don't mind you guys picking on him as much as you want when he makes stupid comments (i.e. snapping poor cat's necks) but in this particular case he didn't do anything. The mods are just ridiculing his work in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Oh come on. I just explained what the proper terminology for the type of shot was. It's Mister-Know-It-All's attitude that has given this thread a bit of turn. If he for once just accepted that he was wrong there would have been no problem at all. Yet instead he comes back and throws that ridiculous smiley in my face without thinking twice about my post. All I ask is for him to think before he posts.
    I also think that's his problem. I had nothing against what you told him before the idiot part. That was unnecessary.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Haha, I don't mind you guys picking on him as much as you want when he makes stupid comments (i.e. snapping poor cat's necks) but in this particular case he didn't do anything. The mods are just ridiculing his work in this thread.
    I ask of the mods to act exactly the same as they would if they were not moderators. Only when they use their additional powers should they make the most sensible of decisions.

I also think that's his problem. I had nothing against what you told him before the idiot part. That was unnecessary.
    That was after the smiley. As soon he uses that in a post directed to me, it's gloves off. But again that example was just used to emphasize my point and to explain why he made his mistake.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    IBrake4Rainbows
    "Commonwealth Av"
    Lake Burley Griffin
    16/02/2008
    Canon EOS 400D.
    beauty shot. i love symmetry, and i think the absolute only thing that could have improved it was the sun location, casting shadows.
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

Will you people stop ruining my photo competition, I'm not trying to run a daycare centre here.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Oh come on. I just explained what the proper terminology for the type of shot was.
    Which I later replied to in a friendly manner, after your correction. Small mistake on my side, friendly thanks back for correcting me. What do I do wrong here ?

It's Mister-Know-It-All's attitude that has given this thread a bit of turn.
    I am sorry, but you have this attitude quite severely. It's about time you realised that.

If he for once just accepted that he was wrong there would have been no problem at all.
    I did. And if you dislike smilies so much, why don't you delete them from the board altoghether ? Quite odd to see your smiley hatred is always focused on one person using them. You can hardly call 1 smiley excessive use or anything.

Yet instead he comes back and throws that ridiculous smiley in my face without thinking twice about my post.
    The ridiculous smiley will not be featured on ucp in the future I guess then ?

All I ask is for him to think before he posts.
    Point taken and will be done. May I ask you for a favor as well then ? Try and envision how you are seen by many. I know I am certainly not alone in this view, without calling names, but you honestly seem like a pretty arrogant person that always knows best. How do you think that comes across when you accuse others of being arrogant ? Think about it please and try to do the same as me, improve yourself every do.

I think it'd be wise to continue this discussion elsewhere now and leave the thread to it's originally intended goal.

You are too kind.

(Ted Joans)

now back to our regularly scheduled broadcast

How 'bout some snow pictures?

kvisser
    paint branch ice
    1_22_08
    fuji S3 pro / 1.4 50mm nikon lens / no photoshop

Attached Images Attached Images

Smithy
    "Love"
    The Louvre
    Canon A640

Quote Originally Posted by <AAA-MOD> View Post
    beauty shot. i love symmetry, and i think the absolute only thing that could have improved it was the sun location, casting shadows.
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

I'm planning on entering a pic of my wife this week, hopefully Cotterik won't bash me

cmcpokey
    prickley
    january 2008
    nikon d80

Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

I'm planning on entering a pic of my wife this week, hopefully Cotterik won't bash me
    uh oh... we'll all lose.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    I'm planning on entering a pic of my wife this week
    that's cheating... haha

<AAA-MOD>
    Lunar Eclipse @ -14 deg C, Elmira, Ontario
    35min ago (20-Feb-08 10:22pm)
    Canon 20D
    F2.8, 1/3 sec, ISO 800
    untouched, except for cropping
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

Thread Information