Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glare Issue

what about..

Quote Originally Posted by Manik View Post
    I have to say I'm satisfied.
    What about her? ; )

As far as lens quality, I've finally started to step up to the higher quality lens. What is really gratifying is seeing some of the sharpness results using lower f-stops allowing for greater composition freedom. You get to shoot stuff you didn't think of before.
    i've been hunting down craigslist looking for 2.8 Nikon stuff. I've found some pretty nice lens that way.

If you are looking for a place to start, consider the 35/50mm 1.4 or cheaper 1.8 prime lens. You, in effect, become the zoom but the sharpness is really fun to chase.

Have fun!

ken

below images all shot with my 1.4 50mm Nikon with a FujiS3 pro

Impressive.

Indeed they are nice and sharp, I have been looking at buying the 50mm 1.8 II, as I have only heard good feedback about it. Although there was the original version, called just the Mk, which I think had a metal mount, I believe that would be worth finding...
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Quote Originally Posted by Manik View Post
    Indeed they are nice and sharp, I have been looking at buying the 50mm 1.8 II, as I have only heard good feedback about it. Although there was the original version, called just the Mk, which I think had a metal mount, I believe that would be worth finding...
    Honestly, I'd just get either the 1.8 II or the 1.4. The 1.8 I is going to be harder to find, you're going to have to buy it used (which isn't necessarily a problem) and you're going to pay significantly more than a new 1.8 II. I had a 1.8 II and was pretty happy with it, but upgraded to the 1.4 for a number of reasons (better build, USM, metal mount, etc). The 1.8 II is about as good as it gets when it comes to bang for your buck.
    www.Desert-Motors.com - mag.Desert-Motors.com

Quote Originally Posted by pat_ernzen View Post
    Honestly, I'd just get either the 1.8 II or the 1.4. The 1.8 I is going to be harder to find, you're going to have to buy it used (which isn't necessarily a problem) and you're going to pay significantly more than a new 1.8 II. I had a 1.8 II and was pretty happy with it, but upgraded to the 1.4 for a number of reasons (better build, USM, metal mount, etc). The 1.8 II is about as good as it gets when it comes to bang for your buck.
    Yeah, thats what I've been hearing. They say you get what you pay for, with Canons 50mm being one of the few exceptions.

But one of the main reasons I plan to buy it is because I'll be attending quite a few local car shows and doing some indoor school photography, this lens if nice and fast for that kind of low light photography.
    Last edited by Manik; 02-25-2008 at 08:50 PM.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Thread Information