View Poll Results: Who is the worst ex or current leader?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz (Saudi Arabia)

0 0%
  • H. Chavez (Venezuela)

5 7.35%
  • F. Castro (Cuba)

4 5.88%
  • G. 'Dubya' Bush (USA)

13 19.12%
  • R. Mugabe (Zimbabwe)

17 25.00%
  • Kim Jong-IL (North Korea)

20 29.41%
  • Hosni Mubarak (Egypt)

0 0%
  • King Mswait III (Swaziland)

0 0%
  • Omar al-Bashir (Sudan)

0 0%
  • T. Blair (England)

0 0%
  • Than Shwe (Myanmar)

3 4.41%
  • Hu Jintao (China)

0 0%
  • M. Qaddafi (Libya)

1 1.47%
  • P. Musharraf (Pakistan)

0 0%
  • V. Putin (Russia)

5 7.35%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [POLL] Worst living leader?

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    Reagan is dead. i dunno about thatcher.
    oh dear

in the POLL ..... IN THE POLL
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    People voting for Castro really show how propaganda can shape people's opinions.
    So killings of thousands of "counter-revolutionaries", political prisoners not to mention labor camps in the 1960s, decades of suppressing religion, and his government's robbery of Cuba's wealth is all propaganda of course. I don't think he is the worst leader ever but he is a terrible person who exploited Cuba and almost started a nuclear war.

I don't know much about many of these leaders. I gotta research them first, to really give a true answer.

Right now, my opinion is for Mr. Kim.

Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
    While you're at it, look up Saparmurat Niyazov of Turkmenistan. He died in December 2006, but some of the decrees of this "president for life" are frighteningly absurd. He closed all libraries and hospitals outside the capital city (Ashgabat) because the common people "don't read books" and sick people should come to the capital for treatment. Meanwhile, there's a gold statue of him in Ashgabat that rotates to always face the sun.

My vote goes to Kim Jong-Il, but Robert Mugabe is a close second.
    UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
    UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy (in VA) View Post
    While you're at it, look up Saparmurat Niyazov of Turkmenistan.
    if still alive he would have been a strong candidate indeed

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...tral-asia.html

Quote Originally Posted by MRR View Post
    So killings of thousands of "counter-revolutionaries", political prisoners not to mention labor camps in the 1960s, decades of suppressing religion, and his government's robbery of Cuba's wealth is all propaganda of course. I don't think he is the worst leader ever but he is a terrible person who exploited Cuba and almost started a nuclear war.
    I did not say that he wasn't a dictator, but of the people listed he ranks no where near the top. His methods can not be justified, but I don't think he was really out to make the lives of his citizens living hell. However to make his system work he had to turn to violence, which shows it is brutally flawed. The economic boycot has not helped either ...

His antics do not come close to the oppression and destructive nature of several of the others on the list.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I put George because his cluster**** is quite rapidly bringing down half the world...

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax13 View Post
    I put George because his cluster**** is quite rapidly bringing down half the world...
    Why does every post I see of you include a set of four asterisks?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

*****, feel better now???...

Quote Originally Posted by MRR View Post

He killed thousands of US backed contras and right wing paramilitaries, those political prisoners were arrested for promoting the overthrow of the government and such like, which you KNOW would get you imprisoned in the US, he didnt rob any wealth from Cuba because after the US embargo and the fall of the Soviet Union there was no one to trade with, so they had very little income to rob. Now the nuclear war, c'mon man, you cant tell me you wouldnt agree to a nuclear missile base if one of the largest countries in the world was attacking you???...

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    he's a KGB agent. all he and his government does nothing but stirs political situation in whole europe, still thinking russia is empire and all east europe is under his command. life without him would be much much easier for europe. basically, putin is a dictator with incorrigible ambitions. still he's better than rulers of africa
    Do you think anyone not related to KGB could get Russia up again? I don't believe that. We needed a strong leader after <you know who> ruined the Soviet Union (by this I mean a huge and a very strong country, and not communists), and we got it. Yes, many countries don't like him, but is it really him who 'stirs political situation in whole Europe'? I though it was Bush's government who supported separation of Kosovo, which involved separatist moods in Scotland, Northern Ireland, Basques in Spain, in France (sorry, I don't remember which part exactly), another Balcan countries, Cyprus, etcetera. And then, those madnesses in Georgia, Ukraine...blah-blah-blah..those rockets...
    In fact, I don't want to fall in politics here, but I like him a lot - he's the one we needed for so long.

Well Putin has been trading arms with China and theyre finding Russian arms in Iraq and Afghanistan, and by Russian i dont mean old Soviet era Kalashnikovs and what not. This is all rumor put out by the US but Putin is definately not the most trustworthy geezer and dont write off the KGB history, that shows that hes not adversed to brutality to get what he wants...

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    People voting for Castro really show how propaganda can shape people's opinions.
    So does people voting for bush, that many at least...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    So does people voting for bush, that many at least...
    the problem is that his poor leadership has had the biggest impact.....

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    the problem is that his poor leadership has had the biggest impact.....
    In the news.

Last time I checked the U.S is still a stable democracy that is not in economic ruin. Also Bush is not soley responsible for Iraq.

He is not the worst "leader" because the people he is "leading" are better off then in many other countries.
    Last edited by The_Canuck; 02-26-2008 at 02:47 PM.

Thread Information