View Poll Results: Who is the worst ex or current leader?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz (Saudi Arabia)

0 0%
  • H. Chavez (Venezuela)

5 7.35%
  • F. Castro (Cuba)

4 5.88%
  • G. 'Dubya' Bush (USA)

13 19.12%
  • R. Mugabe (Zimbabwe)

17 25.00%
  • Kim Jong-IL (North Korea)

20 29.41%
  • Hosni Mubarak (Egypt)

0 0%
  • King Mswait III (Swaziland)

0 0%
  • Omar al-Bashir (Sudan)

0 0%
  • T. Blair (England)

0 0%
  • Than Shwe (Myanmar)

3 4.41%
  • Hu Jintao (China)

0 0%
  • M. Qaddafi (Libya)

1 1.47%
  • P. Musharraf (Pakistan)

0 0%
  • V. Putin (Russia)

5 7.35%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [POLL] Worst living leader?

Just looking at whos been voted for shows how little people one this site know about what their talking about. Some of WORST on that list dont have a single vote, not to mention people seem to lack adbstract thinking in the sense that theyre saying some first world countries dont have one of the worst simply because theyre ruling a first world country...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Last time I checked the U.S is still a stable democracy that is not in economic ruin. Also Bush is not soley responsible for Iraq.
    Sub-prime mortgage.
    Interest rate panics.
    Budget deficit
    Trading deficit
    "stable" ?

Iraq -- OK, who else then ? ANd Blair doesn't count as he was GWBs lapdog and desperate to become "famous"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I was going to vote for my beloved Chavez... But I can't ignore Kim Jong-IL.

America isnt a stable democracy, its anything but. With the thousands of neglected troops coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan you have a vital part of violent revolution coming into play. Here read this article post on Guerrilla News Network, GNN is one of the best sites for finding news on countless issues from around the globe...

AlterNet: Democracy and Elections: When Change Is Not Enough: Seven Steps to Revolution

its interesting to read all your comments, sadly, there is a 15 slot maximum to each poll, I would have liked to put some others in there like the Iranian political and supreme leaders, and possibly some more sub saharan african leaders

I voted for Mugabe because the effect he's had on his country and its people is so ridiculous, its as if he's trying to get Razzie for leadership or something; that guy is in a league of his own; inflation in Zimb is at %100,000.

Also, I've gotta say, the one guy I think least belongs on the list, is Putin, but i was curious to see how many would choose him.
    Last edited by aiasib; 02-26-2008 at 06:41 PM.

Unfortunately Ahmaracistazhole isn't on the list, he would have got my vote.

I voted for Mugabe, but it was close between Kim Jong-Il, V. Chavez, the Burmese Military and Bush
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Lovin' all the comedy "hurr America dumb" votes.

Bush isn't great, by a long shot, but this is the worst living leader. I really don't think he's the worst out of some of the people on that list.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

i went for mugabe for ruining a country that was reasonably well off - zimbabwe used to be quite prosperous and provided food for the region... now they're going to need UN aid shipments. such a shame, way to squander a country
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    I don't see why people would vote for Bush. Don't get my wrong I'm highly anti-Bush however there are far worse political leaders than him.
    I voted for him because he had the "resources" to do good things and instead decided to take the other route $$$...

And resources that none of the other "leaders" have. he could have really made a difference in the entire world, instead i'm sure that like the others, he will not be missed.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
    Lovin' all the comedy "hurr America dumb" votes.

Bush isn't great, by a long shot, but this is the worst living leader. I really don't think he's the worst out of some of the people on that list.
    I have already told why I voted for him - the US makes much more sense in the world than almost any of the above countries, maybe even the most, so he appears to be the one who is listened to and followed. I don't think he's a best candidate for this...

Well, I can speak much longer on this, but anyway... let it be Bush, Putin, Chavez, Ben Laden, Santa Claus etc - you'll never get the objective point of view - everyone lives in some country, and all of them are somehow involved in politics in the world, and any country has its relations with the rest world - they may support the Iraq war or be agaist it, they may accept our gas prices or request to lower it viceversa. Moreover, since we live in informational age, every country tries to provide its people with the information that is needed for its policy.

There's no objective opinion...

I'm gonna have to say Kim here, frankly because the man's an idiot...

P.S, i'm glad you only associated T.Blair with England
    May the downforce be with you

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax13 View Post
    He killed thousands of US backed contras and right wing paramilitaries, those political prisoners were arrested for promoting the overthrow of the government and such like, which you KNOW would get you imprisoned in the US, he didnt rob any wealth from Cuba because after the US embargo and the fall of the Soviet Union there was no one to trade with, so they had very little income to rob.
    MadMax, after the last couple weeks going back and forth with you and reading this rediculous post im convinced that approximately 84% of the time your dont actually think or do any research on what you are writing. (but go ahead and copy and paste this to the castro thread so we can discuss the lunacy i dont wanna hijack this thread)

That said, I do have to agree with you in that i dont think Castro is as bad as kim jong and a few others on this list I'd say he's top 3-5. Personally i hate him more than any other leader on this list on account of all the crap he's done to my family and friends. But objectively he's not nearly as bad as kim jong.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax13 View Post
    Just looking at whos been voted for shows how little people one this site know about what their talking about. Some of WORST on that list dont have a single vote, not to mention people seem to lack adbstract thinking in the sense that theyre saying some first world countries dont have one of the worst simply because theyre ruling a first world country...

Well, since there's quite a couple of votes for Mugabe, I'll go into defensive mode.

Mugabe has overseen the murder and slaughter of hundreds if not thousands of "imperialist" farmers, "repossessing" their farms and in the process cutting his country's own food-supply.

The prices go up, daily, at such a ridiculous rate that Zim's currency can't keep up. The joke of a single sheet of toilet paper being more valuable than 1 Zim dollar can probably be re-told as being more valuable than 1000 Zim dollars today.

Food is disappearing. Political opponents are tortured and in some cases butchered. The masses are blackmailed with death, rape, torture etc. if they do not vote for the Zanu PF, and btw. the "democratic" voting process is rigged in any event.

This leads to perhaps and in all likelihood more than a million Zim citizens fleeing across the Zimbabwean borders, most of them flat-broke and forced to commit crime to survive. A lot of that crime, in fact I'd be willing to say most, involves taking an innocent life...

But maybe you're right, maybe Mugabe doesn't deserve to be labeled the worst leader alive today. I know of a certain president of a certain neighboring country that openly accepts Mugabe's actions. Hell, I've seen a less-than-6-month-old pic of the two smiling and holding hands just the other day.
    Maybe that "leader" deserves this award more than Mugabe does...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari330P4 View Post
    Unfortunately Ahmaracistazhole isn't on the list, he would have got my vote.
    America is the asshole is represented by George Bush, if that's the way you were trying to vote.

Thread Information