Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Studio M/Studio Torino Maserati Cinqueporte Concept

I don't get it Cov. Why are people not allowed to like a car/concept?

I'm pretty sure you hate the Enzo. How many hours were put into designing that?

I think it could use a little fine-tuning, but overall I don't have a problem with it. There's something very English about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    How can you appreciate something if you do not understand it?
    Who says I don't? Do I need to know how to play instruments, to appreciate good music?

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    This conversion could be, under the surface, an amazing feat of ingenuity and an example of first class design.
    This is a scale model, so there's nothing under the surface as of now. At least nothing has been presented yet. I was judging the looks, not "under the surface" quality.

It could be the best possible interpretation of a difficult/awkward brief.
    There's nothing awkward in making a wagon out of a saloon. There have been plenty of good designs of such cars. Plus, "the best result possible" doesn't necessarily equal "good result".

If you are happy enough to make your opinion clear in a public forum, you should be equally happy to make your opinion clear to the designers.
    Ah, so now you're rebuking me for posting my opinions on the forum?

Ucp guidelines, point 1: "A forum is a space for debate and opinion exchanging."

Quote Originally Posted by opinionated pri..., uh, I mean Coventrysucks
    You seemed so proud of your right to an opinion earlier... why hesitate now?
    The car was privately commissioned. The person who commissioned it, probably likes the result, seeing as the design has been publicly presented. So why should it be of any interest to them what I think about the car?
    I'm not a prospective buyer anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by go.pawel; 03-05-2008 at 02:19 AM.
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

I understand what CovSucks is saying here guys. He might just not be expressing it properly.

As a designer for the most part the end product is merely the result of a process. It's the process which helps you understand the detailing of the vehicle and why things turn out the way they do. It helps you better understand the resolution to what is a long journey for designers.

While you can say the end product is not successful for a plethora of reasons, if you don't understand the process behind how it came to be you end up with very shallow commentary.

And for the record, I think the resolution is not well conceived. Mostly due to the design of the rear quarter panel, which obviously looks carry over and was likely a constraint of the design.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    I understand what CovSucks is saying here guys. He might just not be expressing it properly.

As a designer for the most part the end product is merely the result of a process. It's the process which helps you understand the detailing of the vehicle and why things turn out the way they do. It helps you better understand the resolution to what is a long journey for designers.

While you can say the end product is not successful for a plethora of reasons, if you don't understand the process behind how it came to be you end up with very shallow commentary.

And for the record, I think the resolution is not well conceived. Mostly due to the design of the rear quarter panel, which obviously looks carry over and was likely a constraint of the design.
    I understand that, however that doesn't change the fact that I don't like it at all. What can I do then? Do I post my opinion, which is what a forum is for, or refrain from posting completely? Or perhaps we can only post positive opinions?

At the end of the day, as go.pawel said, if the costumer likes the design everything is fine. We don't have to buy it, nor we have comissioned it.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Something tells me Coventry is gonna be flamed as hell next time he makes a negative comment about a car...
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I don't get it Cov. Why are people not allowed to like a car/concept?
    Did I say people aren't allowed to do anything?

Saying it is causing you to feel horror, dread or fear might be a bit much though; - it is only a small volume added to the back of a Quattroporte, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by go.pawel View Post

Ucp guidelines, point 1: "A forum is a space for debate and opinion exchanging."

What is the problem? I'm not stopping you, or telling you not to, I've even provided you with the opportunity to put your opinion to the actual designers. (you have enough time free to reply to me, so, presumably you have emailed them, no?)

Quote Originally Posted by go.pawel View Post
    So why should it be of any interest to them what I think about the car?
    One second you say that what you think about the car is really important, and the next it is not of interest...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I understand that, however that doesn't change the fact that I don't like it at all. What can I do then? Do I post my opinion, which is what a forum is for, or refrain from posting completely? Or perhaps we can only post positive opinions?
    If opinions and expressing them are so important, why are you both putting more effort into replying to me than you did in commenting on the design?

If opinions and expressing them are so important, why not forward them to the designers?

I can't see why it deserves such harsh criticism.

Having spent time comparing the model, and realising it is only a model, and being familiar with the drawbacks of models, with the original saloon it is clear that it is a very neat conversion.

It is integrated nicely with the rest of the design, the additional volume is disguised well, and in incorporated without the need to alter very much of the existing car.

The C-pillar may not be the height of outright automotive styling excellence, however, it needs to be there, and within the constraints and limitations of the design brief, it is not hard to figure out that outright automotive styling excellence is a touch optimistic in this instance - with this sort of conversion there has to be a compromise, and this compromise is realised very well.

I'd like to see anyone's suggestions for improving it, whilst keeping the original structures, providing the additional support necessary, maximising interior space, etc, etc, etc...

It does not frighten me at all, either.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    If opinions and expressing them are so important, why are you both putting more effort into replying to me than you did in commenting on the design?
    Becuase it is my opinion that we should be able to express our opinion? Or something...

Look, it was just an opinion on a car in a car forum. Nothing else. Don't take it so personally and so seriously.

My suggestion? Just don't do a Quattroporte estate...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post

At the end of the day, as go.pawel said, if the costumer likes the design everything is fine. We don't have to buy it, nor we have comissioned it.
    Well for starters what you can do is not get involved in a flame war. that doesn't reflect well on either of you.

expressing an opinion is fine. but Opinions must be based upon fact and reasoning. Not just a blanket statement.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    but Opinions must be based upon fact and reasoning. Not just a blanket statement.
    can you repeat this holy words in all other posts of the forum please???
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information