Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Increased violence in Israel, and to likely increase

Quote Originally Posted by Gt1Street View Post
    at the moment there is reletive quietness, even though there was a suicide bombing last night at a holy place in the holy city no move has been taken so far.

the only move for the moment is a closure on the borders.

which is another sad thing, we cannot close them because then people wont get necessities such as gas, food, water and medicine but then again as soon as they are open some militant group takes advantage of that and starts smugling firearms and what not and even if not then Hamas seizes the goods and sells them to the highest bidders.

its a lose lose situatuion both for Israel and for Gaza and the West Bank.
    There were no bombs set off - the terrorist(s) did have explosive belts, but "only" guns went off.

Where in Israel are you, by the way?
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ View Post
    There were no bombs set off - the terrorist(s) did have explosive belts, but "only" guns went off.

Where in Israel are you, by the way?
    right, sorry for missinformation...

Well, I live in Lod (near Ben Gurion airport) and work in Ramat Gan.
    But then again I go about all over the country (its easy when its as small as ours)

How long are you here for ?
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

I am here until the end of Purim, then back to the states I go. I'm in Jerusalem for the time being, but I'll be a bit South of Tel Aviv as of tonight for 2 days.

do you have access to your msn messanger account ?

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Unfortunately, no. I forgot the password, and I could not bring my own computer here. Pathetic, I know

well, then its PM's I guess

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    the real sadness is that they are worshiping the same myth.
    I never asked, why are you so sure that "no God exists"? I am certainly not religous but even as a scientific type of guy am not set against the existance of a God as you seem to be.

edit: My heart goes out to those involved with this violence, news thus far is of no slowdown or peace talks.
    Last edited by jediali; 03-07-2008 at 01:58 AM.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    I never asked, why are you so sure that "no God exists"? I am certainly not religous but even as a scientific type of guy am not set against the existance of a God as you seem to be.
    There is no proof that can conclusively prove god exists or does not exist.

Agnosticism is the rational solution.

I am not sure that no "whatever" exists. Nobody can be sure, which gives nobody a reason to tell me what I should believe or not.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    Why do you feel more attention is not payed to moderate muslims? we see all the time extremists calling for violence, but the yearly fatwas denouncing terrorism? You might see them for a moment and then they're forgotten.
    This is a common misconception. Why should perfectly decent people speak up because a group of people who are completely unrelated to them do something despicable? It's like asking everybody from my area to defend the people from this area after Drakkie does something ridiculous again. There are two groups of people at fault here and the moderate Muslims are certainly not among them. At fault are the people that abuse religion to serve their own personal agenda and those that confuse said religion with said agenda.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

which gives nobody a reason to tell me what I should believe or not.
    I think i get you but Whos telling you what to believe?

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    There are two groups of people at fault here and the moderate Muslims are certainly not among them. At fault are the people that abuse religion to serve their own personal agenda and those that confuse said religion with said agenda.
    Well phrased. Im not quite sure what to conclude but I am quite sure human corruption has a large part to play, in whatever capacity.
    autozine.org

Well phrased. Im not quite sure what to conclude but I am quite sure human corruption has a large part to play, in whatever capacity.
    Power corrupts.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I think history has provided us with numerous examples of people who were trying to convince others that their belief is the only one that is the truth, and that in many cases those same people have forced their beliefs upon others. (I am sure you remember for instance the Spanish Inquisition).
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Currently it is not so much people telling me what to believe, but what to do. Actually what not to do. There are many countries where religious believes prevent people from making decisions for themselves. Abortion or homosexuality are subjects that come to mind ...

(Ted Joans)

the real sadness is that they are worshiping the same myth.
    different people live for different values. what can be a truth value if not religious believes
    12 cylinders or walk!

Thread Information