Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    kvisser, was there an original Thomas Flyer at the Concours?
    There were 14 Thomas Flyers at the concours including the one that went around the world. That won best of show I believe. I have to get to that corner of the pictures to post some up.

cheers

ken

Quote Originally Posted by kvisser View Post
    There were 14 Thomas Flyers at the concours including the one that went around the world. That won best of show I believe. I have to get to that corner of the pictures to post some up.

cheers

ken
    Yep, that winning car is what I was asking about. Thanks
    Just preparing to see it live in July during a 2008 Great Race

Yep, that winning car is what I was asking about. Thanks
    Just preparing to see it live in July during a 2008 Great Race
    The Thomas Flyer is such a great car to shoot. There are so many external details to focus on. You'll enjoy seeing it.

Here are a couple I took at the end of the day.

What are the specs on the Great Race you are attending?

regards

ken
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Thomas Flyer is such a great car to shoot. There are so many external details to focus on. You'll enjoy seeing it.

Here are a couple I took at the end of the day.

What are the specs on the Great Race you are attending?

regards

ken
    Well, not to make any misunderstanding, I won't participate, I'll just go and look at the cars whe they'll arrive to Moscow and stay here for some days.

The info about participating cars is present at the official website (greatrace.com => The Great Race 2008 in the above menu => The Participants). There is also a schedule and much more info.

BTW, if anyone will be there, let me know

EDIT: and yes, great shots. Many thanks!

Awesome photos, Ken! Do you have the first pic in post 33 in a higher resolution? It would make a great desktop!

1939 Alfa Tipo 256 Aero Berlineta Coupe

Here is a very rare car that I had never heard of. Its a 1939 Alfa Romeo Tipo 256 Aero Berlineta Coupe. Once the owner gets back we will shoot it more extensively.

cheers

ken

Great pictures/a question about the Alfa

Here is a very rare car that I had never heard of. Its a 1939 Alfa Romeo Tipo 256 Aero Berlineta Coupe. Once the owner gets back we will shoot it more extensively.

cheers

ken
    Hello Ken,

Thank you for the great pictures!

A had a look in the book 'Alfa Romeo 6C 2500' written by Angelo Tito Anselmi, published by Editorale Domus in 1993. It shows a similar car with Milano plates reading MI-49865 driving the 'Grand Premio delle Mille Miglia' on the 28th of April 1940. It was apparently driven by Trossi-Lucchi.

Could you find out which car you photographed when you meet the owner?

Thanks and ciao, Olaf
    Zagato_Olaf (Olaf Roeten)
    -------------------------
    GT 1300 Junior Zagato 1972 (#1801112)
    GT 1300 Junior Lusso 1974
    Giulia Nuova Super 1600 Lusso 1977
    Alfa Sud 5M 1980 (R.I.P.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zagato_Olaf View Post
    Hello Ken,

Thank you for the great pictures!

A had a look in the book 'Alfa Romeo 6C 2500' written by Angelo Tito Anselmi, published by Editorale Domus in 1993. It shows a similar car with Milano plates reading MI-49865 driving the 'Grand Premio delle Mille Miglia' on the 28th of April 1940. It was apparently driven by Trossi-Lucchi.

Could you find out which car you photographed when you meet the owner?

Thanks and ciao, Olaf
    Hi Olaf,

We are not sure but this could possibly be the same car, it was shown at Het Loo in 2003, and was then owned by the Deventer Car Museum.

1939 Alfa Romeo 6C 2500 SS Le Mans Berlinetta - Images, Specifications and Information
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

The San Giorgi Recreation used Chassis Number #915.513. This Car was build in Holland and was sold for a Record Price.
    The Car at Amelia use Chassis Number #923.882.
    There are two possibilitys, two different Replicas, or they changed the ID Number. But the Amelia Car has a Side Vent in the rear part, which San Giorgis Car did not.
    No Original Car survives.
    Regards
    Jörg

EDIT: and yes, great shots. Many thanks!
    Likewise many thanks to the posters for sharing these terrific images

Quote Originally Posted by Odin View Post
    The San Giorgi Recreation used Chassis Number #915.513. This Car was build in Holland and was sold for a Record Price.
    The Car at Amelia use Chassis Number #923.882.
    There are two possibilitys, two different Replicas, or they changed the ID Number. But the Amelia Car has a Side Vent in the rear part, which San Giorgis Car did not.
    No Original Car survives.
    Regards
    Jörg
    very interesting, thanks.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

sorry for taking so long to post these... i havent been on much due to unusually long working hours, and a distinct lack of weekends.

either way here is my set for my trip. without the press pass, i had to put up with huge amounts of people, so they areny as clean as ken's. hope you enjoy:

Amelia Island Concourse D'Elegance - a set on Flickr
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

funny

Its funny how you cannot cover an event this big by yourself. Nice shots. Its hard working with all those people running around. You got some stuff that I missed. I'm really mad at myself for not having caught the show winners at the end of the day at the pond.

Thanks for sharing.

ken

If you don't have special credentials it's best to wait until around 3-3:30pm when the crowd begins to thin.

yeah. i was there on sunday and we wanted to watch the winners. although we were sitting in the stands and got absolutely roasted. before they got to Best in Show we had to get out of the sun, we were just getting burned too badly. so missed that part. but it was pretty cool.

it appears that i'll be moving to Monterey, CA later this year, so it will be Pebble from here on out.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thread Information