Thread: will evo exhaust fit?

will evo exhaust fit?

will the evo exhaust fit on my 2003 OZ?

It should, it is the same car after all. Probably some changes when attaching it to the headers since the engines are different, but that can be easily done.

Call the Mistsubishi dealership
    Last edited by Niko_Fx; 05-02-2004 at 11:39 AM.

well its not the same car ... not by a long shot
    but the basic base of the chassis is the same although the evo has been reinforced with spot welds, and other stress bearing supports added.

by evo exhaust what do u mean? muffler? manafold? downpipe?
    it will probably work but it would be much better to replace yours with an exhaust designed for ur car

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    well its not the same car ... not by a long shot
    but the basic base of the chassis is the same
    That's what I meant obviously, if he's getting a down pipe it's probably going to be the same length. The engines are different but the attachment of the pipe to the headers can be easily done.

it will probably work but it would be much better to replace yours with an exhaust designed for ur car
    True.
    Last edited by Niko_Fx; 05-02-2004 at 05:12 PM.

I'm talking about the cat-back exhaust.. I know that the exhaust from an evo is going to be a lot less restrictive due to the fact that it is comming off of a turbocharged car. I figured Ide research it because a kid that I know has an evo and is getting an aftermarket exhaust and if I could use his factory exhaust I could save some money.

thanks for all the help guys

Quote Originally Posted by 2003oz
    I'm talking about the cat-back exhaust.. I know that the exhaust from an evo is going to be a lot less restrictive due to the fact that it is comming off of a turbocharged car. I figured Ide research it because a kid that I know has an evo and is getting an aftermarket exhaust and if I could use his factory exhaust I could save some money.

thanks for all the help guys
    Just be careful... a friend of mine put an entirely new exhaust system on his MR2 (including de-cat because people from his island don't need to take emissions tests). Anyway, it's got noticeably more top-end power, but it's got a huge loss in the lower end. If he wants hard highway passing acceleration, he actually needs to do a 5-3 shift. If you ask me, it wasn't worth it... it'll probably work out fine for you, just be careful what you're getting.

less resistance doesnt always mean better response
    its actually good to keep a bit back pressure in the exhaust because that way the velocity of the exhaust stays constant
    when the exhaust moves and a constant velocity it leaves a vacume at the end (the manafold) which helps extract the exahust gasses from each piston stroke.

Thread Information