Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Automotive Enthusiast Stereotypes.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    People assume because I drive a Volvo I'm an easy beat
    Odd. I figured you were middle aged domestic housewife.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

You figure correctly.

Slowbalt-er.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

well, depends on what they're driving
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

My friends know I'm into cars. They know I hate ricers/FnF/drifting. I don't bring it up in conversation unless asked. It's actually pretty funny sometimes. When we're walking around or driving, if my friend's see a ridiculous looking riced car, they'll purposely turn to me and say "Damn, look at that car. It's soooo sikk, don't you want a car like that Damian?"

That's easy enough for me.

Nevar underestimate the powar of the Volvo, unless it's pink... Like my mates Dads...
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    LOL no, that was my mother...everytime she sees something a little diferent from the common cars, she than comes back home saying. "i saw a car...it was...mmm...low, very low....and red, yes it was red!" then i start trying to understand what car did she see, but then i realized theat i could even say "oh hell yeas, a Chrysler Town and Country" and it would be the same...
    I recognize my sister some years ago

Ahh i get the same; when a mate sees a car, even when they know what it is, they turn and look at me. I dont care, doesnt bother me. Nowadays i just keep quiet and keep my thoughts to myself; afterall, its not a 'sad' passion to have is it...

And i know what you mean Volvo owners, but sometimes it can be great fun, someone sees you have a hot Volvo and think they can 0wN you...nahhh . Happens frequently to us.

Good luck in your project, badda.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotary.freak View Post
    Lol I love Initial D, and Wangan Midnight. Corniest stuff ever but when it gets rolling i'm really into it.

Seriously speaking though, nobody ever says anything about my thing for cars. They know I'm into it but they don't stereotype me at all.

The worst is when a class mate finds out about your passion for cars and starts talking about Civics and you immediately know he's in over his head but he keeps talking and saying stupider and stupider things, and then when you drop it on him that the Civic and the Skyline GT-R aren't the best cars in the world he's completely offended and disagrees with you instantly.
    I think that it gets repetitive. The first season was pretty good. The next few got boring.

LOL no, that was my mother...everytime she sees something a little diferent from the common cars, she than comes back home saying. "i saw a car...it was...mmm...low, very low....and red, yes it was red!" then i start trying to understand what car did she see, but then i realized theat i could even say "oh hell yeas, a Chrysler Town and Country" and it would be the same...
    Haha, yeah, that happens to me too. My friends all turn to me when they want to know what car that was.

I actually get into trouble for that, because I can be distracting to my father when he drives. I spot for nice cars and yell like a maniac when I see an exotic car.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 03-18-2008 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I spot for nice cars and yell like a maniac when I see an exotic car.
    You just yell? Like 'aaaaaah'? You know, I'd think you're a maniac, too

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    i usually say "UUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!" with some kind of colored expressions...
    but when i saw my first Zonda on the Alps, unfortunately on the other lane, i drove for about 1 km looking back...screaming unknown words, of course . even my mate, totally unable to understand anything about cars if i don't speak very slowly, was astonished...
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    i usually say "UUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!" with some kind of colored expressions...
    but when i saw my first Zonda on the Alps, unfortunately on the other lane, i drove for about 1 km looking back...screaming unknown words, of course . even my mate, totally unable to understand anything about cars if i don't speak very slowly, was astonished...
    Well no.

I usually point and say the make and model real fast for the rest of my family/friends in the car. I'm an inconsiderate person. I need to remember that not everyone likes cars.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Well no.

I usually point and say the make and model real fast for the rest of my family/friends in the car. I'm an inconsiderate person. I need to remember that not everyone likes cars.
    people around me usually know about my "interests"... so i can set my emotions free...
    my father at the beginning was a little worried about my hard disk filled with cars pics...every couple of days he used to ask me "how much?" and i answered something like "20.000, getting worse...". now i am a sort of little proud for him because everytime he speaks about cars with some colleagues he can shut'em up simply repeating what i told him the evening before. and he understand better some of the things a friend of him (a doctor who used to drive an MC12 GT1 in Italian GT Championship...) tells him when they meet.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    -When I grow up, instead of being a doctor, I will be a car mechanic, despite attending a pretentious college-prep school.

Be the doctor. Seriously. You will be much happier in life. You will hate yourself and the world, then eventually cars.

I work on and paint cars for a living. Therefore, I'm expected to drive a nice, perfect condition car. Turns out, I drive a piece of rotting shit, aka nissan sentra. A fender is in primer, the bumper covers fall off, it has only 3 hubcaps, only one wheel has brakes, and half the car is spray can black. I'm also expected to be a raging alcoholic, I'm not. But I'm working on it.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

^^ Truth.

I work with bitter alcoholics. Most of them aren't even 30.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Your not 30 and your an alchoholic, so youve got two of the three down quizzigs
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Thread Information