03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    I am more facing another problem. They drive so dangerously slow that I had to brake heavily more than once for them.

One day, about two months ago, I was stuck behind one on a narrow dike around mifnight. Speed limit is 60, she drove 20. Then she stopped in the middle of nowhere and just stood there for five minutes. I couldnt turn around because a tractor stood behind me, unable to turn. Then she continued at a terryfyingly fast pace of 10 km/h. Honestly I was getting pretty pissed off there and I showed a certain finger when driving by.
    I've seen that too. However, this seems to be more in line with the typical Prius driver - the kind of person who hates cars and purposely drives a hybrid slow to show his or her discontentment with people who enjoy driving.

I do see quite a few Priuses(or Prii?) in GTA, but then again my friend and FSAE alumni from Uof Toronto opened the company HyMotion that does the plug-in coversion for the car.....so my ratio is skewed a bit....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    It may well have been a joke.
    Lies. Henk hates fun.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    You report speeders?
    maybe he just reports prius drivers....
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    I've seen that too. However, this seems to be more in line with the typical Prius driver - the kind of person who hates cars and purposely drives a hybrid slow to show his or her discontentment with people who enjoy driving.
    On the east coast they're like that. They weave through traffic at 15 over the speed limit and ride my bumper but when they get in front of me they go 15 under.

Priuses are more irritating to me than soccer moms and huge suv's.

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    I've started to notice a new trend in Los Angeles: angry Prius drivers. More and more it feels like I'm noticing Prius drivers who weave in and out of traffic, passing on the right, nail it at the light and honk if you don't go for it on yellow. I'm used to such behavior in BMW, VW and Honda drivers, in a Toyota Prius? You'd think their sense of self satisfaction from saving the Earth would mellow them out a bit, but nope.

Please let me know if this is happening in other parts of the world or if it's unique to LA.
    I only know of two in my area, but they're acting about the same. I'm starting to believe that they think they're better than everyone else, and are therefore entitled to wide open roads and everyone getting out of their royal ways. I personally enjoy bugging the hell out of them by driving more slowly once they begin to tailgate. That weave back and forth they do when they're frustrated and can't get around you (looks like race cars trying to keep the tires warm) is one of the most entertaining things you can enjoy while going the speed limit. Especially when cops pull them over for it.

I've started to actually see Prius as taxis. I wonder if they are any good in terms of fuel economy compared to convetional diesels. I guess not, therefore they must be tax exempt or something.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I've started to actually see Prius as taxis. I wonder if they are any good in terms of fuel economy compared to convetional diesels. I guess not, therefore they must be tax exempt or something.
    I dunno how well they do, but I do see Toyota Camry Hybrids and Highlander/Kluger Hybrids as taxis. The Highlander makes no sense whatsoever.

I've only seen maybe 2-3 of them around here, and none of them were really on the road so i cant say ive see similar behaviour.
    I am the Stig

i've had a prius driver gesture at me in a tunnel once, before raising their nose at me.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

i hop eyou floored it and left them chokin on your petrol fumes and tyre smoke

Thread Information