Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The New NSX (i wish)

Quote Originally Posted by kigango
    You have to admit that it hasn't lived to the expectations following the r34.
    Bigger, larger, slower and much less tunable than the r34, if anyone in this forum were given the choice, The new gtr would be crushed.
    Kigango, are you missing a chromosome or something? Why do you say such idiotic things?

The New GTR is less tunable than the R34 because A) the new car is far, far more developed then the low tune, sedan based Skyline and B) the R34 was basically unchanged since 1989.
    There is far less to do to the far more complex and far more capable new car which is great for people who will actually buy one.
    and as a side note even in super GT, Nissan wasn't confident enough with their v6 to even let it race in gt300 in the new gt-r
    They also hadn`t used the RB26 for a long time either, and the Supras used big bore V8s instead of the 2JZ. Don`t pretend you have the slightest clue why one engine is used instead of another.
    And it competes in the GT500 class, not the 300. I watched them finish 1-2 at Suzuka last week.

And as a side note, your sig is unbelievably ironic.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    Last check, it's 100%.
    Well...some magazines have yet to test the GT-R, so to cover my ass, it's better to say 99%
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by P4g4nite View Post
    There is far less to do to the far more complex and far more capable new car which is great for people who will actually buy one.
    They also hadn`t used the RB26 for a long time either, and the Supras used big bore V8s instead of the 2JZ. Don`t pretend you have the slightest clue why one engine is used instead of another.
    And it competes in the GT500 class, not the 300. I watched them finish 1-2 at Suzuka last week.

All i was saying is that i would have expected Nissan would at least have entered a skyline with the original engine in GT300 even though they entered a v8 in GT500. After all almost every skyline till 2003 and every Z till 2007 in super gt used the vq30 v6, so it had to be competitive to say the least
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123 View Post
    After all almost every skyline till 2003 and every Z till 2007 in super gt used the vq30 v6, so it had to be competitive to say the least
    Except for the V8 ones.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

All i was saying is that i would have expected Nissan would at least have entered a skyline with the original engine in GT300 even though they entered a v8 in GT500.
    That isn`t all you were saying, I read what you said and it was, as many people pointed out, ridiculous, ignorant and wrong.
    And why would Nissan or anyone, enter a GTR in GT300 when the factory car has 480bhp?
    What were you thinking?

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Except for the V8 ones.
    which in Nissan's case have only been entered in 08 and have only run 2 rounds
    Last edited by kigango123; 03-23-2008 at 08:07 PM.

That isn`t all you were saying, I read what you said and it was, as many people pointed out, ridiculous, ignorant and wrong.
    And why would Nissan or anyone, enter a GTR in GT300 when the factory car has 480bhp?
    What were you thinking?
    Indeed, Why would there be so many lambos, saleens, porshes, ford gt, even ferrari entrants in GT300 when some of them clearly make above 300, no 500 hp, What was i thinking?

Fact of the matter is that if the world likes the overly hefty and nanny protected gt-r, I do not mind but I find it rather disappointing
    Last edited by kigango123; 03-23-2008 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123 View Post
    You have to admit that it hasn't lived to the expectations following the r34.
    i don't think you've been around R34's much. I don't like the R35 because of the nanny stuff and it's potential misuse. not because it's a bad GTR. it's a very good GTR, which have always been big and heavy...want something lighter, be dissappointed in nissan for not making a 200SX.
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 03-24-2008 at 12:44 AM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

What was i thinking?
    Hell if I know, but if it seems reasonable to you that Nissan would want it`s brand spankers new flagship supercar to make it`s racing debut in detuned form competing in a lesser class when it can win in the top series...then I wish you good luck in your management career.
    Fact of the matter is that if the world likes the overly hefty and nanny protected gt-r, I do not mind but I find it rather disappointing
    Then you must find every new car dissapointing. Are you aware that GTRs were all speed limited? Fact of the matter is that the new car is an order of magnitude more capable then the old and sells for the same price.
    I am bamboozled by your describing it dissapointing, what on earth did you want it to be?

Hell if I know, but if it seems reasonable to you that Nissan would want it`s brand spankers new flagship supercar to make it`s racing debut in detuned form competing in a lesser class when it can win in the top series...then I wish you good luck in your management career.

Then you must find every new car dissapointing. Are you aware that GTRs were all speed limited? Fact of the matter is that the new car is an order of magnitude more capable then the old and sells for the same price.
    I am bamboozled by your describing it dissapointing, what on earth did you want it to be?
    true they may as well spend more time and moeny developing chassis and the rest of the car and drop in a proven race winning engine for the debut.

u never know they may be developing the V6 for Future use!!the nsx s still use v6s with large turbos yeh??

is there anyway to get JAP Super GT in UK, on DVD or Internet or TV???

Also besides amuse who have already designed their own suspension and ECU, none of the other tuning firms seem to be making any progress, between Top Secret and HKS all i saw was new exhaust,new boost controller, new intake plumbing
    ...am I missing something here? What else do you want?! Essentially, what you have there is what most tuners effectively considers as Stage 1, and to a degree 2 tuning. The car isnt even released over here until next year and the only other thing I could possibly need is a bigger turbo? Oh noes!

As for JGTC, I forget, but is it the GT300 Supra thats powered by the 3S-GTE? Best place to watch it over here is online really mate.
    -1991 Mazda MX5 Project - www.TimeAttack.co.uk

Thread Information