Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Production Hyundai Genesis Coupe Photos

Production Hyundai Genesis Coupe Photos

Quote Originally Posted by AutoBlog
    It would've been cooler had the world met the 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe on Wednesday when it's scheduled to be unveiled at the 2008 New York Auto Show. That's not how things are playing out unfortunately, what with the first batch of official pics showing up on the interweb over the weekend, and the rest appearing today (we found them on MotorTrend.com, but they surely exist elsewhere). So instead of a big surprise on Hump Day, you'll get live shots and lots of details on powertrains, the suspension, options, etc. But for now, here are the rest of Hyundai's official pics for the 2009 Genesis Coupe, including images of the car in red, more action shots and views of the interior.

New York '08 Preview: More Hyundai Genesis Coupe pics come online - Autoblog

You can't stop a liar from lying, you can't stop a slut from sleeping with everyone...and apparently, you can't stop Hyundai from building these cheap ass looking vehicles. Hyundai had a winner...affordable RWD. With that rear quarter window, those cheap looking taillights, and that UGLY lower super-plastic grill...LOSER. Not a full failure, but not the homerun this car should have been.

Maybe in the next refresh they'll fix the grill...and hopefully the taillights. The lights on a vehicle are so important. Why haven't manufacturers figured out the importance of quality exterior lights?

In other news, here is a picture of the new Maxima.

it's unfortunate that Hyundai is still stealing (maybe borrowing) styling lines onece again. The old Coupe V6 (Tiburon in N.A.) was a Ferrari 456 knock-off, and now this is totally G37.

I overlaid the G37 outline on the Genesis coupe shot..........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

While there are some details that don't quite work (like the rear quarter windows) cheap rear drive thrills are always welcomed. And I drive a BMW so I probably know nothing about style...

One thing though, how is it? Because it gives me the impression that it is much bigger than the old Coupe (I know it's not supposed to replace it).
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

It's RWD and i think they're talking about a 4cyl turbo and a v6 for it. I must admit that i don't see the ferrari in the tiburon/tuscani; but i do see the g37 in the genesis coupe.

It looks better without badging...and without the grill.
    Attached Images Attached Images

doesn't look too bad..vaguely acura like?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    doesn't look too bad..vaguely acura like?
    No. Absolutely not.

Eh, it's a Hyundai, what were you expecting? But RWD = definite win.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I don't care if it's ugly. that just means i can run it into walls without feeling bad.

could be an enthusiast winner here.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Its horrible... looks as if hyundai is stealing designs and then smashing them into walls again.

cheap + RWD = win
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    cheap + RWD = win
    +1. I'd get one just to drive the living daylights out of it.

I really think this could be one of the best decisions Hyundai could've made. It's not particularly ugly but not good looking either. Maybe an acquired taste? Tuners IMHO will be all over this.
    Previously know as "Rotary.freak"

this is a very large car for what we expect
    at the auto show, it is longer than a 350Z and more G35 like
    rear drive is good, but hyundai and the knock-off-ness is always going to be a cheap brand and cheap poor products...i am a bad gauge of this as i have nothing but disdain for the company and their stuff and staff. I did a stint there for a year or so, and i see how poorly engineered and serviced and developed all there stuff is as a Hyundai
    (everything is developed well independently engine/trans/ etc.. but put together is epic fail- hyundai buys tech and stuff from other suppliers and there is no cross engineering to make things work as well as say BMW, Mercedes BEnz, Toyota/NipponDenso/Aisin, Nissan Renault/Calsonic... these companies have everything in house and over all make better quality stuff)
    this is not meant to be a Coupe/tiburon replacement is the official company line
    but the fwd coupe is not available anymore as a new model when this comes out- or phases out the FWD coupe...
    the Diff and rear axles are source from some german company i think it is ZF
    so this is good.
    the V6 autotrans is Aisin, the manual trans has not been made public-available to the US yet- as to its sourcing...for the turbo-4 or the V6

If you want a good car with RWD that is cheap, then please get a used Lexus, BMW, or Merc.

thats right
    there are great Mx-5s, Rx8's, Saturn sky, pontiac solstice, cars around that do this better and have proven it on the race track.
    350 z...

Thread Information