Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix

2 words Kitdy... genetical engineering.

Congrats to kimi!
    This is going to be a very interesting season indeed. Shame for massa though. He just barelly went into the gravel. had e been going a bit slowere he would have stayed in the tarmac and continued racing!

EDIT: Oh amd did u see Hamilton overtaking trulli in the 3rd corner of the first lap? CRAZYNESSSS.... legendary indeed wouter.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    To ponder: how can a nation of 5 million people be so good a driving and get 2 people on the podium?
    It's qute possible when all 5 million are race drivers.
    Trulli was great today (well, during a whole weekend). Toyota becomes a rival for 2 echelon teams, and not a furniture anymore.
    Suka, thanks
    And very well for Kubica. He's the one who would be one of the next champions, I hope.

Faksta, has there ever been a Russian F1 driver?

Faksta, has there ever been a Russian F1 driver?
    Could be several times. Apart from our local F1 championship, which was periodically beaten by European F3 cars ( ), in 1996 Alan Berkov has almost entered the World Champioship. He signed a contract with Arrows to race for their junior team in F3000 and complete 10 testing sessions in F1. If he received a superlicense, he would race in one race in F1 - Portugal or Italian GP. IIRC, he didn't collect money, and in 1998 was killed.
    In 2002 Sergei Zlobin tested Minardi, and in 2006 Roman Rusinov was a tester for Midland with a possibility to become a racing driver. I don't actually know where is Zlobin now. As for Rusinov, he will drive a GT1 Murcielago in LMS this year for Reiter Engineering alongside with Peter Kox. In fact, Rusinov is already a Monza 1000km winner (don't remember which year) and 2004 LeMans Series Champion in GT2.
    Now we can see Vitaliy Petrov coming on, who won a GP2 Malaysian race yesterday. I hope he'll finally become our first.

And some other topics. Before the Malaysian race it was said that Mosley wants to change the regulations so that drivers changed teams during a season and each weekend drove different cars.
    And the last. Michael Schumacher came 3rd in Thursday's motorcycle race on Ducati. Any pics?
    Last edited by faksta; 03-23-2008 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Could be several times. Apart from our local F1 championship, which was periodically beaten by European F3 cars ( ), in 1996 Alan Berkov has almost entered the World Champioship. He signed a contract with Arrows to race for their junior team in F3000 and complete 10 testing sessions in F1. If he received a superlicense, he would race in one race in F1 - Portugal or Italian GP. IIRC, he didn't collect money, and in 1998 was killed.
    In 2002 Sergei Zlobin tested Minardi, and in 2006 Roman Rusinov was a tester for Midland with a possibility to become a racing driver. I don't actually know where is Zlobin now. As for Rusinov, he will drive a GT1 Murcielago in LMS this year for Reiter Engineering alongside with Peter Kox. In fact, Rusinov is already a Monza 1000km winner (don't remember which year) and 2004 LeMans Series Champion in GT2.
    Now we can see Vitaliy Petrov coming on, who won a GP2 Malaysian race yesterday. I hope he'll finally become our first.

And some other topics. Before the Malaysian race it was said that Mosley wants to change the regulations so that drivers changed teams during a season and each weekend drove different cars.
    And the last. Michael Schumacher came 3rd in Thursday's motorcycle race on Ducati. Any pics?
    Sergei Zlobin was car-bombed in 2007 but survived - the cops figured it was an murder attempt.

So no Russian that you know has ever driven in an F1 race eh?

I didn't hear about the Mosley proposition for drivers to switch cars - it seems extreme for the sport to do such a thing but could potentially make for really interesting situations. I think it would possibly be interesting, but if I had to guess, I doubt it will come to pass.

What was the race Schumacher was in? I can't find it.

Sergei Zlobin was car-bombed in 2007 but survived - the cops figured it was an murder attempt.

So no Russian that you know has ever driven in an F1 race eh?

I didn't hear about the Mosley proposition for drivers to switch cars - it seems extreme for the sport to do such a thing but could potentially make for really interesting situations. I think it would possibly be interesting, but if I had to guess, I doubt it will come to pass.

What was the race Schumacher was in? I can't find it.
    Not exactly Russian drivers never drove a F1 car during a World Championship race, but they did drive them in local championship (in early years they were more competitive then later) and during WC tests.

I doubt that Mosley's idea will come true, too. The problem as I can see it is drivers' salaries.

Speaking about Schumi, it was said that he raced among amateurs (were only 2 'professionals' - he and some other guy) in Thursday. There was a Ducati badge on his bike, and they've also mentioned that it was a MotoGP race, though I can't tie together MotoGP and amateurs. I can't find it, too yet, but digging further
    Yes, and it was 'his second motorcycle race'.

MICHAEL SCHUMACHER 3rd In Hungarian MotoGP - FerrariChat.com
    Here... it reads Honda, though I've seen Ducati badges...

MICHAEL SCHUMACHER 3rd In Hungarian MotoGP - FerrariChat.com
    Here... it reads Honda, though I've seen Ducati badges...
    How is that MotoGP in any way shape or form? It sounds like a track day with a bunch of amateur riders.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    How is that MotoGP in any way shape or form? It sounds like a track day with a bunch of amateur riders.
    Dunnow...that's what I was wondering, too a couple posts before
    Maybe it's written by people who think that if you take your 50cc scooter and go racing with your friend it's a MotoGP, too?

2 Pro German superbike rider + Schumacher and a bunch of amateur, with all the pros and Schumi start at the back on 600cc against the rest on 1000cc....

impressive nonetheless, not that is MotoGP though...

F1 Race was not that exciting since the rain did not materialize, but good for Kimi anyhow...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Schumacher was on a 1000 cc bike.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Vitaliy Petrov is looking quite promising for a future F1 driver.
    Maybe a test driver at BMW next year?

Another excellent performance by Kubica. Had he not been hit by Nakajima in Australia, he would have finished on the podium there.

BMW is definitely going to get a win this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Vitaliy Petrov is looking quite promising for a future F1 driver.
    Maybe a test driver at BMW next year?
    Maybe, maybe... He's now 2nd in absolute in GP2 Asia, just 11 points behind Grosjean... All the Russians should pray for him

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Schumacher was on a 1000 cc bike.
    from the article:
    Instead of starting from pole, Schumacher - riding an 1000 ccm Honda Superbike - decided to join them on the last row, but then made his way up the field to finish third behind fellow Honda racer Bauer and Meklau, who was on a Suzuki. All three competed in the 600+ ccm category
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information