Thread: Any1 from UK going to le mans 24hr race this year?

Any1 from UK going to le mans 24hr race this year?

Going to le mans this year? Travelling from UK?

I'm travelling with a mate to le mans this year and we're looking to hook up with some peeps to form a convoy!

It will be a laugh. Better to be in a group than on our own, certainly more socialable...

Our plan at the moment is to have an astra sport for the journey and we would be delighted to be joined by some fast cars......naturally!!!

Leaving on Friday 13th June, in the morning. Can arrange to meet close to the M20 somewhere in Kent.

Although not booked yet, we plan to cross the channel with eurotunnel.

So if anyones interested, get in touch!!!

AU REVOIR
    I aint know "rookie"
    2006 Ford Mustang 4.6 V8 Premium GT
    2008 Chrysler 300C SRT Design
    2007 Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2
    1972 MG Midget 1275

Quote Originally Posted by carbrochuretom View Post

I'm travelling with a mate to le mans this year and we're looking to hook up with some peeps to form a convoy!

It will be a laugh. Better to be in a group than on our own, certainly more socialable...

Our plan at the moment is to have an astra sport for the journey and we would be delighted to be joined by some fast cars......naturally!!!

Leaving on Friday 13th June, in the morning. Can arrange to meet close to the M20 somewhere in Kent.

AU REVOIR
    I think you'll find more potential company when you ask the same question on the tentenths forum...There will be a delegation from the UK moving over...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

AU REVOIR
    I tell you what mate, i'm seriously considering going again this year. I'm supposed to be making my annual pilgrimage to Donington park for the Download festival but the line-up is not really catering to my tastes. it's the same weekend in June so I have the time booked off work already. I'm going to enquire with some of my mates to see if they're up for it. I'll keep you posted though. Dan

Well the 156 isn't all that rapid but its running like new now i have new plugs, valves, coil packs, belts and timing gear, so i'm sure i could keep up. Also wondering if you've been before or whether you're getting your Le Mans wings?
    Last edited by Dantera22B; 03-24-2008 at 01:39 PM.
    "When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Dantera22B View Post
    Well the 156 isn't all that rapid but its running like new now i have new plugs, valves, coil packs, belts and timing gear, so i'm sure i could keep up. Also wondering if you've been before or whether you're getting your Le Mans wings?
    Well im sure the 156 will cope. I say we 'might' have an astra sport. It was gonna be a mini cooper, but that cars days were numbered a few weeks ago

So my m8 is looking at an astra, but possibilities of something different, maybe a golf gti, BMW 3 series convertible, or....bizarrely....
    a C-Max (<<<<<LAST RESORT)

Will be the first time to Le Mans - but im a world class Navigator - Went to Nurburgring with the same mate in February and mastered the ring road round Brussels no troubles. So getting to Le Mans, should be a doddle.
    I aint know "rookie"
    1972 MG Midget 1275

Organised my time to finally get it cleared and will be takign the RX-8 to Le Mans along with a dozen other UK owners. Look out for us, we'll have the largest beer bottle pile going
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Well, my plans just changed. Just booked up to go to the French GP instead. its a shame I cant fit both in, but I cant get time off work
    I aint know "rookie"
    1972 MG Midget 1275

Thread Information