Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Horrible accident and we need help!

My knowledge of the local road rules suggests they had right of way, so didnt need to slow down.
    I am the Stig

Quiggs is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    You only have one hope.

It's sounds to me like you cut this guy off... The fact the he hit you in the side suggests you drove right in front of him in a situation where he clearly had right of way. In which case you should pay up and consider yourself lucky that it's only money. Being broadsided by an F150 in an integra should teach you to be a little more cautious

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    It's sounds to me like you cut this guy off... The fact the he hit you in the side suggests you drove right in front of him in a situation where he clearly had right of way. In which case you should pay up and consider yourself lucky that it's only money. Being broadsided by an F150 in an integra should teach you to be a little more cautious
    Well, he had plenty of time to see us, there was a delay between him traveling down to the collision.

Would that affect the result? It was towards the middle-3/4 area of the car.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Well, he had plenty of time to see us, there was a delay between him traveling down to the collision.

Would that affect the result? It was towards the middle-3/4 area of the car.
    From the description it sounds like you where at fault your asking the wrong people if you can get a witness to say he had oodles of time to stop then mayby you have a point but untill that happen you where at fault im sorry to inform you.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

i doubt it would "hold up in court", just call the guy and apologize, that last thing you want is some pissed of redneck wanting to sue you lol

Even that you have to be careful with. Some people will take apologizing as admission of guilt, and therefore you being responsible for any damage on their part. Have they even been in contact with you or has it just been the insurance company?
    I am the Stig

Well, it's my mother who did all this, she was in the car.

To make things more interesting, it seems both us and the other guy (not a redneck by any chance) are insured by the same company.

She won't take the insurance company's response, so I'm coming for help here.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Too bad for her. She pulled out in front of someone, she got hit, she can suffer the consequences.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Very similar thing happened in the Design building parking lot last thursday - a Barina t-boned a Commodore wagon. Who's fault was it? well the Barina was on a "way out" and the Commodore had crossed in front.

Generally, when you are pulling out into traffic, it is up to YOU to make sure the road is clear before pulling out. hence why Insurance is making YOU pay.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    The only way I can see that its partially his fault is if he was speeding.
    Or drinking, but if the Police never filed an accident report both are irrelevant now. Hope your Mom has full coverage.

looking at these fact you nealry don't have any chance of winning this case but as long you hav esome witnesses who saw what accuatally happend and can prov you right then you're cool

If you have photos of the scene, indicating where the driver came from, the point at which he would have complete and clear view of your vehicle, the lack of skidmarks, etc. then you could EASILY win this one...

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax13 View Post
    you could EASILY win this one...
    Apart from the fact that they failed to give way and pulled out in front of someone.

Are Regi and I the only one's who see that?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Apart from the fact that they failed to give way and pulled out in front of someone.

Are Regi and I the only one's who see that?
    yeah i get what you mean and i agree this will be a very hard one to win

Thread Information