Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I want a Suzuki Alto Works

I want a Suzuki Alto Works

I`ve been in Japan for a few weeks, in the mountain town of Matsumoto and I still haven`t stopped rubber-necking at all the interesting cars I don`t get to see in Oz. There are dozens of these little things around here, carving up the mountains.
    Alto works at Japaniod.
    Why do I like it?
    700kgs
    Unique and kinda cool looks compared to local fare, if I ever get one to Oz.
    High revving turbo motor.
    5 speed cog swapper and 4WD.
    Even caned, a 660cc motor (post `92 cars) isn`t real thirsty.

If anyone knows a good resource relating to this thing I`d like to hear of it (parts, information whatever), my google skills are depleted.

Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

The entire Alto Club, which I am a member of loves this thing Among with the extremely rare Fortissimo bodykits it is something we all love to own.

The pic is perhaps nice to see, it is taken from my own car(by the passenger) whilst on a trip with the club . Alto's as far as the eye could see. We did almost 50km of offroading in them that day. A hidden talent of these things

edit:

13th of April there is a HUGE meeting. We expect around 300 vehicles, including a Works

edit2:

The works was sold in Australia I think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by drakkie; 04-02-2008 at 10:55 AM.

Looks like crap. But sounds like it goes like hell!
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

630 kilos, 120hp with a bolt on turbo kit.. would rocket!
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    The entire Alto Club, which I am a member of loves this thing Among with the extremely rare Fortissimo bodykits it is something we all love to own.

The works was sold in Australia I think.
    Figures, when I first saw the things I knew there would be some sort of cult following. So...got any stuff I could read?
    Quote Originally Posted by zeturbo
    Looks like crap. But sounds like it goes like hell!
    They look great up close, you can really tell they are something out of the ordinary.
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteballs
    630 kilos, 120hp with a bolt on turbo kit.. would rocket!
    That it would, but so far I haven`t been able to find anything about modifying the post 92 cars or any turbo kits. Maybe Drakkie knows something.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

You're looking at the wrong car.

Honda Beat FTW
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

How much do they cost and why does the quoted weight keep jumping around? If they're cheap enough they could be an awesome alternative to some of the crap we have rolling around here.

Quote Originally Posted by P4g4nite View Post
    Figures, when I first saw the things I knew there would be some sort of cult following. So...got any stuff I could read?
    I've got a lot of stuff about Alto's but unfortunately it is in Dutch, so I don't think it is of much use. On the forum of the Alto club there is always a lively discussion about these cars. I own a Mk.3 Alto myself, not exactly bought out of love but out of neccesity and financial reasons. The car is one of the cheapest on the road with low parts prices, low fuel costs and low taxes.

The club is really great as well. About every month we hold a meeting, where we usually use one guy his Alto BBQ, a good coffee machine and plenty of tools. More or less all maintenance for the members is done on-site for free by fellow members. In total a few complete Alto's are brought to the meeting in parts, to give/sell to other members. We really are all strange kind of people(including me ), but get along great and have a hell of a lot of fun.

That it would, but so far I haven`t been able to find anything about modifying the post 92 cars or any turbo kits. Maybe Drakkie knows something.
    Post 1992 I assume you mean ? There is a choice then, as the Mk.2 came into production in 1989 until 1995. My personal Alto is a Mk.3 which production stated in early 1995. The F8B engine fitted to the Mk.2 is fairly easy to turbocharge. However what is even easier to do is fit a Swift 1.3 GTI engine. If you use the Alto Mk.3 gearbox(which bolts on directly to the Swift engine) and bolt it on the engine mounts, which fit directly in the Mk.3 you have a really fast car. Problems emerge though after time with driveshafts and rear suspension, which cannot handle the increased stress. Furthermore al kinds of conversions have been done, AX engines, Panda engines, Swift engines and plenty more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by KOTR
    You're looking at the wrong car.

Honda Beat FTW
    No thanks, I`m not a sexually confused extrovert.
    Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd
    How much do they cost and why does the quoted weight keep jumping around? If they're cheap enough they could be an awesome alternative to some of the crap we have rolling around here.
    They are quite cheap, getting them to you can be the challenge. The quoted weights are different is because I was wrong about the 700kgs, but there are many different models all weighing different amounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkie
    Post 1992 I assume you mean ?
    Yeah, I`m interested in the 660cc turbo 4WD models, the Mk2 I assume.

I went out for lunch earlier and saw a Works: carbon bonnet, tiny mirrors, 16in white volks (maybe 15 in, but they looked huge on that car), big brakes, front mount intercooler (possibly negating the need for a bonnet scoop, but it probably works better). Buzzed past at what sounded like 16 000 arpees

No thanks, I`m not a sexually confused extrovert.
    They are quite cheap, getting them to you can be the challenge. The quoted weights are different is because I was wrong about the 700kgs, but there are many different models all weighing different amounts.
    Yeah, I`m interested in the 660cc turbo 4WD models, the Mk2 I assume.
    That is the Mk.2 indeed.

The normal Mk.1 is around 580 kgs, Mk.2 is 640, Mk.3 is 700 and Mk.4 I dont know. But that just goes for the standard models, no idea about the works. Try and google on it's type number; CC72V and you will find plenty of info about the thing.

In this thread on our forum there are plenty of links:
    Suzuki Alto Club [SAC] &bull; Bekijk onderwerp - A Lot Of Alto Works!!!!

I went out for lunch earlier and saw a Works: carbon bonnet, tiny mirrors, 16in white volks (maybe 15 in, but they looked huge on that car), big brakes, front mount intercooler (possibly negating the need for a bonnet scoop, but it probably works better). Buzzed past at what sounded like 16 000 arpees
    As the guys and gals in the club always say 14" is the maximum we can fit and even that requires modifications to the fenders
    Last edited by drakkie; 04-03-2008 at 02:02 AM.

If anyone knows a good resource relating to this thing I`d like to hear of it (parts, information whatever), my google skills are depleted.
    Surfed through this lot the other month, as you probably have, but just in case

Post 1988 models
    Quote Originally Posted by quote from 2004 - vendor may no longer exist?
    Yahoo Motorsport has our 89,000km test vehicle for sale at AUD$3800, which includes completed ADR work and registration
    Pre 1988
    12,000 rpm tacho
    Revvy engine - best above 3000 rpm

Here we go, all confusions may now end. All info on all works for all years.

I guess the Mk2 RS/R is the one I`m after, they don`t seem to be incredibly rare but I`ll have to wait until after I graduate for the little lady in my life to okay the purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkie
    As the guys and gals in the club always say 14" is the maximum we can fit and even that requires modifications to the fenders
    The fenders were puffy but drat, those things are decieving... 14in eh?. I was in a Nissan March and I felt like an SUV.
    Quote Originally Posted by nota
    stuff
    Yeah that is ridiculously cheap, but the 15 year rule has changed since 04, not sure how it affects these cars now.

LOL at 12 000 tacho.

The fenders were puffy but drat, those things are decieving... 14in eh?. I was in a Nissan March and I felt like an SUV.
    LoL so true. I drive a March(called Micra here) quite often for the boss (dodgy gearbox after 700km from factory ? WTF) . To be honest the Alto is much more fun to drive though You would be surprised by the direct steering and the trouble it has putting it's power down, especially with my driving A real drivers car instead of all that modern crap ! Lowest on the road as well. Quite annoying though as you tend to see nothing, with all these high cars on the road.
    Last edited by drakkie; 04-03-2008 at 03:54 AM.

I went to Suzuka to watch the Super GT and they had a March cup as a starter act, they made a great noise but nothing like a 9000 rpm 3 cylinder.

That Alto Works is here in Vancouver out in the City of New Westminster. Maybe one I day I should go a look at it. It sounds like a fun car to boot around the city in. There is currently a 1992 Alto works, black over silver for sale for $6750.
    * 660 cc Single Cam Turbo (Gas)
    * 2WD / 2 door hatchback
    * 5 Speed
    * Factory Alloy Wheels
    * Great On Gas
    * 78,000 Kms

Just scroll down for the photo.
    Japanoid.com - For Sale
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Thread Information