Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I want a Suzuki Alto Works

Mate sorry to burst your bubble but if its not on the SEVS approved compliance list it wont get into the country as anything but a race car that cant be registered ever. Ill check the list.

EDIT: Doesnt look like its on it sorry mate email some of the import companies and they can tell you more easily then i can what the go is.
    Last edited by Blue Supra; 04-04-2008 at 11:55 AM.
    The Datto will rage again...

The ultimate sissy car. There is a limit when ´downsizing´ cars. And the limit has been reached with this one. Ah, we have the Smart left. But that is not even considerable as a car IMO. Sorry, won´t make friends with the Alto club I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra View Post
    Mate sorry to burst your bubble but if its not on the SEVS approved compliance list it wont get into the country as anything but a race car that cant be registered ever. Ill check the list.

EDIT: Doesnt look like its on it sorry mate email some of the import companies and they can tell you more easily then i can what the go is.
    Crap, might have to live in Japan after all.
    Sea Freight & Customs Duty $1500 - $2200 AUD
    Import Duty + 5-10%
    GST +10%
    Import Approval $50
    Vehicle Cleaning $100
    Dock Transfers $40
    Compliance $3000

Daaaaamn....
    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel
    The ultimate sissy car. There is a limit when ´downsizing´ cars. And the limit has been reached with this one. Ah, we have the Smart left. But that is not even considerable as a car IMO. Sorry, won´t make friends with the Alto club I think.
    There are reasons to want a car other than to compensate for lacking penile size.
    You may feel more comfortable in one of these:

Quote Originally Posted by Kona
    That Alto Works is here in Vancouver out in the City of New Westminster. Maybe one I day I should go a look at it. It sounds like a fun car to boot around the city in. There is currently a 1992 Alto works, black over silver for sale for $6750.
    buyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyit buyitbuyitbuyitbuyit...
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra View Post

that would be your best bet, i know of a few reccomended importers an get the names later.
    if all else fails, buy one in japan and have someone immigrate with it as their personal car
    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
    what about the original mini and the honda beat?
    Quote Originally Posted by P4g4nite View Post
    You may feel more comfortable in one of these:
    LOL
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

The original MINI and the revived version as well may be small cars, but they have a coolness factor which way exceeds the Alto. There is a sort of ´toughness´ feeling around it with the fenders, overall design etc just looks good, whether you hate that sort of cars or not. Another example is the new Fiat 500, yes, very small as well but by every means a car that stand out in its class. The Alto IMO is one of the cars that absolutely DO NOT fail as just a way of transport (of course, better that than to walk) but lack any character. Even more, I always feel there is a certain ´girly´ aura around it. Same foes for the Smart. Sorry, that´s the way I think about it, hence referring to as I-M-O. I myself also drive by no means an exciting vehicle... it is a Ford Fiesta and Iam not ashamed about. I rather drive that then an Alto. That´s my ´lowest´ standard, talking about small class cars and that´s how I feel about it. Nothing wrong with my dick size by the way, ask my girl
    So no need for me as well to have a stretched Hummer, whihc I find fugly as hell. I was just in a rebellious mood yesterday, and could have put my words more subtile to not offend any Alto lovers out there, but that´s my feeling. Anyhow, I raised some discussion and that´s what a forum is all about. Good afternoon.

You could hardly charge a vehicle which revs to nearly 10,000rpm, handles brilliantly and has Suzuki's racing heritage to back it up as "Lacking Character".

Just because It wasn't designed to look like a Pokemon (mini) or designed to appeal to latte lovers (500....and yeah, the Mini again) does not make it a bad vehicle.

The Mini survives mostly by being perceived as an Individual choice. the Alto actually is an individual choice.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Interesting way to look at it. I am not saying it is bad, the small size mixed with the design just does not fit my taste. I´m throwing I-M-O´s all over the place so I think that´s pretty clear. It´s my opinion what we could discuss for hours (but will not do for good sake and sanity). I just expressed myself a bit brainless in the first post, which provoked reactions about big Hummers and penile size. I expected that, but decided not to edit post as I was curious how discussion would move forward.

Fair enough - Generally though, if one is to throw about I-M-O's and loud opinions the use of smilies is requested - some people on these forums, regrettably, do not understand sarcasm
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

HAHAHA! I got to drive one today.
    Prognosis: Fungasms.

It feels really small inside, I`m 5 10 which seems to be above average height in Japan but I`m not fat so fitting in was no problem. Clutch was really light but with a ton of feeling almost like it was unassisted, brakes were bitey and not progressive, so I didn`t use them :P Go pedal was really responsive, give it a stab and the little engine screams like a baby dino on your lap, followed by a slight hiss of turbo noise. Gears were surprisingly still tight with hardly any vibration coming through at speed, movements are quite small but makes a good `clicky` feel as you select.
    Driving off is not so smooth, you want a couple of thousand showing on the tacho or you get nowhere but after a few meters you start picking up pace then just as the engine starts sounding angry you feel a bit of torque, you wait for it to build but then it`s time for a new gear. Only 100Nm after all, but damn does it rev, feels like it loves it too.
    This was a front driver version but the front is so light even the lack of power steering don`t damage the cornering ability much. The tiny wheelbase and narrow tyres make changing direction a really fun a physical activity, you lean over on the wheel and give the fun pedal a squeeze and if you`re lucky the back will step out a fraction and you`ll have a moment of front wheel drift before I tankslapped it.
    Gears are really short which is good because changing them is fun and if you only have to drive around town it isn`t so bad but highways might be a bit tiring.

I want one of my own, even front drive would be enough, would want a tad more torque though, a bigger, laggier turbo with a corrospondingly bigger punch would be perfect for this car I feel. It was a a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Big, Steel, Man Parts, Just Ask His Girl
    The original MINI and the revived version as well may be small cars, but they have a coolness factor which way exceeds the Alto.
    Funnily enough, there are dozens of original Minis in this city for some reason, dunno how they all got here. Who gives a rats arse about some `coolness factor` besides 13 year old girls and wankers?
    The Alto IMO is one of the cars that absolutely DO NOT fail as just a way of transport (of course, better that than to walk) but lack any character.
    This is the Alto Works we are talking about here...
    Fake EDIT: IB4R said it as well as I could have.
    Nothing wrong with my dick size by the way, ask my girl
    Well, your deep sense of worry about what image each car has seems to suggest an anxiety about the contents of your trousers.
    I was just in a rebellious mood yesterday
    .....You rebelled against a Suzuki Alto Works?
    Quote Originally Posted by IB4R
    You could hardly charge a vehicle which revs to nearly 10,000rpm, handles brilliantly and has Suzuki's racing heritage to back it up as "Lacking Character".
    It was all I dared hope it would be, I would sell vital parts of other people`s bodies to have one and the funds to tinker with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big, Steel, Man Parts, Just Ask His Girl
    I just expressed myself a bit brainless in the first post, which provoked reactions about big Hummers and penile size. I expected that, but decided not to edit post as I was curious how discussion would move forward.
    You threadshitted and I flamed you.
    Quote Originally Posted by IB4R
    Fair enough - Generally though, if one is to throw about I-M-O's and loud opinions the use of smilies is requested - some people on these forums, regrettably, do not understand sarcasm
    I understand it, I just don`t care for it unless it`s funny.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Sorry that I hurt your feelings. Have fun.
    (added invisible smiley)

p4g, I'd buy one if I had the moolah, thanks to your quick review
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
    Sorry that I hurt your feelings. Have fun.
    (added invisible smiley)
    Awww don`t sulk, I was just having a bit of fun, maybe I went too far. Sorry about that.
    I`m sure your willy is grand in scale....despite what people must think when they see you in a fiesta
    Quote Originally Posted by Kona
    p4g, I'd buy one if I had the moolah, thanks to your quick review
    I thought I wanted the 4WD version but after a drive in the knee dragger I can`t really see the point, there is more than enough grip for accelerating and it corners wonderfully. Even the unnassisted steering was fine, the car is so light and the tyres so narrow you don`t need it.
    But you`d definately do the basic turbo mods if you had one, with the ability to rev that motor has you`d want to exploit it more.

Awww don`t sulk, I was just having a bit of fun,
    I thought I wanted the 4WD version but after a drive in the knee dragger I can`t really see the point, there is more than enough grip for accelerating and it corners wonderfully. Even the unnassisted steering was fine, the car is so light and the tyres so narrow you don`t need it.
    But you`d definately do the basic turbo mods if you had one, with the ability to rev that motor has you`d want to exploit it more.

*groan* You're not making it any easier mate!
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Awww don`t sulk, I was just having a bit of fun, maybe I went too far. Sorry about that.
    I`m sure your willy is grand in scale....despite what people must think when they see you in a fiesta
    It was what I could expect... and frankly, it was a good laugh after all.

Now don´t tell anybody that I would need at least the extended Hummer to compensate

That Alto car looks cool.

Thread Information