Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 8 years later; Return of the RWD Lambo

8 years later; Return of the RWD Lambo

Just 8 short years ago, Lamborghini stopped producing the Diablo GT, the last RWD Lamborghini, bar the R-GT racer. Now, Lamborghini will be ending the Murcielago's remaining years with a special, Murcielago SV. The car will be expecting 2 spoiler options (larger one shown), at least 100Kg saved in weight, and 680 horses.
    This is the Lamborghini Murciélago SV, a more powerful, lightweight, rear-wheel-drive edition planned for launch later this year.

The SV, expected to be the last evolution of the Lambo’s range-topper, will be based on the current LP640 flagship.

Insiders at Sant’Agata claim that the SV will have more power than the 641bhp V12 Reventon, and should lose at least 100kg over the 1660kg LP640. Power output is expected to be around 680bhp.

Weight will be cut by losing the front differential and driveshafts, the electronic system that raises and lowers the rear spoiler and the multimedia system, and by using lightweight alloys and carbonfibre door panels.

Expect the SV’s static wing to come in carbonfibre, too, and for buyers to be able to choose between a smaller wing and the larger, more extravagant one seen in these pictures.

The Murciélago SV takes its name from the Diablo SV, which also lost its four-wheel drive system in favour of rear-wheel drive.
    Autocar - Scoop: Rear-drive Murciélago
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Awesome. That is all.

And the Gallardo?
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

That wing is hideous. Presumably there'll be a Gallardo LP560-2, else the -4 on the name is pointless. Still, it ought to be a laugh on a track.

A laugh on the track is right. Keeeerist, that is going to be one handful of a car, but I suppose that if you get it right, you've the proverbial brass cojones, and you presumably know what you're doing/driving it'll be a stormer of a drive.
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

I'll wait to see some real pics of it before I judge it but I must say from what I am seeing, that looks awesome

that thing just looks silly.

i mean i'm all for lambo trying to re-generate the countach days but they are a very different company now. you cant just stick a silly body kit on a murcielago and be done with it. Lamborghini these days are about cars like the Reventón. They're just as flamboyant but in a whole different way. The countach days are far gone. It doesnt work anymore.. the pointless spoiler and rear wheel drive would probably make this car bad in most ways possible.

It's a Special Edition. Focused on people who want Lambo to return to the days of the Countach.

That means big ass spoilers and Impossible to control RWD. returning to the mongrel animal Lamborghini's used to be.

Whats so bad with that?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Who says the spoiler isn't functional? Plus im sure rear wheel drive would be a blast...

It should go like stink, it amazed me that the car was as fast as it was even though it was quite heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    that thing just looks silly.

i mean i'm all for lambo trying to re-generate the countach days but they are a very different company now. you cant just stick a silly body kit on a murcielago and be done with it. Lamborghini these days are about cars like the Reventón. They're just as flamboyant but in a whole different way. The countach days are far gone. It doesnt work anymore.. the pointless spoiler and rear wheel drive would probably make this car bad in most ways possible.
    Yeah, a spoiler like that on a near-700Bhp RWD car is totally pointless.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

I believe it was Sergio Pinninfarina who said, 'Some people when they see a wing they think it makes a car look sporty, to me it looks like a design flaw."
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

since the murcielago is built just like the enzo.. aka to control air flow through the body's vents and shapes to keep the car on the ground.. surely sticking a whomping big spoiler on the back would render all of that completely unbalanced, right? unless making it RWD really does change things that much with the murcielago..

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    I believe it was Sergio Pinninfarina who said, 'Some people when they see a wing they think it makes a car look sporty, to me it looks like a design flaw."
    Yet Pininfarina designed the F40 and F50 with überspoilers...
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    I believe it was Sergio Pinninfarina(sic) who said, 'Some people when they see a wing they think it makes a car look sporty, to me it looks like a design flaw."
    even they realize nowadays that money isn´t what (and where ) it used to be , hence the newer hot wheels designed ferraris.

what are they gonna do, redesign & retest the whole aerodynamics of a car designed to be awd but converted to rwd, with less weight and more power which will probably make it reach a higher speed than the car was originally designed for...to sell about 30 examples? no way. you put a wing.
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Thread Information