Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8 years later; Return of the RWD Lambo

i'm sure it needs a wing, it's just that one looks like ass.
    good to see some insainty return, although i wonder how it actually is dynamically..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    It's a Special Edition. Focused on people who want Lambo to return to the days of the Countach.

That means big ass spoilers and Impossible to control RWD. returning to the mongrel animal Lamborghini's used to be.

Whats so bad with that?
    Exactly.

It looks excessive, silly, even a bit tacky. And at the first opportunity it will try to kill you. And it has the proper Lambo V12. Fabulous.

Now it only needs to break down and it'll be complete.

Note to Audi: This what Lambo should be doing all the time. We don't want stupid Audis. Thank you.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Exactly.

It looks excessive, silly, even a bit tacky. And at the first opportunity it will try to kill you. And it has the proper Lambo V12. Fabulous.

Now it only needs to break down and it'll be complete.

Note to Audi: This what Lambo should be doing all the time. We don't want stupid Audis. Thank you.
    i think you speak for most of us. with the murcie being designed as 4wd this is quite a step and while i expected more weight loss, should help keep this car in the headlines as it kills various celebs before a new car is made, which is probably going to be very audiish.

Weight will be cut by losing the front differential and driveshafts
    can colin have these?
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    i think you speak for most of us. with the murcie being designed as 4wd this is quite a step
    what if the loss of AWD turns it into absolute rubbish though? as it was designed for it? could be a hell of a widowmaker..
    should help keep this car in the headlines as it kills various celebs before a new car is made,
    ..ah, i see.
    can colin have these?

Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Yet Pininfarina designed the F40 and F50 with überspoilers...
    But in those 2 examples the wing didn't look like something you just glued on the back of the car. They were a part of the body, well integrated.
    This wing is even more hideous then the one Countachs used to have.
    I wonder if this story is true and I wonder who the hell will be buying such a car. From my point of view, it's a bit too extreme to be interesting...
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    even they realize nowadays that money isn´t what (and where ) it used to be , hence the newer hot wheels designed ferraris.

what are they gonna do, redesign & retest the whole aerodynamics of a car designed to be awd but converted to rwd, with less weight and more power which will probably make it reach a higher speed than the car was originally designed for...to sell about 30 examples? no way. you put a wing.
    In terms of sale, it wouldn't matter if they build 20 or 100 in 1 year. With the whole 2008 fleet of LP640s spoken for, and part of the '09s, people will be using the SV as a more dangerous substitute.

On regards to the spoiler, we might want to wait & see how it looks in production form when the PMS rolls around.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    But in those 2 examples the wing didn't look like something you just glued on the back of the car. They were a part of the body, well integrated.
    I wonder if this story is true and I wonder who the hell will be buying such a car. From my point of view, it's a bit too extreme to be interesting...
    The wings may have been properly integrated into the design of the car, but they were still wings, and according to the quote from Sergio himself, that makes them mistakes.

but when you look at something like the Enzo, it has always looked to me as though something was missing from the rear end of that car.

The fact remains that while the stereotype of Italian supercars with trashy large wings exists it's mostly because that what people want and expect. they didn't become stereotypes by not being based in truth.

I agree the wing itself looks ass-worthy but the idea behind it is merely a return to form for the Italians.

Function following form, instead of the other way around. which is better? well, you could argue either way
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    btw F40 was designed by Leonardo Fioravanti and F50 by Pininfarina designing team
    Last edited by dydzi; 04-11-2008 at 06:40 AM.
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Yet Pininfarina designed the F40 and F50 with überspoilers...
    I believe it was said upon reflecting on the F50. The F40 was the only car I've ever seen that came close to pulling it off.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

The wing has gotta go...

[QUOTE=F1_Master;798105]In terms of sale, it wouldn't matter if they build 20 or 100 in 1 year. With the whole 2008 fleet of LP640s spoken for, and part of the '09s, people will be using the SV as a more dangerous substitute.

On regards to the spoiler, we might want to wait & see how it looks in production form when the PMS rolls around.[/QUOTE

my point had nothing to do with sales . didnt you write originally that it was a sort of farewell special edition? why would they do the major revisions i talked about on my post... on a product thats reaching the end of its life cycle? that R&D money is way better spend on the murc´s replacement. ill have mine in verde ithaca
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

I despise that rear wing but i think it is necessary. Like "teatako" said, if they start redesigning the car they might as well sell it as a whole different model, not just a special edition because it would be extremely expensive to redesign. Either way, even with the spoiler, you'd still work up quite a sweat if you drove this anywhere near it's limits. It's a murderer.
    Previously know as "Rotary.freak"

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    It's a Special Edition. Focused on people who want Lambo to return to the days of the Countach.

That means big ass spoilers and Impossible to control RWD. returning to the mongrel animal Lamborghini's used to be.

Whats so bad with that?
    I think this is more of a special edition focused on people who want to return to the days of the Miura/Diablo SVs. Lighter weight, higher power and the more pure control of RWD. So far as I've read the AWD of the standard LP640 hasn't exactly made it friendlier at the limit...

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    my point had nothing to do with sales . didnt you write originally that it was a sort of farewell special edition? why would they do the major revisions i talked about on my post... on a product thats reaching the end of its life cycle? that R&D money is way better spend on the murc´s replacement. ill have mine in verde ithaca
    Maybe this RWD system will live through more than just the Murcielago SV......or, in plainer words, perhaps the next line-up will all have at least an option for RWD.

Much better way to test out whether the customer-base likes it than to develop it and hope that it works for the next model. This way they can see if it works, and see if the buyer's like what Lambo is doing for the future. No point developing a system, even as an option, if people might not want it (they can at least see how much of a demand there is for an RWD Lambo in today's times).
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Cool stuff. The engine sound must be awesome!

Thread Information