Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8 years later; Return of the RWD Lambo

????? when and which was the FWD Lambo ????

Quote Originally Posted by macoran View Post
    ????? when and which was the FWD Lambo ????
    Never. It's a return to rear wheel drive from four wheel drive (which all of their cars are now).

Assuming you meant that...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

the large wing is awful, but the RWD sounds inticing
    i expect massive control problems

im thinkin mad donuts... if i had that kind of money, my tires would go like gas

Quote Originally Posted by 70cuda88 View Post
    im thinkin mad donuts... if i had that kind of money, my tires would go like gas
    It'd be quite a competition to see which one goes 1st, most likely gas though. I think it was Top Gear where i heard that at full throttle in the SLR, a full tank of gas will last you 2 minutes? Where they serious or was it one of Clarkson's exaggerations?
    Previously know as "Rotary.freak"

I think they said something like that for Veyron, a full tank on gas(thats like more than 100 liters on a Veyron) will last 30 min on full throttle....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    It's a Special Edition. Focused on people who want Lambo to return to the days of the Countach.

That means big ass spoilers and Impossible to control RWD. returning to the mongrel animal Lamborghini's used to be.

Whats so bad with that?
    I agree with IB4R. This Lamborghini will remind people of the old Lambos with RWD and big spoilers. Many people will like the nostalgia of this Lamborghini.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    my point had nothing to do with sales . didnt you write originally that it was a sort of farewell special edition? why would they do the major revisions i talked about on my post... on a product thats reaching the end of its life cycle? that R&D money is way better spend on the murc´s replacement. ill have mine in verde ithaca
    I didn't say it was a farewell edition. I said, this is how they'll be ending the Murcielago's remaining years, by adding a new model onto the lineup, a model people have wanted. I only said special, because I think it's special.

However, it's not going to be some limited edition made in 30 numbers like you were suggesting. This is not some limited edition Lamborghini, this is a car available to anyone for probably the next 2-3 years until the Murcielago is finally discontinued.

I apologize for any misunderstandings, but it's not some limited edition rip-off....
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    I think they said something like that for Veyron, a full tank on gas(thats like more than 100 liters on a Veyron) will last 30 min on full throttle....
    I've heard 12 minutes for the Veyron.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master View Post
    I didn't say it was a farewell edition. I said, this is how they'll be ending the Murcielago's remaining years, by adding a new model onto the lineup, a model people have wanted. I only said special, because I think it's special.

However, it's not going to be some limited edition made in 30 numbers like you were suggesting. This is not some limited edition Lamborghini, this is a car available to anyone for probably the next 2-3 years until the Murcielago is finally discontinued.

I apologize for any misunderstandings, but it's not some limited edition rip-off....
    Well it won't be a limited edition per se, but perhaps they'll pull a Superleggera with it (discontinuing it 10 minutes after going on sale, that is).
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

didn't they stop the SL because the new gallardo is coming out? still a bit premature though, considering the new one isn't even on sale yet is it?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

They've probably got orders for the SL until they LP goes on sale, so they want to clear up line space to make the new one.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I'm sure the real one will look more crazy than that. Check out the original diablo SV.

I'm sure the real one will look more crazy than that. Check out the original diablo SV.

Also, didn't the veyron had parts of it's engine from the diablo sv? or something similar to that? I don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    They've probably got orders for the SL until they LP goes on sale, so they want to clear up line space to make the new one.
    They've got orders, but they're almost all gone from the factory. LP560-4s have currently been seen on the same line as the SL at the very beginning & mid-sections.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Thread Information