Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Consumer Perception = fail

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    I don't understand why Honda and Toyota are "not so great"?

If you can get a car that does every thing you need and nothing you want for half the price of car that does everything you need and everything you want then why is it dumb to buy the first? People have different priorities, especially when it is ‘their’ dollar.
    They're good cars, but not GREAT.

They are great cars if you consider how much cheaper they can make the cars at the quality and engineering that goes into them....

working for a Tier 1 supplier in my internship year you can see how Toyota and Honda does well. They are very demending of their suppliers to match their standard at a lower cost, and they are very involved in how you do things. Where as most domestic makers are letting trouble happens first then try to fix it....

Consumer level perception is going to be based primarily on bread and butter cars. Anyone can make a good expensive car, but a good economic car is hard to make. For the longest time a Civic or a Corolla is much better put together than an equivelent J-body or other domestic offering. Nowadays its getting better, but it took them a long time to realize that.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    I thought Consumer Reports was the source of infinite knowledge for consumers. (/sarcasm)
    Pointing people in the direction of not so great cars isn't a good idea.
    Consumer reports said that an Audi A4 handles better than a Lotus Exige. They weren't complaining about ride quality, or noise, or comfort or anything that I could have understood. They said an A4 handles better than an Exige.

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Consumer reports said that an Audi A4 handles better than a Lotus Exige. They weren't complaining about ride quality, or noise, or comfort or anything that I could have understood. They said an A4 handles better than an Exige.
    ...and complained about "noise" in the Elise.

What Elise buyer gives a damn about some road noise? Just makes it better.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Yeah, but I don't think the Exige is as comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post

Their best list seems to be chosen by mainly price *shakes head*
    SO?

From a consumer point of view, a toyota yaris is a far better car than say a ferrari 599! why? becuse it does what it needs to do for 1/10th of the price.

Dont forgt consumers want to get from point a to point b with the least hassle and money posible, and since they are the VAST majority of the market THEY decide wich criteria makes the better car.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo View Post
    SO?

From a consumer point of view, a toyota yaris is a far better car than say a ferrari 599! why? becuse it does what it needs to do for 1/10th of the price.

Dont forgt consumers want to get from point a to point b with the least hassle and money posible, and since they are the VAST majority of the market THEY decide wich criteria makes the better car.
    Yes, price has a lot to do with a choice, but consumers also look at value. "What's the best value for my $$?" is a question a lot of people ask themselves when looking at cars.

Thread Information