Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Certified ZR1 Numbers!

I want one in arctic white pearl, black interior. black wheels.. right now.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by silverhawk View Post
    638 HP!!!! if it can corner properly then im sold
    Its american. they DONT corner. they go really fast in a straight line, and then explode...
    I think "Koenigsegg" is Sweedish for "OH NO, MY HEADS JUST EXPLODED!"

If you can still see the cops,
    you're not going fast enough.

Well, competition is always good. Maybe we'll see a crazier version of the GT-R and a better version of the NSX and LF-A, whenever they come out.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    That's pretty much like all close-ratio gearboxes on powerful cars. Long 1st to get up to speed, then 2nd -> 6th close packed together. Though this will undoubtedly be 2nd -> 5th close, then moonshot 6th. If you don't have the long 1st with close-ratio box, you'll limit the top speed.
    kinda wierd, i know in an ITR you have two gear changes before you hit 100, probably a bit more closely geared
    Quote Originally Posted by hightower99 View Post
    I can finally say that I would be proud to have a ride in or drive a ZR1.
    i'm sure they're honoured
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    kinda wierd, i know in an ITR you have two gear changes before you hit 100, probably a bit more closely geared
    It's all relative really. In something like a ZR1 which has the power for big speeds, you can get speed up with a long first, then have shorter 2-> gears, rather than having a shorter first but longer gearing overall (and less acceleration) up to v-max. But in an ITR where there's not the power (or need) for a big top whack, you just make 'em all short.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by koenigseggccx View Post
    Its american. they DONT corner. they go really fast in a straight line, and then explode...
    Great post! no need to even vote on post of the year this one wins it hands down. Congratulations!!

A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

That was extremely ignorant...
    Previously know as "Rotary.freak"

autozine.org

Am I the only person not excited by yet another unnecessary increase in lateral grip and effortless engine power?
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by P4g4nite View Post
    Am I the only person not excited by yet another unnecessary increase in lateral grip and effortless engine power?
    Nope.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I dunno if i would call it unnecessary. it brings more competition to the market, which makes everyone else make better cars to match...doesn't everyone want better cars?
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

The only way a car like this could be improved.
    2007 Genaddi G-SPT - Tuners - Motor Trend
    "There is no doubt about when people began racing automobiles. It was the day they made the second one." - Richard Petty

All Throttle, No Bottle

I'm guessing it would excite you more if it couldn't go around a 45 degree turn without flailing off the road and didn't have enough power to get out of its own way???

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    I dunno if i would call it unnecessary. it brings more competition to the market, which makes everyone else make better cars to match...doesn't everyone want better cars?
    It all depends if you subscribe to the "more power = better car" theory.

There are certain examples where the "horsepower war" between the German manufacturers has actually resulted in less enjoyable driver's cars. With regards to Corvettes, I specifically recall EVO magazine in the Uk testing a Lingenfelter tuned Z06 and finding that they thought the extra power actually made the car less enjoyable, and a worse all round car than the standard Z06.

That's not to say that the ZR1 isn't going to be a good car of course, it may very well turn out to be great.

There's a lot more to cars than headline power figures though.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by rooster
    It's a road car, why does ridiculously high power and grip = better?
    As performance rises the driver increasingly becomes the weakest link. There are already many cars with limits that far exceed the driver's ability and opportunity to exploit them so what do we gain by further widening the gap?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisblood
    I'm guessing it would excite you more if it couldn't go around a 45 degree turn without flailing off the road and didn't have enough power to get out of its own way???
    Go drown yourself, newbie.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Thread Information