Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Volkswagen Polo GTI (Mk 4 - 9N) 2005-2009

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Actually what I'm really pulling for is the Fiat 500 Abarth SS, but the Clio 197 would be cool too.
    the 500 could make it to state side, but the problem is: where to sell it? maybe in Alfa's dealers, side by side with the new Mito...but...where to sell Alfa? maybe in Maserati's dealers...but a Granturismo here costs about 115.000 euros, a 500 abarth probably will cost 18.000 or even less...
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It's not that awesome. What you really want is the Clio RS.

Or the Mini, which you already get.
    I agree with him... .even a German magazine (..and they love the german manufactures...) weren't happy with this car. They also wrote, it's a bit of a shame that this car carries the GTI label... .the only thing, what they loved, was the engine...

yep, I'm also waiting to see the final Fiat 500 Abarth SS specifications and how it will be to drive...

really ?! sounds almost insane.
    Cause from my point of view it looks like an awesome little car that should act as a pocket rocket... Any chance you got their Cons on hand somewhere ?
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

i guess there isn't a single journalist who gave a good review to this car.
    the fact is that it has a far from being perfect handling, lack of feelings on the steering wheel, low traction, a very old chassis, the gearbox isn't properly mated with the engine, the engine is a little overwhelming on the car's possibilities, the seat is too high, the brakes are spongy...i think it's enough for now.
    it's very far from being a little Golf GTI, which is not my favorite car, but it's for sure a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by m&m-bravo View Post
    the only thing, what they loved, was the engine...
    And you can have that in the cheaper Ibiza Cupra.

With so much competition in the B-segment hot hatch market this just feels outdated.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    i guess there isn't a single journalist who gave a good review to this car.
    the fact is that it has a far from being perfect handling, lack of feelings on the steering wheel, low traction, a very old chassis, the gearbox isn't properly mated with the engine, the engine is a little overwhelming on the car's possibilities, the seat is too high, the brakes are spongy...i think it's enough for now.
    it's very far from being a little Golf GTI, which is not my favorite car, but it's for sure a good one.
    It's my favorite every-day car at the moment ever since I drove that awesome racer version of it on the Ring

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Quote Originally Posted by Gt1Street View Post
    It's my favorite every-day car at the moment ever since I drove that awesome racer version of it on the Ring
    you said "Ring", you have my attention...
    btw, i hope you meant the Golf...
    (instead, if you meant the Polo, i will hide my argument behind this: it was a racer version)

you said "Ring", you have my attention...
    btw, i hope you meant the Golf...
    (instead, if you meant the Polo, i will hide my argument behind this: it was a racer version)
    yeah, I guess it was before you joined the forum.
    I went to a trip to Germany in mid april of last year, covered the Stuttgart-Frankfurt-Koln-Munich on all of its riches.
    and made a special trip to the Ring when we where in Koln and rented a Racecar there, it was a Golf V GTI with 225hp, a rollcage, race suspension and semi racing wheels... It was an absolute blast !

you can search for a thread called "my trip to Germany" in the multimedia forum

yeah, I guess it was before you joined the forum.
    I went to a trip to Germany in mid april of last year, covered the Stuttgart-Frankfurt-Koln-Munich on all of its riches.
    and made a special trip to the Ring when we where in Koln and rented a Racecar there, it was a Golf V GTI with 225hp, a rollcage, race suspension and semi racing wheels... It was an absolute blast !

you can search for a thread called "my trip to Germany" in the multimedia forum
    thanks for the tip...and thanks for saying you like the golf and not the polo
    btw, i have to ask you...how old are you? since i found out renting of cars/race prepared only to at least 25 years old...and i am still going for 24...
    i was planning a trip to the ring too, until some problems at university...
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...-car-ring.html

thanks for the tip...and thanks for saying you like the golf and not the polo
    btw, i have to ask you...how old are you? since i found out renting of cars/race prepared only to at least 25 years old...and i am still going for 24...
    i was planning a trip to the ring too, until some problems at university...
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...-car-ring.html
    I'm 22, but I was 21 when we rented the car. and Yeah the insurance allows 25+ only. That's were my dad comes into the picture, we wrote the thing on his name... he knew how much I wanted it and he trusts me not to act up or act foolishly so he had no problem with that arrangment.

Cost me 320euro for 6 laps... was worth every cent !!!

I'm 22, but I was 21 when we rented the car. and Yeah the insurance allows 25+ only. That's were my dad comes into the picture, we wrote the thing on his name... he knew how much I wanted it and he trusts me not to act up or act foolishly so he had no problem with that arrangment.

Cost me 320euro for 6 laps... was worth every cent !!!
    as i supposed...

btw, your old thread of that trip is awesome!!! thanks for sharing

btw, i'm planning a full day immersion in the "1000 Miglia" when it will pass trough Modena in 17 days...i hope to take some good shots!

glad you liked it

and im looking forward for those pics, some awesome racers are about to pass through your town...

Thread Information