Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Russia Wins Eurovision - Western Nations Cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    the Dutch entry was a girl who did not make at through the semi-finals....
    I was refelcting on past abominations on eurovision that one in particular I beleive it was 2 years ago stood out in my mind, It recieved alot of attention on local radio because of a certain taswegian who was getting married to a prince over there

Something brothers they where called in the same year they had a russian entry that was a large band using mostly electric instruments and wearing skin tight sequined jump suits not too dissimilar from the king himself! (elvis)

I dont know about you guys but I find eurovision utterly hilarious! While europe is ahead of us in many ways most genres of music there has only seemed to of taken sidways steps since the 70s (excluding dance music all purely imo mind you)
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Eurovision has no semblance to anything that's happening in modern pop music - it is an anomaly. an entity all to itself. And thats what makes it fantastic.

Reality does not exist in this place - take it as a piece of theatre and it makes total sense.

For the record Eurovision is broadcast (albeit a day late) on an Australian TV channel renowned for being the "World" channel (IE they play non english movies). I'm a huge fan of the show mostly for S**ts and giggles, but also there are genuinely innovative and interesting gimmicks that can be seen.

That and It's always a treat to see Eastern Europeans murder the English language in rhyme.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post

For the record Eurovision is broadcast (albeit a day late) on an Australian TV channel renowned for being the "World" channel (IE they play non english movies). I'm a huge fan of the show mostly for S**ts and giggles, but also there are genuinely innovative and interesting gimmicks that can be seen.
    Id say its been in stasis since ABBA passed through it!
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

i thought the ice skater was a pretty original idea... i was surprised...

Other than that...wow... it was both weak, and painful. how is it that everyone has English lyrics in their songs? YOUR RUSSIAN! sing in Russian dammit! Oh and the ripping your shirt open and touching yourself is overkill...
    There is such great music in Europe, why is it that eurovision contests always assemble the cheesiest pop garbage year after year?
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Everyone just thinks that singing in his hational language somewhat kills the chances on Eurovision. BTW, he's Russian only by citizenship, not by nationality

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Everyone just thinks that singing in his hational language somewhat kills the chances on Eurovision. BTW, he's Russian only by citizenship, not by nationality
    HAHA just like this year's polish entrant! she's american and moved to poland only 4 years ago iirc
    12 cylinders or walk!

So this shite is like American Idol im guessing, are these peoples songs their own or someone elses???...

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax13 View Post
    So this shite is like American Idol im guessing, are these peoples songs their own or someone elses???...
    I'm guessing it just reinforces the negative stereotypes of European nations.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

whats eurovision?
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

The worlds best comedy festival
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Well ive never heard the song that kid was singing, if its his own i have to give him props, if its someone else then hes just a REALLY bad performer...

The (unofficial) rules of Eurovision are as such:

1) you must perform a song of exactly 3 minutes. It must be original and the first time this song has gone for International Airing. Notable efforts must be made to ensure that the performer cannot hit the appropriate notes - unless that person is fat, in which case they have to be inch perfect.

2) You are only allowed 7 people on stage, including Vocalists. Many of these performers must be able to dance AND sing, something the lead performer is not expected to do either of - even if the routine calls for it.

3) If you come from a Non-english speaking country, you can choose to perform in your own language. If you choose to perform in English, you must do so poorly, and with unusual tone and emphasis.

4) For men, The Gayer you look, the better.

5) For women, the shorter the dress, the higher the votes. this rule is not to be used if a contestant is over 30.

6) You must have some form of memorable stage routine to add to the song. Even the softest ballad must have some form of ham-fisted metaphor being played out like a melodrama on stage.

7) It is a requirement that, during the televoting process, you must give points to each of your surrounding countries.

8) When delivering the televotes, you must A) tell the hosts they look handsome/hot, B) go overtime. C) Tell them it was a "Wonderful" show and D) screw up the points awarding. Extra marks if you mess up when giving the 12 points

I think that about covers it for the uninitiated. For further instructions theres always Wikipedia.

Dude you will only ever see this once as i despise the term as its often not used correctly and is imo terribly overused nowdays.

But that is just pure win there.

And that is likly the first and last time you will ever see me use that term.

It pleases me to be on the end of a Win comment such as that.

Especially considering it's rarity and +1 status

Well ive never seen such an accurate description even if it was written humerously.

You should send that into the radio station im sure those 2 nerds will read it out.

Thread Information