Thread: Dealer School

Dealer School

Well, over the past year I took part in my freshman year in university. Other than the credits from courses that i took there, a major thing I learned this year was that I will only be truly good at what I do if I really want to do that. With that in mind I applied to a school that has an applied business program for automotive managment. This program teaches you everything you need to know to be a sucessful manager of a car dealership, and it consists of a co-op meaning that for each summer of the program I will be working with a paid job in a dealership.

If any of you have gone through a program like this before and have any tips all help would be appreciated.
    The McLaren F1- The most fun you can have with your clothes on

"Live Fast, Die Young, and Leave a Good Looking Corpse" -James Dean, weeks before dying in a car crash at the age of 24

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren_crazy View Post
    Well, over the past year I took part in my freshman year in university. Other than the credits from courses that i took there, a major thing I learned this year was that I will only be truly good at what I do if I really want to do that. With that in mind I applied to a school that has an applied business program for automotive managment. This program teaches you everything you need to know to be a sucessful manager of a car dealership, and it consists of a co-op meaning that for each summer of the program I will be working with a paid job in a dealership.

If any of you have gone through a program like this before and have any tips all help would be appreciated.
    Hey awesome man. I want to do something like that too. I got into Economics Co-Op at the University of Waterloo so I'm hoping to get a placement like yours. I'm really hoping it will have something do to with cars but I don't know how the process works yet.
    Previously know as "Rotary.freak"

Quote Originally Posted by Type17 View Post
    Hey awesome man. I want to do something like that too. I got into Economics Co-Op at the University of Waterloo so I'm hoping to get a placement like yours. I'm really hoping it will have something do to with cars but I don't know how the process works yet.
    I've heard great things about the co-op program at Wloo.

My buddy got good marks and now has a job at Microsoft's HQ.

If you do well, you can get great industry contacts and line up a job after you're done.

My study also teaches for a management position, but then slightly different. More like the aftersales manager at a importer or a manager of a certain engineering department. If you get your stuff right, you can make some good money at a dealership as well, but it is always bloody hard working, especially if it's your own company.

I should so do that

I seriously thought you meant drug dealer school.
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra View Post
    I seriously thought you meant drug dealer school.
    The only school you need for that is your brain.

Thread Information