Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 Dodge Ram - fuel economy and aerodynamics

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Interesting first post rambob, I take it you are a Ram fan then? What exactly is piston ring pressure anyways? I don't really think Chevys trucks are for "red necks" however - a bit of a broad statement that doens't lend well to your credibility I think.
    OK I got a little carried away. Pretty much all the good ol boys around here "luv cheverlays" hu hu. Because thats all most of them know how to work on. I've owned three GM vehicle's a 93 buick Regal 3.1v6, 95 Z28 LT1 v8, 99 Olds Alero 3.4 v6 . All three were leaking coolant and oil from the intake manifold gaskets by 53k miles. Not to mention all the electrical problems and cheap trim. I'm a car nut and I love all cars even GM's. But GM build quality and long term durability has been lacking for a long time.
    There's a reason that the Ford F150 pick up is the best selling vehicle in the world their built to last. And there's areason Toyota is out selling GM, It's because held up next to Toyota build quality anything GM loks lika a YUGO!

My uncle is a pretty hardcore chevy fan, but when his truck got stolen and torched he got a ford (took the emblems off, though) because he was tired of his chevy's breaking down all the time.

That being said, I'd much rather have the dodge. With the 6.7 liter (if I'm getting a truck, It's cause I need heavy duty,) but in a 1500 the hemi hybrid could be sweet.

Juggs, your friend may have had a dud, because I drove them both back to back and the 6.7 responded far better than the 5.9 and got up to a much higher speed much faster. Plus, there's a ton less lag with the variable vane geometry turbo. Was the difference you noticed because you went from a tuned truck to a stock one?
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by rambob View Post
    Not to mention all the alternators, fuel pumps, and ac comressors the Chevy will have gone through by 100K. Why do you think Toyota is stompin GM in sales right now. Chevy's are for red necks that don't know any better.
    i think you meant:
    'full sized trucks are for asshats and rednecks'
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i think you meant:
    Hey, just cause monkeys don't need them doesn't mean they aren't usefull. Well, aside from in LA. Then they're pretty much useless.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

i think you meant:
    In the city yes, out in the uncivilized wild not so much.
    EDIT: it seems wwgkd already said this.
    Pickups are crucial in LA cuz they generate much-needed road rage.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

i think you meant:
    Hey, just cause monkeys don't need them doesn't mean they aren't usefull. Well, aside from in LA. Then they're pretty much useless.
    Big cities suck

i'm sure they're useful. i've seen a few big yank trucks here.
    doesn't mean asshats don't drive them though
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

i'm sure they're useful. i've seen a few big yank trucks here.
    doesn't mean asshats don't drive them though
    I think that's more where you are. In bigger cities, it tends to be asshats driving them, I'll agree with you there. Out here (or any places where you really need them) it's a different kind of person driving them. Well, usually, there's asshats everywhere.
    Big cities suck

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    I think that's more where you are. In bigger cities, it tends to be asshats driving them, I'll agree with you there.
    yeah, thanks to their ridiculous prices they tend to be used by tradies, so that doesn't help.
    no 'recreational' users though i guess you could say.
    (or any places where you really need them) it's a different kind of person driving them.
    yeah, hilux drivers
    Well, usually, there's asshats everywhere.
    true..

Thread Information