Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue IMO

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Do you mean smart as in intelligent or Smart as the (fail) car manufacturer?

If you meant the manufacturer... *hides in fear*
    Yeah, you're hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Yeah, you're hiding.
    Now I know how Johnny feels.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by Dantera22B View Post
    The whole point is that i've been always been a fan of the Gran Turismo series, i've owned all of them up to and including GT4, but this new one just didnt seem to grab my attention and make me want to go back and play it, whereas Forza can keep me going for hours and hours. Perhaps if I had them game myself I could grow to love it. As they say, first impressions are everything and this game did not deliver.
    Then you're definitely one of the few. Most FM2 fans (as I've seen on FM2) feel the career mode is boring and lacking, and the game can get old after a 2-3 hours.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master View Post
    Then you're definitely one of the few. Most FM2 fans (as I've seen on FM2) feel the career mode is boring and lacking, and the game can get old after a 2-3 hours.
    I think the major problem is the lack of tracks. Always the same tracks in all the events. It gets old fairly quickly, yeah.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

The lack of variety in Forza 2 is a bit of a downer, yes. A big pile of classic cars, only about two classic races to use them in. Seems silly. Also, for me, too many race class races. I prefer to drive the 'real' cars.

Agreed! I'd like more races and I'd like them to use the extra downloaded tracks as well.
    "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
    "Life is short, drive fast!" - Lamborghini
    "How's that for a slice of fried gold?"
    "I'll take the case!" - Harvey Birdman

Online play really is not that boring. yes i have to agree that career mode is rather short and that some new career races being made available via DLC would be most welcome, but that seems unlikely.
    "When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." - Henry Ford

When I played GT5 Prologue at the local store, it grabbed my attention for all the wrong reasons. the drift game mode? If they had let a room full of monkeys code the drift physics they still couldnt have gone further from reality - it was in short, horrific. Nothing remotely close to how a car reacts sideways - And before you say that I dont know how cars react, let me point out I have hours of experience.

The cars still just bounce around tracks like ping pong balls in a maze - fine if your a beginner or something, But for a game such as this? they could find a better, less garish way to give you limited room.

Its pretty yes, the sounds are still dull, and as always, the tyre screech makes its appearance on every corner, even a tight hairpin taken an half lock at fourty kilometers an hour.

I could blame all this on the fact i wasnt using a top of the line steeringwheel with clutch and H pattern, But if the makers are willing to turn the game to shit for the deteriment of those with steering wheels... thats a serious mistake.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

My only gripe is the tyre screech and that the P700 S Class races are obscenely difficult.

I also wasn't very impressed by GT5 P, it just doens't bring anything new... just the same thing but better looking, like i said before, i want a game where i can change anything about the car, forza as done a great job with that, why not bring bit of story on to theese kind of games, some role playing, racing, tunning, mix genres, dammit.
    A perfect example of this is crysis, a crap game that only top spec pcs can handle, and for what? 2 hours of the same old shoteer.
    Last edited by ruim20; 06-04-2008 at 02:59 AM.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Glad to see i'm not entirely on my own on this one then
    "When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." - Henry Ford

I play GT5P. I enjoy it immensely. A decent wheel, good 1080P TV and you're in business.

You can't compare it to Forza though. Forza is a full game, Prologue is just a taste of things to come. The graphics are brilliant, if a little too crisp, the physics model is great (but not perfect) and once damage and private rooms are introduced, the online mode is going to explode.

GT5 Prologue makes GT4 look arcade-like and the physics modelling cannot be compared. It's such a leap forward, I fail to understand how people could possibly say that the old GT4 was better...?

I haven't really played FM2, but from what I hear, it's a cracking game and if I ever get an XBOX, I'll be checking it out.

The S class races are so ridiculously hard in professional mode, you NEED a wheel.

Nah, they're too easy, I use a SIXAXIS and I have no trouble. But ten years at the helm of GT has it's benefits and I also have a wheel, which I find harder to use than the controller. I know a lot of guys who are a second off their best controller pace when using a wheel and although they're getting a little better at it, wheels are really only noticeable on circuits like Daytona.

Having said that though, the SIXAXIS is overly sensitive and that appears to be it's biggest flaw at the moment.

That and the lack of DualShock, hehe!

Quote Originally Posted by AERO_HDT View Post
    That and the lack of DualShock, hehe!
    DualShock 3 is available since June 12.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

Thread Information