Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 599 vs Bugatti Veyron street race- Very Interesting

Ferrari 599 vs Bugatti Veyron street race- Very Interesting

To check out who won, read through. Goes to show that blokes who own supercars don't exactly become super racers

Veyron vs Ferrari 599 high-speed chase; BMW Police car plays party pooper - AutoMotoPortal.com
    Car maintenance and tips
    http://www.garagelibrary.com

Only £60 fine, in finland fine for something like this could be thousands.

They should of made an example of him.

Idiots in expensive cars who dont care about other peoples lives.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Sad, I know. The speed gun got the dude clocking 90 mph, but they predict he should have touched 130 mph afterwards. They fined him only for the recorded speed.
    Car maintenance and tips

140 mph in a veyron 16/4, what is that, 2nd gear? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500 View Post
    They should of made an example of him.

Idiots in expensive cars who dont care about other peoples lives.
    It's impossible, he only got clocked doing 97 by a gun... Thereby missing losing his license (and possibly car) by 3mph. Lucky git. Although i know people who have done 130mph and got clocked for it and been lucky enough to get away with just 3pts and a fine, rather than loss of license/car, simply down to policemen who - in that case - realised the road was empty, he admitted he was speeding and was willing to co-operate...

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    It's impossible, he only got clocked doing 97 by a gun... Thereby missing losing his license (and possibly car) by 3mph. Lucky git. Although i know people who have done 130mph and got clocked for it and been lucky enough to get away with just 3pts and a fine, rather than loss of license/car, simply down to policemen who - in that case - realised the road was empty, he admitted he was speeding and was willing to co-operate...
    Here they can defect you no matter what...the hitch is your car has worn suspesnion bushes (if its used they can be worn) and then they could of been assholes and towed him. And he would of deserved it too.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by notjustshrawan View Post
    To check out who won, read through. Goes to show that blokes who own supercars don't exactly become super racers

Veyron vs Ferrari 599 high-speed chase; BMW Police car plays party pooper - AutoMotoPortal.com
    the same wannabee racing drivers as the ones entering these gumball things....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

right on the button henk!...acquiring these cars never means you acquire the skills to drive them..and common sense is primarily absent in the supercar owners population
    Car maintenance and tips

Tsk, tsk, tsk. I thought I was on UltimateCarPage not UltimateObeytheSpeedlimitPage?

How often do you hear about somebody pushing a supercar’s performance on a public road to the limit and killing or seriously injuring someone else? Like never. Sure you'll hear about people in supercars totaling their cars and killing or seriously injuring themselves or the passenger, but other people? I'm sure it's happened, but I can't remember ever reading about it.

Now what about the elderly who forget to take their medication and pass out at the wheel while going the speed limit and kill someone? You can probably find a couple dozen stories about that. Or what about people who drive at the speed limit and talk on their cell phones? You can probably find a couple hundred articles about them killing over drivers. Finally, what about people who get drunk and drive the speed limit? You can probably find a few thousand articles about them killing other drivers.

Speed doesn’t kill, inattentiveness does.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

well..that is a valid point..but an everyday honda or ford driver won't do 130 mph. High-performance supercars are easily capable of such speeds and you wouldn't know what speed you are doing until you see the speedo cause we are talking about 600 or more horsepower.
    A rich man isn't Micheal Schumacher by birth or seldom trains to become an expert driver. It is an ordinary man who is rich and goes on to buy these exotic and fast cars and just because they have the power it doesn't mean they have the control over it.

Either a zonda or a honda, drive them sensibly and remember roads are not race tracks
    Car maintenance and tips

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Tsk, tsk, tsk. I thought I was on UltimateCarPage not UltimateObeytheSpeedlimitPage?
    That is one massivly immature view of the sitution.

Are you implying we should pat these people on the back and scorn the elderly who need to drive to live and are medically dependant? purely on the basis that the much more common and frail elderly cause more accidents compared to the people who can afford $300,000 (and up) cars? and youll be suprised how often those supercars get crashed despite their relative rareity on our roads.

Wrecked Exotics - Car Crash Picture, Exotic Cars, car wreck, crash test, car crash photo, car wreck picture, car crash test, picture of car crash, car crash pic, anyone

Pat him on the back sure why not his forehead will meet the table hell be out cold and ill stuff the keys to his veyron so far up his ass everytime he farts his central locking will go haywire.

If he can afford that overated bucket of shit he can afford a trackday im sure.

Speed doesn’t kill, inattentiveness does.....hmm also so the guy merging where it looks safe and begins to merge on a peice of realeastate where a supercar travelling at 140mph suddely fills as hes approaching rapidly and more then likly weaving through traffic im sure is the problem here right?
    Last edited by Falcon500; 06-05-2008 at 07:36 AM.

I agree with nic, just because people own supercars, it doesn't mean that they cant drive them. A lot of supercar owners are skilled drivers and those comments are just irrational and spiteful. JUst because you own a 25000$ car it doesnt mean that you are a completely irresponsible callous idiot. Its a fact that the majority of accidents happen at slow speeds rather than at high speeds.

Oh and have you noticed that more often than not people who dont have/cant afford a supercar have the same critical outlook? However, if they get a supercar (lottery, inheritance, etc,.) their outlook changes and suddenly they switch sides.

Auxin!
    where were you at the time of the whole incident?

Don't you think you are putting lives at risk when you are doing 130 mph on a 50 mph zone? Controlling any automobile becomes difficult when the speed is rising. If I ever won a supercar or went ahead and bought one, I'd enjoy its power on the track and not by racing it on roads. Its common sense buddy, don't you think?
    Car maintenance and tips

Thread Information