Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Wifey's Turn... Now Mine

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    nice stuff there pokey! Infiniti's are always something i like. and congratulations and enjoy that sucker.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Small boot? How does it compare to the Mini (also in relation to the exterior size)?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Small boot? How does it compare to the Mini (also in relation to the exterior size)?
    if you took the boot area in the mini and flipped it down, it would be very similar. it is very short from floor to lid, but goes back a decent ways. supposedly it will hold 2 golf bags, but i dont believe it. if they went for runflats and ditched the huge spare, it could be made into a decent size, but i am glad they have real tires.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

I drove an imported Nissan Skyline Coupé (Japanese market G35) on Wednesday and have to say I am green with envy!

The G35 was never officially sold here, therefore the only cars in the UK are imported from Japan. The problem with that is the OEM Navigation equipment / radio etc. doesn't work properly...oh, and finding one is a PITA.

Thankfully, Infiniti have just started selling new cars in the UK, so the G37S should be on the used market for a reasonable price in 3-5 years' time.

Unfortunately, the one I drove was an automatic, in crappy condition and was fitted with stupid 20" alloys and 245/30 front tyres. So it tramlined a lot, but ignoring that, it was a phenomenal car.

- Actually, it made a great cruiser with the smooth auto gearbox (is yours a manual?). I couldn't believe how it could go from being a luxury cruiser to a sports car in the blink of an eye.

Congrats on owning a properly awesome car!
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

thank you very much, and i am glad you enjoyed it. mine is a stick with 19s on it, so still tramlines a lot as well, and rides pretty terribly. but loads of grip thanks to the non oem tires.

it is a good highway cruiser, even with the stick. you can generally leave it in 6th and let the torque pull you around other cars.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post

Is it economical?

No. It has a big V6 that begs you to flog it. You will flog it. It will suck gas. On the highway it does alright, but the short bits where i mostly drive cause the mileage to tumble. i think it's around the 17mpg mark, but never really figured out. Regular maintenance is also rather expensive. Coming from the Mini with all regular maintenance included in the price, paying 100 for an oil change is a bit depressing. Thankfully it isn't too often I need them.
    What about all the money you spend on hair gel, fake tanning, and gym memberships?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    What about all the money you spend on hair gel, fake tanning, and gym memberships?
    Sounds like the pokey I know.

Gym tan laundry baby.

what can i say. it ain't easy being this pretty.

Brendon, have you seen they've recalled G35s?

Infiniti recalls 134,000 G35 coupes and sedans due to airbag issue — Autoblog

Is yours affected?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

i hadn't seen that. had some other recall issues fixed the last time i took it in, but this is a new one. i'm not particularly concerned if my airbags go off. the only time i have had an interaction with an air bag, my head never hurt it and it gave me 2nd degree burns on my wrists (after i wrecked the Mini).

So after almost 4 years of ownership, two cross country moves, driving at Laguna Seca, a dry lake bed at 143 mph, multiple autocrosses, taking me and all my stuff to my 5 LeMons races, and with a pending move to Japan, it was finally time to say goodbye to the G. It was a great car, and still looked and drove absolutely pristine.

So we still have out CX-7 and it will be staying in the family. It will go to my mother whose Crossfire is on its last legs. But this is the first time since 1998 that I have been without a car. It's a strange thing, and a bit uncomfortable to be honest. But soon enough we will have some insane JDM car. Stay tuned....

What will happen to the RX-7?

I'm voting for something rotary powered.

Mada Cosmo 3 rotor!

Four years? Really?! Where have they gone?! I've had 3 in that time frame... How long will you be in Japan for?
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

the RX is staying with my mom for the duration of my japan adventure, which is currently estimated at 2 years.

The Eunos Cosmo 20b is tempting, but a stagea is also something I want. And maybe if I save my pennies, an R34 GTR....

The G served you well. I hope it has a good life in the hands of the new owner.

Exciting Japanese car time!

Thread Information