Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rosenbauer LF 20/16 (Mercedes Benz Atego)

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    they aren't that old; the complaints from the firemen was that it was unwieldy and too big for 90% of the situations they get called out to.
    also guzzled fuel apparently, the guy said it was somthing ridiculous like a 8L V6 or something huge, don't remember exactly.
    being replaced by mercede's trucks i believe
    Of course they are too big. American fire trucks are only good for one place: America. In other countries they just don't fit in. Just try to imagine a fire truck like an E-one or something in a city as London or Paris, it just wont fit in.

If they are being replaced by Mercedes, they are pretty unique in Australia I think. I believe that the Australian fire department has a preference for Scania.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

it might have been scania, i don't remember exactly what he said; scania does make more sense now that you mention it.
    i think they're also using adapted landcruisers for some of the calls.
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 06-12-2008 at 02:25 AM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

it might have been scania, i don't remember exactly what he said; scania does make more sense now that you mention it.
    i think they're also using adapted landcruisers for some of the calls.
    Yes there is a lot of variety in the fire department when it comes to the vehicles. In the Netherlands you can see so many different trucks and cars. They go from DAF to a Ford Ka and from MAN to Alfa Romeo. And they all are good at their job...

Here is a list of Dutch fire brigades and each of them has a page with their vehicles on them. Just look at the wide range of vehicles: VBB - Voertuigennieuws
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo View Post
    Here is a list of Dutch fire brigades and each of them has a page with their vehicles on them. Just look at the wide range of vehicles: VBB - Voertuigennieuws
    wow, really cool!
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

they aren't that old; the complaints from the firemen was that it was unwieldy and too big for 90% of the situations they get called out to.
    also guzzled fuel apparently, the guy said it was somthing ridiculous like a 8L V6 or something huge, don't remember exactly.
    being replaced by mercede's trucks i believe
    I understand.

No idea why, but firetrucks are always cool, but the European brand firetrucks always seem cooler. Maybe they're "exotic".

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I understand.

No idea why, but firetrucks are always cool, but the European brand firetrucks always seem cooler. Maybe they're "exotic".
    Well 'American' fire trucks should be "exotic" for me, but I really don't like them at all... I think it's because European fire trucks always look like the stereotype fire truck and American fire trucks have a whole different look.

Thread Information